Pawlenty names Krinkie to MnSCU board...

Pawlenty names Krinkie to MnSCU board of trustees

There are 27 comments on the WXOW-TV La Crosse story from Jun 15, 2010, titled Pawlenty names Krinkie to MnSCU board of trustees. In it, WXOW-TV La Crosse reports that:

Gov. Tim Pawlenty has named former state Rep. Phil Krinkie, a Republican fiscal hawk, to the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXOW-TV La Crosse.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#22 Jun 20, 2010
highland guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have a problem with krinkie's views upsetting the apple cart at MnSCU, so by extension you must favor a system where everyone just gets along and does whatever the leadership suggests. your repeated reference to him as Dr No indicates you will disagree with anything he says, before he even says it.
Not at all. He earned the nickname of Dr. NO at the Legislature, where he was a knee-jerk reaction against spending/investing in much of ANYTHING -- even before he saw it. You know, whatever the leadership of the anti-tax forces suggests.

I have nothing against a brash newcomer asking the questions some
do not want asked -- thereby causing discussion to go into new areas. I have played that role myself. What I have no time for is for someone who does not believe in the mission of an institution to waste huge amounts of time opposing virtually every action a board wants to take -- just to be an obstructionist, garner notoriety, cred with the anti-taxers, and grab a few headlines.

Perhaps Dr. NO will not operate that way. Maybe he will be a positive addition to the board of directors. Based upon his less-than-stellar performance in the Legislature -- I do not recommend holding one's breath until that happens.

Even you would not look good cold and purple -- so please stay with us!
Walter

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Jun 20, 2010
Great choice. Krinkie might finally be a voice to reign in the fiscal madness of Higher Education.

“Sustainability Now!”

Vadnais Heights

#24 Jun 20, 2010
Walter wrote:
Great choice. Krinkie might finally be a voice to reign in the fiscal madness of Higher Education.
By a majority of One?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#26 Jun 21, 2010
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. He earned the nickname of Dr. NO at the Legislature, where he was a knee-jerk reaction against spending/investing in much of ANYTHING -- even before he saw it. You know, whatever the leadership of the anti-tax forces suggests.
I have nothing against a brash newcomer asking the questions some
do not want asked -- thereby causing discussion to go into new areas. I have played that role myself. What I have no time for is for someone who does not believe in the mission of an institution to waste huge amounts of time opposing virtually every action a board wants to take -- just to be an obstructionist, garner notoriety, cred with the anti-taxers, and grab a few headlines.
Perhaps Dr. NO will not operate that way. Maybe he will be a positive addition to the board of directors. Based upon his less-than-stellar performance in the Legislature -- I do not recommend holding one's breath until that happens.
Even you would not look good cold and purple -- so please stay with us!
I think Krinke will take his appointment seriously and will not necessarily be the Dr. No many have labled him. I don't necesarily disagree with most of the positions he took in the legislature, I especially liked his barbs at Entenza and Ruckavina. That having been said, this guy is a very successful businessman who understands the value of higher education and I think will bring a perspective to the board of trustees that is different and not necessarily combative.
Will he create new financing avenues for MnSCU? Who knows, but he will bring some level of accountability to those who spend the money.

“Sustainability Now!”

Vadnais Heights

#27 Jun 21, 2010
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Krinke will take his appointment seriously and will not necessarily be the Dr. No many have labled him. I don't necesarily disagree with most of the positions he took in the legislature, I especially liked his barbs at Entenza and Ruckavina. That having been said, this guy is a very successful businessman who understands the value of higher education and I think will bring a perspective to the board of trustees that is different and not necessarily combative.
Will he create new financing avenues for MnSCU? Who knows, but he will bring some level of accountability to those who spend the money.
I will stand with you in holding that hope for how Krinkie operates. Perhaps in a year, one of us will be able to tell the other, "See! I TOLD you so!"

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#29 Jun 23, 2010
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I will stand with you in holding that hope for how Krinkie operates. Perhaps in a year, one of us will be able to tell the other, "See! I TOLD you so!"
For the sake of Higher Education, I am hoping I am the one :-)

“Sustainability Now!”

Vadnais Heights

#30 Jun 23, 2010
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
For the sake of Higher Education, I am hoping I am the one :-)
For the sake of the students, I am hoping I am the One!(:

P.S. If you are correct, I will provide you with a schooner of your favorite brew, at an Off-Topix Gathering. I will also proclaim to the assembled multitude that "A Conservative Was Right!" (but only once)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota House taps state surplus for another ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 TooAverage 41
News Charges say St. Paul man, upset over ticket, th... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Joe Blow 1
News Colorado's Defeat of Income Tax Hike Victory fo... (Nov '13) Nov '13 David Laskowski 1
News Winona firefighters trying to contain block-siz... (Nov '13) Nov '13 naya jo 1
News Lines form outside Chick-fil-A sites in Maple G... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Britt 1
News Lawmakers wrap 'most partisan session' ever (May '13) May '13 GunShow1 1
News Lower tuition for immigrants becomes law in Col... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Mah 1
More from around the web