Suspended teacher has criminal histor...

Suspended teacher has criminal history, disciplinary record

There are 35 comments on the Http story from Nov 11, 2010, titled Suspended teacher has criminal history, disciplinary record. In it, Http reports that:

The Happy Valley High School teacher who was suspended without pay this week following a police investigation of a stalking complaint has a history of misdemeanor convictions and probation violations in Tennessee , according to court records.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Call Center Man

Murfreesboro, TN

#22 Nov 27, 2010
Another mom wrote:
<quoted text>
They hire druggies as all sorts of professions, but are fired when found out!
Oh man...you're on to me. I'm a dead beat crack head mom wanting the teachers to babysit my crack babies. Dang you got me....you must be an FBI agent! I don't even know how to get to the school, never been there.
Why should I care who teaches...I just need a babysitter so I can smoke my crack pipe and draw my welfare! I didn't think you knew who I was!!!!
You keep talking about drugs!!! Mr. Jones didnt fell a drug test did he. I hasnt been proven to do anything wrong...If you do not like the school, move your child someway else..
One gay guy

Murfreesboro, TN

#23 Nov 27, 2010
Another mom wrote:
<quoted text>
They hire druggies as all sorts of professions, but are fired when found out!
Oh man...you're on to me. I'm a dead beat crack head mom wanting the teachers to babysit my crack babies. Dang you got me....you must be an FBI agent! I don't even know how to get to the school, never been there.
Why should I care who teaches...I just need a babysitter so I can smoke my crack pipe and draw my welfare! I didn't think you knew who I was!!!!
You keep saying drugs. Did he fell a drug test as a teacher? I say by your actions I say you do receive some benefit from of state assisted program. I say you voted for Kent Williams also.
Another mom

UK

#24 Nov 28, 2010
One gay guy wrote:
<quoted text>You keep saying drugs. Did he fell a drug test as a teacher? I say by your actions I say you do receive some benefit from of state assisted program. I say you voted for Kent Williams also.
Yes I do get food stamps, welfare, wic, live in public housing and a lot of other stuff and I don't have to work I live off the government...and no I didin't vote for anybody too much time away from my crack spoon to make the effort.

Nobody said he FAILED not FELL a drug test....just some information that everyone happens to know about previous history!!!

PS...look up fell and fail, there is a difference!!!:)

Sincerely....crack pipe momma!!!!!
Warrior Pride

Murfreesboro, TN

#25 Nov 29, 2010
Another mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do get food stamps, welfare, wic, live in public housing and a lot of other stuff and I don't have to work I live off the government...and no I didin't vote for anybody too much time away from my crack spoon to make the effort.
Nobody said he FAILED not FELL a drug test....just some information that everyone happens to know about previous history!!!
PS...look up fell and fail, there is a difference!!!:)
Sincerely....crack pipe momma!!!!!
Wow you found a typo!!!!!Still on the soap box talking a lot of crap about someone because you have nothing better in your life. Sounds like from some earlier posts has your beloved daughter getting a mouth full/handful of the football team. I think you should devote some of your free time to show your her what a lady really is since you are the one judging. You do sound like those Kent Williams supporters. I am sorry you have never been anything in life to speak of but to judge someone on their past is frankly beneath me. What I am saying, you are beneath me. You are puritanic. Get back into your little shell, watch mtv raps, and learn some new drug before you post again.
Questions

Cookeville, TN

#26 Dec 1, 2010
anothermom: Numerous times people questioned this guy's hiring because of his prior record and the way he acted around kids.

Where is that coming from? No official questioning of his hiring ever came before this. Only if by people you're talking about random groupings of parents. Background checks weren't even required till the '07 school year. His violations were prior to that. Personally I think his past record has nothing to do with his current allegations.
Questions

Cookeville, TN

#27 Dec 1, 2010
cc mamaw wrote:
Yes I agree that people can change. But on the other hand people who stalk children and have had a number of complaints against them will not change. They will always be sex offenders. My thought is that he should be listed as such on the sex offender list.
I have done a lot of things in my past that I amm not pleased with,but nothing so bad as stalking little girls. That is such a sick person.
I think also that like anothermom said why doesn't the school board check deep enough in teachers backgrounds. Such a waste.
He wasn't charged with stalking. He wasn't formally charged with anything.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#28 Dec 1, 2010
Looks like he did the honorable thing and resigned.
Highway2Hell

