College professor claims Jesus was a ...

College professor claims Jesus was a Muslim

There are 62 comments on the 105.7 The Bull story from Jul 12, 2012, titled College professor claims Jesus was a Muslim. In it, 105.7 The Bull reports that:

According to Shedinger, Islam is a 'social justice movement,' not a religion, and since Christ supposedly supported 'social justice,' that makes him a Muslim.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 105.7 The Bull.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
molly

Redgranite, WI

#1 Jul 12, 2012
Hope that college professor does not teach "Logic" as his reasoning lacks logic. Check dates of Jesus and Muslim religion???
Trust Allah-God Almighty

Pittsfield, MA

#2 Jul 12, 2012
Lies...
From your link...
According to Shedinger, Islam is a “social justice movement,” not a religion, and since Christ supposedly supported “social justice,” that makes him a Muslim. To quote him,“I came to the conclusion that [Islam] was a social justice movement and I think that’s who Jesus was in the first century so I conclude Jesus is more like a Muslim.”"
Jesus is more like a Muslim."
Jesus is more like a Muslim."
Robert F. Shedinger , Christian teacher selling his book, is an Associate Professor of Religion at Luther College where he teaches courses primarily in Biblical Studies and Islamic Studies. He holds a Ph.D. in Religious Studies from Temple University and an M.Div. from Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of numerous articles, book chapters, and books. His most recent book is Was Jesus a Muslim? Questioning Categories in the Study of Religion (Fortress Press, 2009). He has been a regular speaker in mosques and Islamic Centers around the country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!
See how you people miss real meanings and jump to conclusions.

And I agree "Jesus is more like a Muslim." with what he spoke about and the way he worshiped God, then the way Christians worship God with their hypocritical standards
Amp man

Prior Lake, MN

#3 Jul 12, 2012
lol,islam is a filthy evil deathcult
created by a murdering caravan thief named
muhammad.This was done well AFTER jesus left the Earth.muhammad wanted to justify his crimes
against humanity with the blood lusting cult of islam.
Amp man

Prior Lake, MN

#4 Jul 12, 2012
islam is a 6th Century backward cult for backward brainwahed savages.islam and freedom are incompatable and we will NEVER give up our freedoms!islam will die this Century and it will be good riddance.
Trust Allah-God Almighty

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Jul 12, 2012

noyb5349

Since: Apr 12

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jul 12, 2012
molly wrote:
Hope that college professor does not teach "Logic" as his reasoning lacks logic. Check dates of Jesus and Muslim religion???
In the name of God.(I'm NOT Muslim, if the words, "In the name of God" sound to you like I am Muslim.)

Peace be unto you, molly,

I have studied Islam and according to the life-giving Teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad as taught by his National Representative, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Islam is a religion that is as old as God Himself. It is the nature of God in which He made man (if I understand his teachings correctly) and according to the Holy Qur'an, the Book of Scripture of the Muslims, it was the religion of *all* the Prophets, from Noah to Muhammad (peace be upon them) including Jesus.

"Islam" is an Arabic word that translates to English as "Entire submission to the Will of God." Minister Farrakhan points out that that was the religion given to Adam ("obey God") and obedience to God is the religion taught by all of the Prophets...

Peace.
Yahyaa (my name.)

noyb5349

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jul 13, 2012
Amp man wrote:
lol,islam is a filthy evil deathcult
created by a murdering caravan thief named
muhammad.This was done well AFTER jesus left the Earth.muhammad wanted to justify his crimes
against humanity with the blood lusting cult of islam.
In the name of God.(I am NOT Muslim, if the words, "In the name of God" sound like I am Muslim.)

Mr. Amp man,

I wouldn't suggest blaspheming Islam and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh.) I believe it is God's Will today that people come to Islam...blaspheming may be a cause of the suffering in your life. If you don't like Islam, you don't like it, but why try to make others not like it with lies & slander?
Amp man

Prior Lake, MN

#8 Jul 13, 2012
noyb5349 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the name of God.(I am NOT Muslim, if the words, "In the name of God" sound like I am Muslim.)
Mr. Amp man,
I wouldn't suggest blaspheming Islam and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh.) I believe it is God's Will today that people come to Islam...blaspheming may be a cause of the suffering in your life. If you don't like Islam, you don't like it, but why try to make others not like it with lies & slander?
Because in the name of the deathcult of islam the muzzie savage
animals murdered thousands on 9/11 and many more at FortHood. Just as the evil quran orders them.I trust NO muslim!!They are here with
the delusional plan of destroying our freedoms and forcing
sharia law on us.WAKE UP MUZZIE LOVER!
Amp man

