Mice With Two Fathers

Dec 9, 2010 Full story: www.sciencedaily.com 13

Richard R. Behringer at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, have produced male and female mice from two fathers.The study was posted online Dec. 8 in the journal Biology of Reproduction. The achievement of two-father offspring in a species of mammal could be a step toward preserving endangered species, improving livestock breeds, and advancing human assisted reproductive technology (ART). It also opens the provocative possibility of same-sex couples having their own genetic children, the researchers note

Full Story

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#1 Dec 9, 2010
Yay for science....

"It also opens the provocative possibility of same-sex couples having their own genetic children, the researchers note."

Maggie Gallagher and the entire anti-gay marriage crowd won't like this one bit.
Ron
#2 Dec 9, 2010
Now queers are going to be able to have turd babies out of their bung-holes. Great.

“How'd you like 2 be treated?”

Since: Sep 07

Long Beach, CA

#3 Dec 9, 2010
Ron wrote:
Now queers are going to be able to have turd babies out of their bung-holes. Great.
The whole article would be nice for one to read before they post their level of ignorance.

a Quote from the article
"although a surrogate mother would still be needed to carry the two-father pregnancy to term."
Arlene Sizemore Biswell

United States

#4 Dec 9, 2010
Same sex having their own children!!!! HOW SICK CAN ONE GET!!!!!

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#5 Dec 9, 2010
Ron wrote:
SON! I thought I'd lost you after that last flush!

Seriously though, I'd say this goes a long way toward demonstrating that NATURE is firmly in charge of this universe, and not any gods. Humans can tinker with the deeper structures of biology and matter, and discovery that we can manipulate these things into new possibilities, and we do it all without the opposition of any gods. Gods who designed such systems, and intended for no one to meddle with them, would have put up better firewalls and security protections.

"Yay for science" indeed.

But I STILL don't want any kids.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Dec 9, 2010
Arlene Sizemore Biswell wrote:
Meet Thomas Beatie who just gave birth to his third baby
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/08...

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#7 Dec 9, 2010
Unfortunately for us, the technology is not only many years away, but would likely be off-limits to people because of an international ban on all but therapeutic human cloning for stem cells.

Though your reaction does is not surprising, I do find it pretty amusing. Opponents of LGBT civil equality have argued for years that gay people can't marry because they can't have children together. Well guess what? In theory, that ain't true anymore! Ha!

Rest assured, it does not matter because procreation is neither the sole reason why folks get married, nor the deciding factor as to whether they should be allowed to, and failing recognition of that, you can sleep well tonight knowing there aren't going to be any gay people having biological children together... at least not anytime soon.
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#8 Dec 9, 2010
I wish you straight people would go away and take your family abuse and sob stories with you.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 9, 2010
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Read tabloids a lot?:(

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 9, 2010
Ron wrote:
wow that would be nice now I need someone to breed me and see if I can have a baby I guess they would have to take it out of me by C section

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#11 Dec 9, 2010
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
wow I wished I was him I would love to get knocked up

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12 Dec 10, 2010
THAT BLOG IS PURE T A B L O I D !!!
Gaybriel

United States

#13 Dec 11, 2010
Well that gives me further happiness to have a child with the guy I love. Then I guess there could be a show,like the one on Tv now "Two and a half men" starring Charlie Sheen,that would be one of those reality shows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. FDA advisers back Pfizer arthritis drug (Aug '12) Jun '14 Washington 12
African American Women With Breast Cancer Less ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 This is sad 1
Five Things About Cancer We Didn't Know A Decad... (Jan '10) Mar '14 teginder81 6
Ellis Fischel announces affiliation with MD And... (Mar '14) Mar '14 guest 1
Questions remain about Beau Biden's health (Feb '14) Feb '14 bjc64 1
Pat Howard: Kanzius project's evolution raises ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Name 6
Excercise helps women tolerate side effects of ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Anonymous 1
More from around the web