Suspended teacher has criminal histor...

Suspended teacher has criminal history, disciplinary record

There are 35 comments on the Http story from Nov 11, 2010, titled Suspended teacher has criminal history, disciplinary record. In it, Http reports that:

The Happy Valley High School teacher who was suspended without pay this week following a police investigation of a stalking complaint has a history of misdemeanor convictions and probation violations in Tennessee , according to court records.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HVH

Nashville, TN

#1 Nov 13, 2010
Looks like anyone with a criminal history can become a teacher in Carter County.
cc mamaw

Johnson City, TN

#2 Nov 13, 2010
One thing to say. is Carter Co. desperate for teachers? Must be. Just take a look around. I for one am glad my kids are out of school. My grand-son goes to City school.
anothermom

UK

#3 Nov 13, 2010
There are good teachers all over looking for jobs, but if you're not a member of the "good ole boy/alumni" or related to somebody your application gets tossed to the side.

Numerous times people questioned this guy's hiring because of his prior record and the way he acted around kids. People need to do their job and be diligent in handling behavior such as his before it gets out of hand. Or maybe not hire somebody with a record????

We need to put out the small fires instead of waiting for the whole forest to catch. One of these days a sicko such as him is gonna go as far as rape and it won't be til then that somebody wakes up. This could've been any of our daughter...thank god he got in trouble before something bad happened. Get him out and keep people such as him out.

Why did it have to become a state law to do a background check? Should we not have cared enough for our kids to do it anyway? When I looked for a sitter for my kids...I checked them out, it wasn't a law...but I CARE!!!! COME ON!!!
Change

Johnson City, TN

#4 Nov 14, 2010
I agree with most of the above statement, but I do want to point out that people can be changed. I know I would hate to miss out on opportunities now, because of wrongs I committed in the past,("Or maybe not hire somebody with a record????").
cc mamaw

Johnson City, TN

#5 Nov 14, 2010
Yes I agree that people can change. But on the other hand people who stalk children and have had a number of complaints against them will not change. They will always be sex offenders. My thought is that he should be listed as such on the sex offender list.
I have done a lot of things in my past that I amm not pleased with,but nothing so bad as stalking little girls. That is such a sick person.
I think also that like anothermom said why doesn't the school board check deep enough in teachers backgrounds. Such a waste.
sittin bull

Chatsworth, GA

#6 Nov 14, 2010
It is unfortunate so many ‘creepy people’ slip thru the system. All counties in TN. need a system where the Police or Sheriffs Dept interview ALL candidates for any position that deals with children. IF they cannot pass the background, law enforcement, & school board scrutiny, do not hire them. People we need to deal with this now, before some other creepy person infiltrates the system.
This whole incident should not have happened.
anothermom

UK

#7 Nov 14, 2010
Yes people can change, but don't give them positions working with our children so soon after these offenses. Let them prove themselves to be worthy....not sure how soon or if ever they should be allowed to work with children/in the school.

I value my children too much....would you hire a babsitter for your children after offenses similar to these? I don't think so...now if it were offenses they committed years before or as kids...maybe but I wouldn't...but he did all this as an adult and not that long ago.

He also been doing inappropriate things from the start and it has just now come to a boiling point. His 1st mistake should've shown the schoolboard/principal he indeed had not changed.

We all have pasts that we probably don't want drug up....but if he was truly sorry and doing better he would've definitely kept a much lower profile than he has...guess it has caught up with old 40 yr old "smooth". He thought he was too "smooth" as he put it to get into trouble!
anothermom

UK

#8 Nov 14, 2010
People do change, and I agree 2nd chances are vital...but not working in the schools with our children.

Would you want to give a person such as him a 2nd chance say letting them babysit your children? NO

He also proved he didn't change shortly after getting hired when he was reprimanded....let them have 2nd chances working somewhere else!!!

Do background checks if something comes up do not let them work in the schools...and his offenses were not that long ago.

