Perpetual adoration helps faith grow ...

Perpetual adoration helps faith grow in Erie

There are 30 comments on the Erie Times News story from Jun 16, 2012, titled Perpetual adoration helps faith grow in Erie. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

Your own heartbeat seems thunderous in the small, still chapel with the Eucharistic host displayed in the elaborate golden container on the altar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jane Goodall

Pioneer, OH

#1 Jun 18, 2012
you shall not make for yourself any carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above,or that is in the earth beneath........
Roaming Catholic

United States

#2 Jun 18, 2012
Perpetual Adoration is a Eucharistic devotion whereby members of a given parish (or other entity) unite in taking hours of adoration before the Most Blessed Sacrament (in most cases, exposed), both during the day and throughout the night, seven days a week.

What greater way to worship God in the person of Jesus Christ.
Jane Goodall

Pioneer, OH

#3 Jun 18, 2012
Roaming Catholic wrote:
Perpetual Adoration is a Eucharistic devotion whereby members of a given parish (or other entity) unite in taking hours of adoration before the Most Blessed Sacrament (in most cases, exposed), both during the day and throughout the night, seven days a week.
What greater way to worship God in the person of Jesus Christ.
True... but what is the role of the golden container... does it hold the key to the preacher's Cadillac ?
Cindy W

Erie, PA

#4 Jun 18, 2012
Jane Goodall wrote:
you shall not make for yourself any carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above,or that is in the earth beneath........
None of those images are carved. They are cast. The bible refers to worshiping idols which is not what Catholics do. Catholics do not worship the statue. The statue is an image to remind us of the person. By your own definition you will go to hell for carrying a family photo in your wallet, having one on your desk or having a drivers licensee photo. Your post is an example of someone speaking about a subject that they have no knowledge of. Do you call your father dad? The bible says call no man father yet you use the word dad which means father. It says call no man teacher yet when asked who your teacher was in 6th grade you state her name. Do you call your Physician doctor? Doctor is Latin for teacher so you again are breaking the literal interpretation of the bible. You can't literally interpret the bible because everybody will interpret it differently.
Roaming Catholic

United States

#5 Jun 18, 2012
The Golden Container, is called a Monstrance. To see Jesus visibly present under the appearance of the small white host is much more conducive to intimacy than hidden away in the tabernacle. Moreover, it adds an extra responsibility on the adorers to be sure to be faithful to the hours they are scheduled, since the suggested norm for having Jesus exposed in the monstrance is that there should be at least two adorers present, and He must never be left alone. Could not these words of our Lord be applied today: "Indeed, this is the will of My heavenly Father, that everyone who looks upon the Son, and believes in Him, shall have eternal life. Him I will raise up on the last day."

Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is the adoration of Jesus Christ present in the Holy Eucharist. In the many Churches that have this adoration, the Eucharist is displayed in a special holder called a monstrance, and people come to pray and worship Jesus continually throughout the day and often the night. ChristÂ’s great love for us was shown when he was crucified on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and give us eternal life. He loves us without limit, and offers Himself to us in the Holy sacrament of the Eucharist. Can we not give Jesus a few minutes of love and adoration in return?
Sleepy Dwarf

United States

#6 Jun 18, 2012
What if you see Jesus in your toast and you eat it with peanut butter?
Roaming Catholic

United States

#7 Jun 18, 2012
Sleepy Dwarf wrote:
What if you see Jesus in your toast and you eat it with peanut butter?
Nothing other than the biological stuff.
Jane Goodall

Pioneer, OH

#8 Jun 18, 2012
Jesus is my guy... but i don't understand the need to stare at a painted coffe can to meditate and talk with him.
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#9 Jun 18, 2012
Jane Goodall wrote:
<quoted text>True... but what is the role of the golden container... does it hold the key to the preacher's Cadillac ?
...is dHat you's REAL Name,here..??...and it is okay to drive a Cadillac...eh...GOD Bless....
Roaming Catholic

United States

#10 Jun 18, 2012
Due to your irreverent off the cuff remarks, it's clear that from the start that you started this thread to ridicule, or at least draw out the so called non believers to do the degradation for you. If you had any real interest you would have made an effort to look for yourself. Painted coffee can, indeed.

