2 Massachusetts Maritime grads on hijacked US ship

Apr 8, 2009 Full story: KansasCity.com

The top two commanders of an American-flagged ship hijacked by pirates off Somalia graduated from the Massachusetts Maritime Academy, and one of them recently predicted it was "a matter of time" before he confronted the outlaws of the ocean.Capt. Richard Phillips of Underhill, Vt., graduated from the school, his wife, Andrea, said Wednesday.His ...

Full Story
cadaz

Taunton, MA

#1 Apr 8, 2009
I just found out he is my new neighbor. I wish him well.. I hope the Capt comes home soon and safe.

God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts Maritime Academy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FSU: Students may pay if no hike in funding (Jun '14) Jun '14 Jtn 10
Viewpoint: Massachusetts celebrates 5 years of ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jack Kelly 1
MMA Training Ship Kennedy leaves for New York t... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Julianna Willeford 1
Mass. Maritime cadets will bring help to Ecuador (Nov '11) Nov '11 latino_gringo 1
MMA training ship departs with 599 cadets (Jan '10) Jan '10 Dominick Prendergast 1
Once Expelled for Cheating Harvard to Honor Ted... (Dec '08) Aug '09 The Cowardly Lion 11
Pentagon says crew retook US ship from pirates (Apr '09) Apr '09 Eyes Open 19
More from around the web