Would you hire an ex druggie as a nurse a year later???
For the peole

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Nov 16, 2010
He did alot before he was a teacher. How about the teachers that get dui's after they become a teacher. The old chemsity teacher had a baby with one of her students back in 92. There are doctors who get a dui and keep their job. How can you judge a teacher that committed no crime but wrote a letter to someone? Lets look at our sheriff that had a baby to a convicted felon and made another to get rid of it. Mathes' dad was caught a homosexual ring in JC in 1990 at the Buffalo Valley Golf Course.
anothermom

UK

#11 Nov 16, 2010
For the peole wrote:
He did alot before he was a teacher. How about the teachers that get dui's after they become a teacher. The old chemsity teacher had a baby with one of her students back in 92. There are doctors who get a dui and keep their job. How can you judge a teacher that committed no crime but wrote a letter to someone? Lets look at our sheriff that had a baby to a convicted felon and made another to get rid of it. Mathes' dad was caught a homosexual ring in JC in 1990 at the Buffalo Valley Golf Course.
Growing up I was always told 2 wrongs don't make a right...so I'm pretty sure 3 or 4 don't either. There are a lot of things wrong in our community and all over, Jones needs to be dealt with and not let off just because somebody else did something....I agree they have all done wrong and need to be dealt with. IF a single letter writing was the ONLY thing he did fine...but it wasn't (lied on application, reprimanded, etc) and I will not argue about he did this and that and he said she said. I have a daughter who has witnessed his inappropriate behavior...No one will come forward because of the response they get from peers. We need to start dealing with even the small stuff before it gets out of hand....I know he's not the only one, but let's get rolling!!!
Call Center Man

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Nov 19, 2010
anothermom wrote:
<quoted text>
Growing up I was always told 2 wrongs don't make a right...so I'm pretty sure 3 or 4 don't either. There are a lot of things wrong in our community and all over, Jones needs to be dealt with and not let off just because somebody else did something....I agree they have all done wrong and need to be dealt with. IF a single letter writing was the ONLY thing he did fine...but it wasn't (lied on application, reprimanded, etc) and I will not argue about he did this and that and he said she said. I have a daughter who has witnessed his inappropriate behavior...No one will come forward because of the response they get from peers. We need to start dealing with even the small stuff before it gets out of hand....I know he's not the only one, but let's get rolling!!!
What I am saying you can not single one person out if they are more doing the same thing. As for the girls per sa, I still havent seen any proof but rumors. I would like to see the evidence that he was did something wrong besides lie on an app. I think everyone has lied on an app. So watch where you throw the rocks.
anothermom

UK

#13 Nov 19, 2010
Call Center Man wrote:
<quoted text>What I am saying you can not single one person out if they are more doing the same thing. As for the girls per sa, I still havent seen any proof but rumors. I would like to see the evidence that he was did something wrong besides lie on an app. I think everyone has lied on an app. So watch where you throw the rocks.
OK...good idea, let's not single him or anybody out since they're not the only ones doing wrong. I honestly don't know why we have laws anyway...why didn't we think of this earlier....awesome idea...I think I'll go start me a meth lab and quit my job, everybody else is doing it!!! OK...duhhhh!!!!

Or maybe I could go falsify an application and get a better job....everybody is doing it!

I encouraged my daughter to speak up and she knows what will happen and since she and her friends were not "raped" as it's been said nothing will happen and it will all be in vein....so they have all discussed it and decided to leave it alone. That's sad that they know what will happen....NOTHING!!!

Oh well call center man....time to go answer the phone....just go ahead and tell some lies and get them to do what you want, everybody else does it...it's ok!!!!!

Good day!!!
HV QB

Murfreesboro, TN

#14 Nov 20, 2010
anothermom wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...good idea, let's not single him or anybody out since they're not the only ones doing wrong. I honestly don't know why we have laws anyway...why didn't we think of this earlier....awesome idea...I think I'll go start me a meth lab and quit my job, everybody else is doing it!!! OK...duhhhh!!!!
Or maybe I could go falsify an application and get a better job....everybody is doing it!
I encouraged my daughter to speak up and she knows what will happen and since she and her friends were not "raped" as it's been said nothing will happen and it will all be in vein....so they have all discussed it and decided to leave it alone. That's sad that they know what will happen....NOTHING!!!
Oh well call center man....time to go answer the phone....just go ahead and tell some lies and get them to do what you want, everybody else does it...it's ok!!!!!
Good day!!!
The man hasnt did anything wrong until he is charged with a crime. I havent heard of him being charged with anything. I guess your daughter is the perfect girl> I say she gets gang banged by the football team. I bet your girl doesnt even gets a degree.
Call Center Man

