Woman's autism took years to diagnose

Oct 11, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Carroll County Online

Despite having a master's degree in education, Deborah Lipsky spent years unable to hold down a job.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Judged:

This story is interesting and wonder what this does to the autis rates. It's amazing people are still being diagnosed once they're adults.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Judged:

Let me make myself a little more clear in relation to those autism rates I mentioned.

The amazing part was being sarcastic.

The autism rates mainly include only school aged children, not adults so the rates would even be higher if they ever included adults- meaning the autism rates are flawed as yet another adult was diagnosed but missed as a child.

Autism was added to IDEA in about 1990-1992 and thats about when the rates started jumping, when school started counting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

Judged:

The sarcasm wasn't directed at you, but appropriately to the system that counts the autism rates that is so very flawed. This article provides a good example of how flawed it is.
That was the point I was making.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Judged:

I was being direct and to the point, don't make a bigger deal of it than it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Judged:

You know, it has nothing to do with what I cant stand or you agreeing. It has to do with your own guess of "feely emotional" and "Sarcastic?
It's the same old same old." (was no respect) added to your agreeing which makes it hard to have a conversation at all without you picking it apart.

Like I said, don't make a bigger deal than what it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Judged:

Here we go again. No topic can be without it, can it? I was hopeful, if anything, since you made a comment after I did (again) Big difference to being sarcastic to a article than to a person and has nothing to do with emotions, let alone you.
Post #1, you asked why it was amazing, I answered you, maybe other's didn't 'get it' as well.
Post #6 is where it went south
Post #11 is where I start ignoring you, again.
cali1

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2008

Im not sure what the problem is but I have the worst luck out in the workforce. Bottom line I cant hold down a job.
I'm 44 years old and just in the last 7-8 years working has been horrible...termination after termination.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent McDaniel College Discussions

Search the McDaniel College Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Snow White at McDaniel (Nov '08) Nov '08 Sara Smith 2
New math expands to 9th grade (Aug '08) Aug '08 Paco 2
•••
•••