College Presidents Want to Lower Drinking Age to 18

There are 2 comments on the snellvillega.ourtown.com story from Aug 19, 2008, titled College Presidents Want to Lower Drinking Age to 18. In it, snellvillega.ourtown.com reports that:

College presidents from more than 100 schools across the country are calling on lawmakers to do something about binge drinking: Consider lowering the drinking age from 21 to 18.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at snellvillega.ourtown.com.

“This too shall pass”

Since: Dec 06

Small Town, USA

#1 Aug 21, 2008
It's a good idea. I saw less drunkenness in my college in a state where the drinking age was 18 decades ago, than I did in PA where it was 21.
Lee

Matteson, IL

#2 Mar 22, 2009
If a person is old enough to enlist in the armed forces, why shouldn't they be allowed to buy beer or alchohol legally?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At ESU, a Muslim professor lectures on the Holo... Apr 30 Polaris 1
News Columbus schools may tap OSU provost as fill-in... (May '13) May '13 They cannot kill ... 1
News Heath-Schoff (Dec '11) Dec '11 monitor 2
News All around town, people pay homage to lives lost (Nov '11) Nov '11 THANK A SOLDIER 1
News Occupy Wall Street Has History on Its Side (Oct '11) Oct '11 Concerned US Citi... 1
News Cambodian teen nabs full scholarship (Aug '11) Aug '11 White Tai 3
News Muslim Woman to Lead College Holocaust Center - (Jun '11) Jun '11 Marie-Luise 1
More from around the web