Proximity Of Fast Food Restaurants Has Impact On Body Mass Index Of Low Income African-Americans

There are 2 comments on the MediLexicon story from May 20, 2013, titled Proximity Of Fast Food Restaurants Has Impact On Body Mass Index Of Low Income African-Americans. In it, MediLexicon reports that:

African-American adults living closer to a fast food restaurant had a higher body mass index than those who lived further away from fast food, according to researchers at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and this association was particularly strong among those with a lower income.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MediLexicon.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 May 22, 2013
Eat healthy at home.

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

#2 May 23, 2013
Attention my black brother sand sisters! This is our fault for spending money at the businesses that drag our folks down, just like the corner liquor store, the pimp, the dealer, those ripoff corner grocers that sell us outdated goods etc.

Now as for the major chains that serve the rest of the human community, they avoid us, why, because we steal so bad. I have for the last 30 years worked in the retail industry.. Only we can change this and stop going to Micky Ds,Church's,'s, KY fry and Booger King.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dr. James P. Allison, presidential candidate Dr... Mar '15 paul porter 3
News U.S. FDA advisers back Pfizer arthritis drug (Aug '12) Jun '14 Washington 12
News African American Women With Breast Cancer Less ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 This is sad 1
News Five Things About Cancer We Didn't Know A Decad... (Jan '10) Mar '14 teginder81 6
News Ellis Fischel announces affiliation with MD And... (Mar '14) Mar '14 guest 1
News Questions remain about Beau Biden's health (Feb '14) Feb '14 bjc64 1
News Pat Howard: Kanzius project's evolution raises ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Name 5
More from around the web