Obama risks embarrassing loss in Congress

Sep 1, 2013 Full story: www.mcclatchydc.com 20

President Barack Obama is taking a risk by asking Congress to approve airstrikes against Syria.

Full Story

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 1, 2013
Obama has proved himself a novice on foreign policy and shown once again his total lack of leadership.
His bumbling and over confidence portrays America as indecisive and weak.

Personally I think we shouldn't involve ourselves in a civil war that poses no threat to national security.
Exactly

Omaha, NE

#3 Sep 1, 2013
Jim R Pickens wrote:
Obama has proved himself a novice on foreign policy and shown once again his total lack of leadership.
His bumbling and over confidence portrays America as indecisive and weak.
Personally I think we shouldn't involve ourselves in a civil war that poses no threat to national security.
Right on!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 5, 2013
Obama took an oath,I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

How many times has to failed to uphold that oath, while he chose certain laws to circumvent? He thinks he is above our laws...period. The change he talked about during his campaigns is change that will dump this country into the commode.
spud

Dallas, PA

#5 Sep 5, 2013
He says we can't afford inaction because that would undermine the credibility of our laws, positions etc. He says we must enforce our laws even though in every other aspect of his presidency, especially immigration, he picks and chooses which laws he feels deserve to be enforced. Can you spell hypocrite?

Location hidden

#6 Sep 5, 2013
spud wrote:
He says we can't afford inaction because that would undermine the credibility of our laws, positions etc. He says we must enforce our laws even though in every other aspect of his presidency, especially immigration, he picks and chooses which laws he feels deserve to be enforced. Can you spell hypocrite?
Lord, it gets so frustrating to see this guy in action or inaction. This country is going up in flames, and he wants to divert our minds from the mulititude of messes he and his his puppetmasters wrought upon this country.
spud

Dallas, PA

#7 Sep 5, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Lord, it gets so frustrating to see this guy in action or inaction. This country is going up in flames, and he wants to divert our minds from the mulititude of messes he and his his puppetmasters wrought upon this country.
You're right. Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to get our government back when all the big money along with the media is controlling it for their own benefit.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#8 Sep 5, 2013
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/08/wh...

So who drew the red line and when??
spud

Dallas, PA

#9 Sep 5, 2013
He definitely wants no part of drawing a line in the sand on the Arizona border. Our president is wrong a lot.
Stanley

Smiths Station, AL

#10 Sep 5, 2013
Obama's pride will got us in this mess

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Sep 6, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Obama took an oath,I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
How many times has to failed to uphold that oath, while he chose certain laws to circumvent? He thinks he is above our laws...period. The change he talked about during his campaigns is change that will dump this country into the commode.
As did every single member of CONgress. It seems they too have forgotten their oaths and their responsibility to work for their constituents.
Smiths Station Panthers

Griffin, GA

#12 Sep 6, 2013
Publius51 wrote:
<quoted text>
As did every single member of CONgress. It seems they too have forgotten their oaths and their responsibility to work for their constituents.
Every single member? Really? I don't think so.
My representative has voted exactly how I would have on the issues that concern me.
And they are voting NO on Obama's war, can't ask for more than that.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Sep 6, 2013
Smiths Station Panthers wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single member? Really? I don't think so.
My representative has voted exactly how I would have on the issues that concern me.
And they are voting NO on Obama's war, can't ask for more than that.
The context of my post was that every CONgress member took an oath of office. If they didn't they shouldn't be in their positions.
Alfred

Griffin, GA

#14 Sep 6, 2013
Looks like they aren't even going to waste the time voting on this. Obama is the worst thing to ever happen to the USA
Charlie

Carrollton, GA

#15 Sep 8, 2013
Obama wants to attack Syria cause Assad is white or at least looks white.
Obama is a white hating racist.
spud

Dallas, PA

#16 Sep 8, 2013
A guy as stupid as Obama has no right to be as self confident as he appears.
Sweeney

Smiths Station, AL

#17 Sep 9, 2013
No one wants this, get a clue Obama.
spud

Dallas, PA

#18 Sep 9, 2013
Obama was better off as a conniving community organizer. He's the type of person who feels at home making his own laws, regardless of the constitution. He is one and the same as ACORN. He's no national leader but he's one hell of a con man. And I'd still bet he wasn't born in this country.
Druid Hills Commando

Douglasville, GA

#20 Sep 10, 2013
Obama's crowning achievement: ObamaCare, is turning out to be a fiasco because the most important thing was to get something passed as quick as possible so we ended up with a disaster in the making.
Now our foreign policy is in disarray and some are saying Americas influence in the world had diminished more under this president than any other.
Obama should have never been president, he wasn't qualified and did not have experience at anything.

Location hidden

#21 Sep 10, 2013
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
Obama's crowning achievement: ObamaCare, is turning out to be a fiasco because the most important thing was to get something passed as quick as possible so we ended up with a disaster in the making.
Now our foreign policy is in disarray and some are saying Americas influence in the world had diminished more under this president than any other.
Obama should have never been president, he wasn't qualified and did not have experience at anything.
It would appear that he has no skill at organizing either.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22 Sep 10, 2013
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
Concur, K

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marist College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What if the 2014 election isna t really about O... Aug '14 fatbacks x 7
Marist Poll: Cuomo Apparently Hurt By Moreland ... Aug '14 Sunny Sheu 2
Obama risks embarrassing loss in Congress (Aug '13) Sep '13 Memo From Turner 11
Marist crew team recovers mysterious giant head... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Halito 4
NY college crew team finds giant floating 'head' (Apr '13) Apr '13 Uh Clem 5
Mixed view of Weiner's possible NY mayor bid (Apr '13) Apr '13 Rite 8
Mixed view of Weiner's possible NY mayor bid (Apr '13) Apr '13 FamilyGuyPredicst... 2

Marist College People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE