Obama on attack in foreign policy debate, but Romney steady

Oct 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Seeking to gain an advantage with polls showing a tied race, President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney clash in a debate over foreign policy.

Comments
1 - 20 of 255 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2012
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 23, 2012
Obama was very mean, scattered, pensive, bitter, small-thinking and was very petty. Obama did not look like a leader I could trust. He acted like a spoiled child with ADHD. Obama didn't appear presidential, nor did he behave like a leader I could trust. He has lies to me too much and made too many mistakes and was apart of too many scandals. It's hard to imagine how any informed, thinking person could ever re-elect him. Mitt Romney was clear thinking, quick on his feet, and appeared IN-COMMAND on every subject thrown at him. Romney ran circles around Obama's lack of knowledge and lack of experience in fixing the economy. The Majority of Americans are never GOING TO BE MOVED BY THE YELLOW JOURNALISM and phony press releases of the government-run media.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
obama STUPID

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 23, 2012
obama = ATTACK POODLE
Romnesia

United States

#3 Oct 23, 2012
When Romney first heard the term Romnesia, he thought it was a country in South Africa.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#4 Oct 23, 2012
Obama was quite the actor. He could have saved us some time and just said; everything, the economy, foreign policy, unemployment, Benghazi was somebody else’s fault. And, this time, I promise to keep my promises - trust me.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5 Oct 23, 2012
Romnesia wrote:
When Romney first heard the term Romnesia, he thought it was a country in South Africa.
That's a bunch of Obamaloney.
itoldyouso

Mount Laurel, NJ

#6 Oct 23, 2012
Romnesia wrote:
At least he knows how many ststes are in the Union. With all the name changing in South Africa it is possible a country could be named romnesia, but there have only been 50 states for approx. 50 years.
Billy Ringo

United States

#7 Oct 23, 2012
The Commander-In-Chief took Etchy to school....

Pretty obvious Etchy the amnateur is not ready for prime time. For a Con who has been campaigning for 10 years, Etchy is vey sketchy !!!!!!!! Etchy was in waaaaaaaaaay over his head. Quite honestly, Etchy doesn't even belong on the same stage as our Commnder-In-Chief

"We also have fewer horses and bayonets".

BIG BIRD

Lindenhurst, NY

#8 Oct 23, 2012
The Prophet Micah wrote:
Obama was very mean, scattered, pensive, bitter, small-thinking and was very petty. Obama did not look like a leader I could trust. He acted like a spoiled child with ADHD. Obama didn't appear presidential, nor did he behave like a leader I could trust. He has lies to me too much and made too many mistakes and was apart of too many scandals. It's hard to imagine how any informed, thinking person could ever re-elect him. Mitt Romney was clear thinking, quick on his feet, and appeared IN-COMMAND on every subject thrown at him. Romney ran circles around Obama's lack of knowledge and lack of experience in fixing the economy. The Majority of Americans are never GOING TO BE MOVED BY THE YELLOW JOURNALISM and phony press releases of the government-run media.
President Obama demonstrated how his leadership has kept the U.S. safe over the past four years, during he hottest and most violent period in the Middle East. Had he not been aggressive in this debate, all you Romneyites would have said he was weak and Romney was strong. Apparently, it's okay with you when Romney attacks like a "pit bull", but when Obama plays the same card both Romney and his supporters can't take the heat. Give me a break! Romney had nothing new to offer. As for being able to navigate foreign politics .. he demonstrated his failure while making trips to Britain and Israel. President Obama is Commander in Chief. All the world knows this and respects him for it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 23, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
Pretty obvious Etchy the amnateur is not ready for prime time. For a Con who has been campaigning for 10 years, Etchy is vey sketchy !!!!!!!! Etchy was in waaaaaaaaaay over his head. Quite honestly, Etchy doesn't even belong on the same stage as our Commnder-In-Chief
Only in your dreams Billy,only in your dreams.Obama hasn't a clue on how to run a hot dog stand and it shows more and more every time he opens his mouth.*** A vote or Obama is a vote against America andthe real American people.***
Billy Ringo

United States

#10 Oct 23, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Only in your dreams Billy,only in your dreams.Obama hasn't a clue on how to run a hot dog stand and it shows more and more every time he opens his mouth.*** A vote or Obama is a vote against America andthe real American people.***
He doesn't need to run a hot dog stand, fella. That's your job.

That all you got?
Dr For Applied Science

Turku, Finland

#11 Oct 23, 2012
Dr For Applied Science blogger reports on reported news;

Schizophrenia in action

&li st=UU0rOWu6DvgDWWw7Ijabbjag &index=5&feature=plcp
Dr For Applied Science

Turku, Finland

#13 Oct 23, 2012

An abomination beast which backup every dictators, from graved Gadavi to the doomed Bashar's genocidal regime.