Asheville, NC

#29 Dec 1, 2010
Questions wrote:
anothermom: Numerous times people questioned this guy's hiring because of his prior record and the way he acted around kids.
Where is that coming from? No official questioning of his hiring ever came before this. Only if by people you're talking about random groupings of parents. Background checks weren't even required till the '07 school year. His violations were prior to that. Personally I think his past record has nothing to do with his current allegations.
I think his past record HAS everything to do with the situation he is in now. Just goes to show you how things work in CC,anybody else with that on their record wouldn't have been considered for the job in the first place.
Another mom

UK

#30 Dec 2, 2010
Warrior Pride wrote:
<quoted text>Wow you found a typo!!!!!Still on the soap box talking a lot of crap about someone because you have nothing better in your life. Sounds like from some earlier posts has your beloved daughter getting a mouth full/handful of the football team. I think you should devote some of your free time to show your her what a lady really is since you are the one judging. You do sound like those Kent Williams supporters. I am sorry you have never been anything in life to speak of but to judge someone on their past is frankly beneath me. What I am saying, you are beneath me. You are puritanic. Get back into your little shell, watch mtv raps, and learn some new drug before you post again.
Nope nothing at all better to do than smoke crack. On a high note I did get my welfare check today...thanks for working and paying taxes!!! Heading to Wal Mart later to spend it and use my WIC and EBT card to load me a buggy of groceries! You must know my daughter pretty well.....she started drawing a check this year too....man we got it good!!! Thanks again for working!!!
Another mom

UK

#31 Dec 2, 2010
Questions wrote:
You're correct, no official questioning was done because he didn't divuldge the information on his application, so they had no reason to question him. And you are correct no background investigation was done. The brow raising was from people who knew him personally and knew his history.

His past offenses are not similar to his current "allegations" but they do respresent his character.
Another mom

UK

#32 Dec 2, 2010
Independent wrote:
Looks like he did the honorable thing and resigned.
I'm certain he had no choice!
cartercogirl

Kingsport, TN

#33 Dec 9, 2010
Highway2Hell wrote:
<quoted text> I think his past record HAS everything to do with the situation he is in now. Just goes to show you how things work in CC,anybody else with that on their record wouldn't have been considered for the job in the first place.
Remember, this is Carter County. Think of Hampton and the McClain situation, that Weddle woman at Valley Forge, Cloudland...the list goes on. Nothing will be done to remedy the situation permanently.
crc

Kansas City, KS

#34 Jan 24, 2011
The problem in carter county isn't that they don't know their hiring people with priors. They do background checks just like every other system. They just don't care. Carter County also hiried the teacher that was fired from University High fo rgetting a bunch of girls drunk on a school trip. They knew about it. It was in all the newspapers. They just don't care.
Another Mom

UK

#35 Jan 24, 2011
Yes a lot is wrong and you try to voice an opinion on here and you're judged to be a welfare rat on drugs who's kid is a tramp.....so I don't bother.

I honestly have never received a welfare dime or a penny from anything I didn't earn, have a respectable job and really don't have kids in the situation!

I care, but it doesn't matter to me as much as it should to people with children (especially young girls), but some of these backwards people are always trying to justify bad behavior. People need to own their behavior....PERIOD!!!!
neverbetter

Lebanon, TN

#36 Jan 25, 2011
Another Mom wrote:
Yes a lot is wrong and you try to voice an opinion on here and you're judged to be a welfare rat on drugs who's kid is a tramp.....so I don't bother.
I honestly have never received a welfare dime or a penny from anything I didn't earn, have a respectable job and really don't have kids in the situation!
I care, but it doesn't matter to me as much as it should to people with children (especially young girls), but some of these backwards people are always trying to justify bad behavior. People need to own their behavior....PERIOD!!!!
Ihave never heard it said better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milligan College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee Heritage: More early history of the C... (Jun '12) Feb '17 Clifton States 2
News The Johnson County education system has changed... (Jun '13) Apr '15 Hill Billy Boy 8
News Professor's journey traces Daniel Boone's steps (Jun '13) Oct '13 Barbourvilla 3
Cell phone coverage (Aug '13) Aug '13 Valgalrdh 1
News Williams known as sympathetic, sensible (Nov '12) Nov '12 okd 1
News TTC will graduate 285 students Thursday in cere... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Congrats 1
News Chamber hosts annual dinner; Mike Barnett named... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kate 1
More from around the web