Just another toxic topix poster to ignore..
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#11 Jun 18, 2012
Roaming Catholic wrote:
Due to your irreverent off the cuff remarks, it's clear that from the start that you started this thread to ridicule, or at least draw out the so called non believers to do the degradation for you. If you had any real interest you would have made an effort to look for yourself. Painted coffee can, indeed.
...SOMEVhaat agree,HERE...eh....yada u...(+)..shalom...
skeptic

Stow, OH

#12 Jun 18, 2012
Roaming Catholic wrote:
The Golden Container, is called a Monstrance. To see Jesus visibly present under the appearance of the small white host is much more conducive to intimacy than hidden away in the tabernacle. Moreover, it adds an extra responsibility on the adorers to be sure to be faithful to the hours they are scheduled, since the suggested norm for having Jesus exposed in the monstrance is that there should be at least two adorers present, and He must never be left alone. Could not these words of our Lord be applied today: "Indeed, this is the will of My heavenly Father, that everyone who looks upon the Son, and believes in Him, shall have eternal life. Him I will raise up on the last day."
Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is the adoration of Jesus Christ present in the Holy Eucharist. In the many Churches that have this adoration, the Eucharist is displayed in a special holder called a monstrance, and people come to pray and worship Jesus continually throughout the day and often the night. ChristÂ’s great love for us was shown when he was crucified on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and give us eternal life. He loves us without limit, and offers Himself to us in the Holy sacrament of the Eucharist. Can we not give Jesus a few minutes of love and adoration in return?
Are these part of the rules for dungeons and dragons?
Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

#13 Jun 18, 2012
skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>Are these part of the rules for dungeons and dragons?
Soon you'll be able to tell us all about that.... or at least Jane.
Jane Goodall

Pioneer, OH

#14 Jun 18, 2012
Roaming Catholic wrote:
did and have looked.. intersting to see the different insights. Same God different approaches to communicate. Am not denouncing your approach... just the glamour and the fanfare. Are you from NC ?
Roaming Catholic

United States

#16 Jun 19, 2012
Jane Goodall wrote:
<quoted text>did and have looked.. intersting to see the different insights. Same God different approaches to communicate. Am not denouncing your approach... just the glamour and the fanfare. Are you from NC ?
Just the glamour and fanfare?? Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament has been traced back to the year 157. The earliest of Christians took literally the transformation of the Body and Blood of Christ Jesus. "He gave thanks, blessed the bread and said,'Take this and eat it is my Body.... He took the cup, blessed it and said, this is the cup of my Blood...' Later during the Protestant Reformation, and the split/rift with the Pope, many traditions and beliefs were dropped as Christians splintered into different sects. This is why the Holy Eucharist is only offered in Catholic churches, other denominations offer bread and wine, however it cannot be considered Holy as it is not consecrated. It may be glamour to you, but it happens everyday at every Catholic Mass.

No, I was born and raised in NW PA and chose to live in NC Perhaps not the best decision, but it is done)..
Jane Goodall

Pioneer, OH

#17 Jun 19, 2012
Roaming Catholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the glamour and fanfare?? Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament has been traced back to the year 157. The earliest of Christians took literally the transformation of the Body and Blood of Christ Jesus. "He gave thanks, blessed the bread and said,'Take this and eat it is my Body.... He took the cup, blessed it and said, this is the cup of my Blood...' Later during the Protestant Reformation, and the split/rift with the Pope, many traditions and beliefs were dropped as Christians splintered into different sects. This is why the Holy Eucharist is only offered in Catholic churches, other denominations offer bread and wine, however it cannot be considered Holy as it is not consecrated. It may be glamour to you, but it happens everyday at every Catholic Mass.
No, I was born and raised in NW PA and chose to live in NC Perhaps not the best decision, but it is done)..
that's because the Apostle Paul was a marketing guy... not a religion guy. The NC Baptists and Apostolics don't have any guilded coffee cans on their altars... you must be in eastern NC
Jane Goodall

Pioneer, OH

#18 Jun 19, 2012
or the Pentacostals...
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#19 Jun 19, 2012
You forgot the all-important instruction "Do this in memory of Me."

Maybe it's because you support the use of the Eucharist as a political weapon wielded to elect Republicans.
Roaming Catholic wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#20 Jun 19, 2012
Stu Pedaso wrote:
Maybe it's because you support the use of the Eucharist as a political weapon wielded to elect Republicans.
<quoted text>
I see you are still sucking up the 'kool ade' faster than any left wing extremist I've ever seen. You afraid someone will post something more stupid (stu ped) than you. What a maroon!
Jimbo

Erie, PA

#21 Jun 19, 2012
Here's a question for all you born agains who "found " Jesus. Ask yourself why he was hiding from you. Most likely, because like everyone else. he finds you annoying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marymount University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New program to tackle race and religion Oct '16 naman 3
News Why Taking A Yoga Teacher Training May Be One O... (Dec '15) Oct '16 Eddy Donald 2
News Scholars explore links to religion, conflict Sep '16 Marie-Luise_J 3
News Prince Jackson is praised by guardian TJ as the... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Spotted Wee 10
News FirstHealth Behavioral adds doctor, nurse pract... (Feb '15) Feb '15 HumanSpirit 4
News Abortion debate stirs at Catholic colleges (Oct '13) Oct '13 confused one 1
News In Los Angeles, A Different Kind of Political Race (Feb '13) Feb '13 Dan Salazar 1
More from around the web