National Rosacea Society awards new g...

National Rosacea Society awards new grants for rosacea research

There are 6 comments on the Dermatology Times story from Jun 18, 2009, titled National Rosacea Society awards new grants for rosacea research. In it, Dermatology Times reports that:

Barrington, Ill. &#8212 The National Rosacea Society announced that four new studies have been awarded funding as part of its research grants program to advance scientific knowledge of the potential causes and other key aspects of this chronic and potentially life-disruptive disorder now estimated to affect well over 14 million Americans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dermatology Times.

mary m

Scottsdale, AZ

#1 Jul 24, 2009
Normally I don't take the time to write reviews of anything, but the Made from Earth Green Tea Toxin Cleanser has changed my mind.

I am a 52-year-old woman and have had rosacea my entire adult life. It started out as acne when I was a teenager, then progressed to the rosacea stage later on, with much less acne. I have tried oral antibiotics, gels, lotions, and all of these were dermatologist prescribed. I even tried Murad products. Some treatments improved my complexion a little, some made my rosacea flare up even worse.

When I read some reviews about the Made from Earth products on the internet, I decided to try the Made from Earth "Green Tea Toxin Cleanser". Well...what a surprise.

After just a few weeks (while also using themade from earth rosehip serum) the redness was diminished, and after almost a month now, my rosacea symptoms are all but history. I just can't believe it.

I don't know what's in that stuff, but it works for me. I am completely satisfied with it. There is no odor, no greasiness as with some ointments. In fact, after applying it seems to tighten and smooth everything a little, and I have found that I receive all the benefits even using it once daily, in the morning.

I suppose if I used it twice daily I would probably have even better results. I guess I just wanted to make the tube last longer.

I wish they would make it in a larger size, then I may be more apt to use it more often, even though I don't really need to. My verdict is: if you have any symptoms of rosacea, give this a try and see if it doesn't improve your complexion quickly.
mary m

Scottsdale, AZ

#3 Aug 19, 2009
I am 30 years old and have acne as well as rosacea. I have tried everything over the counter for both problems, and most recently the very expensive laser surgery. That laser surgery (Isolaz) did NOT work. Save your money. It cost me $700 for three treatments and my acne and rosacea were both worse.

I tried the Made from Earth Rosehip Face Serum and have been using it for 2 1/2 months. My acne has improved greatly. My rosacea is lighter and there are less "bumps" in my rosacea. My skin is not perfect by any means, but it is definitely 70% better than what is has been for the previous 10 years.

Also, it is a great moisturizer. This is good, because I used to use Clinique's Moisture Surge which is like $40 itself. So, it sort of kills two birds with one stone. I like it! Recommended for people tired of trying all the rosacea treatments with no success. Plus, you wont need an additional moisturizer.
casual observer

San Leandro, CA

#4 Aug 19, 2009
Wow mary m, that's amazing...you're age 52 and age 30 simultaneously!

The Rosadyn folks could take a few lessons from you on writing
fake testimonials.

Watch out for that pesky Attorney General, though...he's now issuing big fines for big fibbers.

“We want the truth”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Aug 20, 2009
This Made from Earth stuff is amazing stuff – not only does it help rosacea and acne but it can take years off you :)

Well spotted “The Real” Casual Observer. I see Nase the man of many guises was using your name last week, amongst many others. Talking of Nase, Rosadyn and fibbers it all seems to have gone quiet? Maybe they have banned him and his 365 aliases?

I see Joe from Washington was trying his luck with Rosadyn on the KP site. Telling everybody on there to enjoy my Topix posts – that’s good of him LOL
casual observer

San Leandro, CA

#6 Aug 20, 2009
Good old Joe...I'm sure everyone will enjoy your posts immensely! ; )
off

Charlotte, NC

#8 Aug 24, 2009
i've seen mary m aka "paula" repeat this same info on many sites. does she work for the company, bc if she does, she needs to be reported.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dr. James P. Allison, presidential candidate Dr... Mar '15 paul porter 3
News U.S. FDA advisers back Pfizer arthritis drug (Aug '12) Jun '14 Washington 12
News African American Women With Breast Cancer Less ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 This is sad 1
News Five Things About Cancer We Didn't Know A Decad... (Jan '10) Mar '14 teginder81 6
News Ellis Fischel announces affiliation with MD And... (Mar '14) Mar '14 guest 1
News Questions remain about Beau Biden's health (Feb '14) Feb '14 bjc64 1
News Pat Howard: Kanzius project's evolution raises ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Name 5
More from around the web