That abomination is assisted by two cyber criminals based on London.
halley

Fernley, NV

#14 Oct 23, 2012
Romney steady following Obama's lead.
OBAMA 2012

West Covina, CA

#15 Oct 23, 2012
LOL at the headline! That is what they consider STEADY??!!!!! Rmoney looked like he was going to stroke out!
Billy Ringo

United States

#16 Oct 23, 2012
Etchy was sweating like a pig. Looked like Tricky Dicky.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Oct 23, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't need to run a hot dog stand, fella. That's your job.
That all you got?
I rather run a hot dog stand than sit home with my hands out looking for more taxpayer's money like you Billy. Is that all that you "got"? OUCH!!!!
Dr For Applied Science

Turku, Finland

#18 Oct 23, 2012

Have you ever know that your mobile is a spying tool on you ?

What are you waiting for ? Get ride of it and find out the best and safe solution.

Android ported to the venerable and is a spying tool

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/9/3229163/andr...

Is Your Cell Phone Spying on You ?

http://news.discovery.com/tech/your-android-s...

Now spying on you — Android phones

http://gearburn.com/2011/12/now-spying-on-you...
Billy Ringo

United States

#19 Oct 23, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>I rather run a hot dog stand than sit home with my hands out looking for more taxpayer's money like you Billy. Is that all that you "got"? OUCH!!!!
That's what chumps like you are for - otherwise, you have no useful purpose. Glad you agree ..........

Now, instead of making a fool of yourself blogging, get to work.

And remember ..... "We also have fewer horses and boyonets".

...priceless .......

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#20 Oct 23, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
Romney won the presidential debate by looking presidential. Obama had a painful case of Biden's smile
By Tim Stanley US politics Last updated: October 23rd, 2012

Romney won the third presidential debate – and how he did it was encapsulated in a single exchange. The candidates were discussing military spending and Romney had just accused Obama of making harmful cutbacks. The President wheeled out what must have seemed like a great, pre-planned zinger:“I think Governor Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works. You mentioned the navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets because the nature of our military's changed.” The audience laughed, Obama laughed, I laughed. It was funny.
But here’s why it was also a vote loser. For a start, Twitter immediately lit up with examples of how the US Army does still use horses and bayonets (horses were used during the invasion of Afghanistan). More importantly, this was one example of many in which the President insulted, patronized and mocked his opponent rather than put across a constructive argument. His performance was rude and unpresidential. Obama seemed to have a touch of the Bidens, wriggling about in his chair, waving his hands dismissively and always – always – smirking in Romney’s direction. By contrast, Romney sucked up the abuse and retained a rigid poker face all night. He looked like a Commander in Chief; Obama looked like a lawyer. Who would you rather vote for?

Aside from the horses and bayonets moment, this was essentially a debate without incident. Part of the fault was the format. It’s interesting to note that Romney won the first debate while standing up and Obama did better in the second when walking around. But when both men were forced to sit for 90 minutes, the energy was inevitably reduced and neither broke through the fourth wall convincingly. Romney had a slight edge because he didn’t use his hands so much: Obama blew his closing statements by developing ultra-energetic conjurer’s hands (“Look at the hands, not at the cards, look at the hands…”)
Gravediggers

United States

#21 Oct 23, 2012
1. KUDOS to Bob Scheiffer! He was a MODERATOR!

2. Debate goes to Obama

3. Mitt Romney displayed broad knowledge of foreign policy.

4. People will not vote based on a foreign policy, they will vote based on the economy.

5. Everyone agrees that a strong America, a strong economy makes for powerful leadership.

6. Mitt Romney has the qualities of leadership: the ability to work with all, the knowledge of how to turn businesses around, the compassion for people - it's Romney, not Obama, who implemented healthcare for all, who created scholarships for students, who knows how to balance a budget.

There is no other choice than Mitt Romney.

Put America on the path to a stronger America.

VOTE FOR ROMNEY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lynn University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a book from Lynn U library (Mar '13) Mar '13 JohnA 1
What will Michelle Obama do with 4 more years? (Jan '13) Feb '13 Just Sayin 29
Obama, Romney End Sandy Truce (Nov '12) Nov '12 ObamaAndSandyJobC... 1
Opinion: Obama's foreign policy on trial (Oct '12) Oct '12 Terence 2
Obama and Romney prepare for final debate with ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Stop the Madness 4
Navarrette: Why Romney is gaining ground with F... (Oct '12) Oct '12 OregonSUX 3
Boca Raton Man Charged In Road Rage Assault Nea... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Mitch 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Lynn University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••