Tale of hope for Cambodian girl a mat...

Tale of hope for Cambodian girl a math scholarship to Manhattan College

There are 3 comments on the NY Daily News story from Feb 18, 2011, titled Tale of hope for Cambodian girl a math scholarship to Manhattan College. In it, NY Daily News reports that:

Manhattan College Prof. Helene Tyler, center in photo taken at Phnom Penh airport, rallied to have 18-year-old Kimsy Tor brought over to New York on a full scholarship after teaching her during a math Manhattan College Professor Helene Tyler was teaching an advanced math course in Cambodia last month when a young woman, bright beyond her years, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NY Daily News.

Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#1 Feb 19, 2011
See, the people that built Angkor Wat still have the seed of talents in them. You will never see this in the Thais.
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#2 Feb 19, 2011
I was born into poverty and did not know I was gifted until the Whites discovered me and lifted me out of my predicament.

I am going to bet that Cambodian girl will be loyal to the Whites when she grows up.
King Rama

Mount Rainier, MD

#3 Feb 19, 2011
She is indeed talented for her age. The White professor has a compassionate heart and certainly does not display envy. This is the human quality that all races should take as a role model. This is called Mudita, the altruistic joy of seeing others succeed, unlike the greedy, selfish Thais.
Drgunzet wrote:
See, the people that built Angkor Wat still have the seed of talents in them. You will never see this in the Thais.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At ESU, a Muslim professor lectures on the Holo... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Polaris 1
News Columbus schools may tap OSU provost as fill-in... (May '13) May '13 They cannot kill ... 1
News Heath-Schoff (Dec '11) Dec '11 monitor 2
News All around town, people pay homage to lives lost (Nov '11) Nov '11 THANK A SOLDIER 1
News Occupy Wall Street Has History on Its Side (Oct '11) Oct '11 Concerned US Citi... 1
News Cambodian teen nabs full scholarship (Aug '11) Aug '11 White Tai 3
News Muslim Woman to Lead College Holocaust Center - (Jun '11) Jun '11 Marie-Luise 1
More from around the web