New council president stresses pride ...

New council president stresses pride in city

There are 53 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Jan 2, 2012, titled New council president stresses pride in city. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

Taking pride in all the good things the city has should be the focus of city government over the next two years, according new City Council President Michael Bloom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sher

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2012
Good luck to Mike on running great meetings!
Questions

United States

#2 Jan 3, 2012
If he is so proud why is he building / has built a house in williamstown? Huh? Why?
DPW-proud wife

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Jan 3, 2012
Councillor Bloom you have a hard job in front of you this year and I wish you all the best! I am so glad that you are council president because I know you will put a stop to the circus this city has become at the council meetings. I am also very happy that you did decide to run again this year....and you definately had MY vote! And that is a vote of confidence in the great job you do in serving this city! Thank you Councillor Bloom!
Questions

United States

#4 Jan 3, 2012
Answer the question DPW. If he has so much pride why is he building / has built a house in Williamstown and moved his family there?
sher

United States

#5 Jan 3, 2012
I think Questions should be ignored...just saying
solons is a zero

Shutesbury, MA

#6 Jan 3, 2012
Maybe they should name the landfill the solons brain trust.
sher

United States

#7 Jan 3, 2012
DPW-proud wife wrote:
Councillor Bloom you have a hard job in front of you this year and I wish you all the best! I am so glad that you are council president because I know you will put a stop to the circus this city has become at the council meetings. I am also very happy that you did decide to run again this year....and you definately had MY vote! And that is a vote of confidence in the great job you do in serving this city! Thank you Councillor Bloom!
Agree 100%
DPW-proud wife

Pittsfield, MA

#8 Jan 3, 2012
Questions wrote:
Answer the question DPW. If he has so much pride why is he building / has built a house in Williamstown and moved his family there?
Dear Questions,

I have no idea why you think I would answer you after you "telling" me to answer the question???? You really dont know me so stop trying to tell me what to say!!!!

Maybe you should take your nose out of other peoples personal lives and spend some quality time trying to help out our city in a civil manner!

Remember..........play nice and maybe nice will come back and not bite you in the arse!
Questions

United States

#9 Jan 3, 2012
Sher can't answer the question can you? It is a very legitimate question
Questions

United States

#10 Jan 3, 2012
So DPW has no answer. I thought as much. Bloom is a hypocrite at best
sher

United States

#11 Jan 3, 2012
Questions wrote:
Sher can't answer the question can you? It is a very legitimate question
.....can answer the question but choose not to.
Questions

United States

#12 Jan 3, 2012
I see because your answer would prove my point. Thanks
DPW-proud wife

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Jan 3, 2012
sher wrote:
<quoted text>.....can answer the question but choose not to.
You are very smart! Please stay this way! LOL

I no longer am playing "games" with questions..........I will follow your lead.
Questions

United States

#14 Jan 3, 2012
Because you cannot refute the logical questioning. I don't blame you for giving up
sher

United States

#15 Jan 3, 2012
DPW-proud wife wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very smart! Please stay this way! LOL
I no longer am playing "games" with questions..........I will follow your lead.
Let me just stress this...I don't care if Mike Bloom makes his home on the moon, as long as he does a good job for the citizens of North Adams who elected him.
Questions

United States

#16 Jan 3, 2012
But he can't be on the council I'd he soesnt live here! Back to civics 101 with you
Solons

North Adams, MA

#17 Jan 3, 2012
solons is a zero wrote:
Maybe they should name the landfill the solons brain trust.
Gee thanks. I've always wanted to name after something.
Solons

North Adams, MA

#18 Jan 3, 2012
Questions wrote:
If he is so proud why is he building / has built a house in williamstown? Huh? Why?
Could it be the schools? Yes, the North Adams schools are the pinnacle of educational success in the Commonwealth. Barrett did an amazing job with what is arguably the most important part of any City.
Questions

United States

#19 Jan 3, 2012
So you admit he is not a resident. Thank you
Solons

North Adams, MA

#20 Jan 3, 2012
Questions wrote:
So you admit he is not a resident. Thank you
So what. Barrett now works for Pittsfield.

So,those nude paintings still bothering you? Your boy got trounced in the election. Trounced. And, you're no longer on the council, which is clearly killing you. Now, you have to pay for your own health insurance like the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Mike Cirullo To Seek Pittsfield's Ward 1 Co... Apr '17 Cops are Degenerates 2
News Vigil marks 3 years since North Adams Regional ... Mar '17 blueballs 4
News Latino-Vote party looks to rally voices of Mass... Dec '16 Pedro Garcia-Vega 2
News Hundreds protest Trump at MCLA (Nov '16) Nov '16 Johnny Dingoberry 3
News Contract extended for Pittsfield schools Superi... (Sep '15) May '16 cops are degener... 9
News Things to do in the Berkshires, Dec. 3 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 8
News BCC, MCLA to shift Intermodal Center facilities... (Apr '15) Apr '15 DCF are Monsters 2
More from around the web