Hairy, crazy ants invade from TX to MS

Oct 1, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTHI-TV Terre Haute

It sounds like a horror movie: Biting ants invade by the millions. A camper's metal walls bulge from the pressure of ants nesting behind them.

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Oct 17, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ugglybug

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Eeeeeew

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Double ewwwww.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

the movie .... Them

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Anyone else notice the odor of formaldehyde?*Sniff**Sniff* Where's that coming from?

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Cheeka-Weeka wrote:
Double ewwwww.
Think that's ewwww.
Check this out.

Notice the chompers on this thing. It has one of the worst stings in the insect world too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Judged:

Darn teabaggers!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Darn teabaggers!
It isn't native to the United States.
It is an invading horde, like a lot of other illegals, and like a died in the wool liberal, you try to put the blame somewhere else.

Since: Sep 11

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Maybe we need to build a wall a little farther north. It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. A few bugs don't bother me, but a teeming mass... Icka!
DJZ

Merrillville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Judged:

The Ants are marching 1 by 1 her ra, her ra. Then they march 2 by 2 her ra. They pillage and kill, they destroy and wreck, then you have to pay the bill and they all come marching down. HER RA!

Since: Sep 11

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2011

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an invading horde, like a lot of other illegals, and like a died in the wool liberal, you try to put the blame somewhere else.
First, It's "dyed in the wool".
Second, you have way of working your issues with "illegals" into every thread you comment on that I have seen. Is that intentional? Or I you simply that fixated on the issue? We're talking about ants. They don't pay much attention to immigration laws, but then immigration doesn't pay attention to them either.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
info only dyed , do that a lot myself have a word in mind and use the wrong spelling of the thought and hit the send .ooooooooops

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Judged:

oooooooops sorry did not see the already reminded post on dyed , MOCK met BAMA he is a migrating Illionian ? spelling
Knucklehead

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

"If one gets electrocuted, its death releases a chemical cue to attack a threat to the colony, said Roger Gold, an entomology professor at Texas A&M."

Yikes, the stuff horror movies are made of...

They need to ship some giant anteaters to these areas. Or, they could catch a batch of these ants, kills a few at a time to attract its mates, and then GAS AWAY!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Think that's ewwww.
Check this out.
Notice the chompers on this thing. It has one of the worst stings in the insect world too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Very ugly wasp.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

I can still remember the hairy crazy aunt of a friend of mine in grade school.

Buuh-h-h-h-h.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Uh Clem wrote:
I can still remember the hairy crazy aunt of a friend of mine in grade school.
Buuh-h-h-h-h.
oh yeah , that was uncle Harry during the day hours right ????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Mockingbird Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
First, It's "dyed in the wool".
Second, you have way of working your issues with "illegals" into every thread you comment on that I have seen. Is that intentional? Or I you simply that fixated on the issue? We're talking about ants. They don't pay much attention to immigration laws, but then immigration doesn't pay attention to them either.
I made a typo.... sue me.

What does "or I you" mean?" If you're going to correct someone, at least get your stuff right.

Yes, we were talking about ants and I would have happily left it that, until Wolf brought politics into it. Ants have a lot more in common with illegals than they do any political party, or part thereof.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
info only dyed , do that a lot myself have a word in mind and use the wrong spelling of the thought and hit the send .ooooooooops
Yeah.... I've gotten good at that.

I find myself doing it a lot since tangling my dominate hand in a running 10" table saw.

Used to be a decent touch typist but now am reduced to using one finger on one hand while still trying to touch type with the other. I transpose a lot of letters, and of course, the spell checker doesn't catch all of the mistakes.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
I find myself doing it a lot since tangling my dominate hand in a running 10" table saw.
Used to be a decent touch typist but now am reduced to using one finger on one hand while still trying to touch type with the other. I transpose a lot of letters, and of course, the spell checker doesn't catch all of the mistakes.
tell me, especially if your typo is spelled correctly . sorry about the hand
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bama,...I can understand your frustration! I did the same thing to my left hand, only with a skill saw. Sure didn't help my guitar play'n any either. But we keep trying, huh?(now,...just let me figger out what this has to do with ants!!)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••