California rapper charged with killing Virginia pastor

Sep 21, 2009 Full story: www.boston.com 45

A California man who rapped about the thrill of killing has been charged in the slaying of a rural Virginia pastor found dead with three others inside the home of his estranged wife, a college professor, authorities said yesterday.

Full Story

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#21 Sep 21, 2009
If we can have Rap ARTISTS and Graffiti ARTISTS maybe we can have Fart ARTISTS.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#23 Sep 21, 2009
A 6lb. weight should be clamped to his tongue, and he should be forced to recite nursury rhymes in order to be fed.
Jason Lee

United States

#24 Sep 21, 2009
Coolmind wrote:
And our kids listen to this crap?

Parents let kids listen to this crap?

Adults listen to this crap?
Wait a minute - are you talking about rapping or preaching?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#25 Sep 21, 2009
lily boca raton fl wrote:
He's white.
Then he isn't a Rap artist, he is a wannabe or a wig.

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#26 Sep 21, 2009
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like heavy metal but it didn't murdered rock. I disagree with your point about rap. Rap requires lyrical skills that a lot of people can't do. If you don't like it don't listen to it. Just a thought.
I don’t listen to it but I have heard it and I see no musical value in it at all. Music is way more than just lyrics.

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#27 Sep 21, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
All rappers are glorifying the thug culture.
I agree with this.
201-BMT

Bothell, WA

#28 Sep 21, 2009
Auto Mechanic wrote:
Every once in a while a Brother has to kill a Biotch. I heard it from a Brother on TV.
saw it on tv
read it on the internet
crystal ball
tea leaves?
201-BMT

Bothell, WA

#29 Sep 21, 2009
Auto Mechanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he isn't a Rap artist, he is a wannabe or a wig.
It's like the Marilyn Manson crap but to a rap beat.

-I guess.
201-BMT

Bothell, WA

#30 Sep 21, 2009
yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with this.
Music used to be a means to romance, now some of it leads some to violence.

When I was growing up 90 years ago, the analog cassette player in the Vega only played music that would hopefully lead to romance.

What date would be turned on by violent lyrics?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#31 Sep 22, 2009
201-BMT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like the Marilyn Manson crap but to a rap beat.
-I guess.
I wouldn't listen to it anyway. I quit new music when the sex pistols would spit on the audience and the 'audience' loved it.

That was before _rap music was regurgitated.
(You did know that _Rap music contained a silent 'C' didn't you?

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#32 Sep 22, 2009
201-BMT wrote:
<quoted text>
Music used to be a means to romance, now some of it leads some to violence.
When I was growing up 90 years ago, the analog cassette player in the Vega only played music that would hopefully lead to romance.
What date would be turned on by violent lyrics?
Well I guess if I could find a Vega and an in-dash cassette deck I could probably find a date that wouldn’t mind my slapping her around whilst listening to some dumb colored guy talk about killing her whilst I was slapmancing her.

Since: Sep 07

Toledo, OH

#33 Sep 22, 2009
yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess if I could find a Vega and an in-dash cassette deck I could probably find a date that wouldn’t mind my slapping her around whilst listening to some dumb colored guy talk about killing her whilst I was slapmancing her.
Dumb

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#34 Sep 23, 2009
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb
And?

Since: Sep 07

Toledo, OH

#35 Sep 24, 2009
yernogood- wrote:
<quoted text>And?
Point proved.

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#36 Sep 26, 2009
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
Point proved.
How so?

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#37 Sep 26, 2009
Proved to who?

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#38 Sep 26, 2009
What were the rules?

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#39 Sep 26, 2009
Why wasn’t I supplied with a list of rules. I guess that’s the way you type of people like to “WIN” whatever contest you invent on a daily basis to make yourselves feel better about your shortcomings. All the luck to you on that.
Techmage

United States

#40 Oct 6, 2009
As a Northern California Horrorcore Rapper myself I'd like to implore you not to judge the genre at whole by the actions of one imbecile. I (like a lot of other rappers) use my lyrics to vent my anger at the world around me without actually having to do violent things.

For those of you that think all rappers are thugs (or glorify thug behavior) you're missing the whole point. Rap didn't create the situations we write lyrics about, the situations inspired us to write our lyrics. Everyone has a story to tell, sometimes the story isn't so pleasant. If you're going to relegate the lyrics of our genre as a whole to the burn pile based upon the violent content I'd like to make a few suggestions of other works that fit into the category: The works of Edgar Allan Poe, half of Shakespeare's plays, Gone With the Wind, the Bible (both old and new testaments), and The Star Spangled banner (rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air..etc)

I'm not trying to sound un-American, quite the contrary, we live in a country where I CAN speak my mind and I'd like to ask you to please remember your parents' reaction to Elvis's first performance on the Ed Sullivan Show.

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#41 Oct 7, 2009
Techmage wrote:
As a Northern California Horrorcore Rapper myself I'd like to implore you not to judge the genre at whole by the actions of one imbecile. I (like a lot of other rappers) use my lyrics to vent my anger at the world around me without actually having to do violent things.
For those of you that think all rappers are thugs (or glorify thug behavior) you're missing the whole point. Rap didn't create the situations we write lyrics about, the situations inspired us to write our lyrics. Everyone has a story to tell, sometimes the story isn't so pleasant. If you're going to relegate the lyrics of our genre as a whole to the burn pile based upon the violent content I'd like to make a few suggestions of other works that fit into the category: The works of Edgar Allan Poe, half of Shakespeare's plays, Gone With the Wind, the Bible (both old and new testaments), and The Star Spangled banner (rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air..etc)
I'm not trying to sound un-American, quite the contrary, we live in a country where I CAN speak my mind and I'd like to ask you to please remember your parents' reaction to Elvis's first performance on the Ed Sullivan Show.
Elvis? Bad example, he sucked and we wanted to kill him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Longwood University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fluvanna County Public Schools Announces Teache... (May '13) May '13 Troy Resident 4
Longwood University Increases Tuition (May '13) May '13 A person 5
Dec. 21, 2012: The End of the World? (Dec '12) Dec '12 Mayan Priest 1
A one-man war on cigarette butts (Jun '12) Jun '12 Dr Stinko 6
Chesterfield lieutenant selected as Farmville p... (Feb '10) Feb '10 not a demorat 2
Retired policeman speaks in Farmville on occult (Nov '09) Jan '10 Chris 5
Haga, Gore (Jan '10) Jan '10 Jean Fraysse 1
•••

Longwood University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••