Prior Lake, MN

#9 Jul 13, 2012
noyb5349 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Amp man,
BTW,I think you are a muzzie!!!!!!!!!!
I 100% reject islam and the dead pig muhammad!!!!!!!!!!
zmb

New York, NY

#10 Jul 13, 2012
there is no compulsion except when allah choose to lead whom he leads to fight against the ummah and islam. - the same dipshit allah who planted the face of jesus on another man and boasted to muslims he is a better liar. f. islam. and of course f. mohammad.
Trust Allah-God Almighty

Pittsfield, MA

#11 Jul 13, 2012
Jesus is more like a Muslim." he said

noyb5349

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jul 14, 2012
Amp man wrote:
<quoted text>
Because in the name of the deathcult of islam the muzzie savage
animals murdered thousands on 9/11 and many more at FortHood. Just as the evil quran orders them.I trust NO muslim!!They are here with
the delusional plan of destroying our freedoms and forcing
sharia law on us.WAKE UP MUZZIE LOVER!
With all due respect, you really are sick, Sir.

There is a website called Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (@ http://www.ae911truth.org ) and they are a group of 1500 experts who have banded together to challenge the official version of what happened on 9/11. To my knowledge, they say that it is not possible for airplanes to have destroyed the Twin Towers...so who was behind the 9/11 attacks has never been scientically demonstrated, as in let's say a court of law.

...but why isn't Christianity a Satanic religion because of people like Timothy McVeigh, the KKK, and the abortion clinic bombers (non-rhetorical question?)

noyb5349

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jul 14, 2012
Amp man wrote:
<quoted text>
I 100% reject islam and the dead pig muhammad!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not concerned about what you think lol. JFYI I am intereseted in becoming Unitarian Universalist, but I'm not any religion right now.

I think that Allah (God) will cause you to suffer the fire of hell (which the Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches us is a state of being in *this* life and which it sounds like is where you are lol) for your lying and slander against Islam and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him.)

noyb5349

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jul 14, 2012
zmb wrote:
there is no compulsion except when allah choose to lead whom he leads to fight against the ummah and islam.- the same dipshit allah who planted the face of jesus on another man and boasted to muslims he is a better liar. f. islam. and of course f. mohammad.
Dare you to say that in a Muslim country lol.
Amp man

Prior Lake, MN

#15 Jul 14, 2012
noyb5349 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a website called Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (@ http://www.ae911truth.org ) and they are a group of 1500 experts who have banded together to challenge the official version of what happened on 9/11. To my knowledge, they say that it is not possible for airplanes to have destroyed the Twin Towers...so who was behind the 9/11 attacks has never been scientically demonstrated, as in let's say a court of law.
...but why isn't Christianity a Satanic religion because of people like Timothy McVeigh, the KKK, and the abortion clinic bombers (non-rhetorical question?)
lol,I think you are a mentally ill flat earther.Only a total idiot
would believe that 9/11 was a inside job.I think your a total moron but I will still help educate you.The quran orders murder and terror,The New Testament does NOT!!!!!!!!!!Get it?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#16 Jul 14, 2012
Amp man wrote:
<quoted text>
You called that one right.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TT8JHO8GH...

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TT8JHO8GH...
U R proven liars

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Jul 14, 2012
noyb5349 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed noyb.
Here's another morsel
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TK0OIGF...

noyb5349

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jul 15, 2012
Amp man wrote:
<quoted text>
lol,I think you are a mentally ill flat earther.Only a total idiot
would believe that 9/11 was a inside job.I think your a total moron but I will still help educate you.The quran orders murder and terror,The New Testament does NOT!!!!!!!!!!Get it?
Then why are you so hateful?

noyb5349

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jul 15, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
Why Sir/Ma'am would you persist in saying that I am Muslim when I have repeatedly said that I am not (non-rhetorical question)?
Amp man

Prior Lake, MN

#20 Jul 15, 2012
noyb5349 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you so hateful?
I hate evil and islam is the most evil thing on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Luther College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Fear of Islam' author to speak here about caus... (Sep '15) Sep '15 grifter 5
News Lutheran college in Iowa to celebrate Diwali (Oct '14) Oct '14 Listen to the Word 1
News Religion Forum with Kim Socha Nov. 7 (Nov '13) Nov '13 -Skeptic- 6
News Surgeon General: Making health fun is the key (Sep '12) Oct '12 Smart Liberal 2
News Jesus A Muslim?New book claims Jesus practiced ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Marie-Luise 19
News Same-sex marriage makes a difference for couple... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Jane 1
News Rick Perry cuts off pollution question, says so... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Mr_Bill 12
More from around the web