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 Nov 20, 2010
Well another mom it seems there are some people that know your little girl. Good luck with that!! When you say the rape, you should have something to back it up. What stands out to me when you say you have discussed it with your daughter, why does it have to do with anything? If you don't like choice a different school system! Oh by the way since you tell your daughter to speak her mind, by the other post tell her to start with "NO".
Call Center Man

Murfreesboro, TN

#16 Nov 20, 2010
anothermom wrote:
People do change, and I agree 2nd chances are vital...but not working in the schools with our children.
Would you want to give a person such as him a 2nd chance say letting them babysit your children? NO
He also proved he didn't change shortly after getting hired when he was reprimanded....let them have 2nd chances working somewhere else!!!
Do background checks if something comes up do not let them work in the schools...and his offenses were not that long ago.
Would you hire an ex druggie as a nurse a year later???
By the way yes they hire druggie as nurses...And he doesnt get paid to baby sit> Your problem you want the school system to raise your kids for you.
All Smiles

Saint Petersburg, FL

#17 Nov 24, 2010
Btw the girl that made these allegations left elizabethton high for the same reason.... Get a life she isnt that pretty anyways his wife is beautiful and is the mother to his child... All he ever talks about is how hot his wife is
Ujustknow

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Nov 24, 2010
Bring Mark back and replace the cript keeper!
Another mom

UK

#19 Nov 26, 2010
HV QB wrote:
<quoted text>The man hasnt did anything wrong until he is charged with a crime. I havent heard of him being charged with anything. I guess your daughter is the perfect girl> I say she gets gang banged by the football team. I bet your girl doesnt even gets a degree.
Hasnt did (good English). No none of my children are perfect, but noone is. I see your IQ coming thru loud and clear with your stupid remark about the gang banging, PLEASE!!!

Maybe if she "doesnt even gets a degree" as you say she can work with you at McDonalds.

I have always been told to never argue with an idiot they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...so I'm done! Guess I'll go watch my daughter get "gang banged"....what an idiot to write this crap!!!!!!!

PS....I would want someone of your caliber defending my honor, I'm sure you make Jones proud!!!
Another mom

UK

#20 Nov 26, 2010
Call Center Man wrote:
Well another mom it seems there are some people that know your little girl. Good luck with that!! When you say the rape, you should have something to back it up. What stands out to me when you say you have discussed it with your daughter, why does it have to do with anything? If you don't like choice a different school system! Oh by the way since you tell your daughter to speak her mind, by the other post tell her to start with "NO".
Why would I care if people know my "little girl", she is grown and long gone from school! My children have graduated and moved on, and doing very well....so yes we have discussed this, as has half of Carter County, that just highlights that his behavior was no secret and it was a surprise to everyone that he had never been in trouble for it.

You've totally lost me, I never said he raped anybody or is capable of rape I just think situations need to be headed off for fear of something worse happening. No just this case!

You obviously don't have daughters!

"choice a different school"...where did you learn that English?

I shall not argue with an idiot....
Another mom

UK

#21 Nov 26, 2010
Call Center Man wrote:
<quoted text>By the way yes they hire druggie as nurses...And he doesnt get paid to baby sit> Your problem you want the school system to raise your kids for you.
They hire druggies as all sorts of professions, but are fired when found out!

Oh man...you're on to me. I'm a dead beat crack head mom wanting the teachers to babysit my crack babies. Dang you got me....you must be an FBI agent! I don't even know how to get to the school, never been there.

Why should I care who teaches...I just need a babysitter so I can smoke my crack pipe and draw my welfare! I didn't think you knew who I was!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milligan College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Johnson County education system has changed... (Jun '13) Apr '15 Hill Billy Boy 8
News Professor's journey traces Daniel Boone's steps (Jun '13) Oct '13 Barbourvilla 3
Cell phone coverage (Aug '13) Aug '13 Valgalrdh 1
News Williams known as sympathetic, sensible (Nov '12) Nov '12 okd 1
News TTC will graduate 285 students Thursday in cere... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Congrats 1
News Chamber hosts annual dinner; Mike Barnett named... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kate 1
News Tennessee Heritage: More early history of the C... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Wm Charles Hughes 1
More from around the web