Gay weddings coming to Half Moon Bay

There are 1 comment on the Inside Bay Area story from Jul 19, 2008, titled Gay weddings coming to Half Moon Bay. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

The wedding that joined the Rev. Christie Hardwick and her wife, Jane Harper, was a long time in coming - but not nearly as long-awaited as the May court decision that made their wedding legal in California.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Tre

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Aug 10, 2008
My partner and I often talk about marriage. We are committed to each other, and will be spending our lives together.
When we talk about having a ceremony, a number of issues come up - none of which have to do with commitment.
I believe that there is a psychology surrounding our new legal ability to obtain a status that was once just an idea.
I feel that we owe it to ourselves to forge ahead and do what we would do regardless of our gender - besides, legally, it benefits us dramatically, and not be intimidated by heterosexual fallout within our families. But then again, why do we feel so compelled to carry out a tradition that has always shunned gay citizens?
So many questions...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BCC, MCLA to shift Intermodal Center facilities... Apr 23 DCF are Monsters 2
News Pittsfield Residents Plead Case For New School... Mar '15 Praxis33 10
News College-cost strategies for students, parents Mar '15 Praxis33 2
News Investigative journalist Jose Antonio Vargas to... (Nov '14) Nov '14 STOMP AN ILLEGAL ... 1
News MCLA May Be Resource for North Adams Housing... (Aug '14) Sep '14 Some Guy From Adams 5
News FSU: Students may pay if no hike in funding (Jun '14) Jun '14 Jtn 10
News Searching for the 'Virgin Recluse' (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lavender Poet 1
More from around the web