Romney Speaks of Values, Gay Marriage...

Romney Speaks of Values, Gay Marriage at Christian College

There are 952 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from May 12, 2012, titled Romney Speaks of Values, Gay Marriage at Christian College. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

From time to time, we will send you e-mail announcements on new features and special offers from The Wall Street Journal Online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#428 May 22, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand: I cannot always dumb it down enough for you to understand. I am sure you guidance teacher in high school warned you about this before you dropped out for a career in pumping gas.
Don't sell yourself short, the stuff you post is plenty dumb.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#429 May 22, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need. You see, the law is not static, it changes with the times, social conditions, etc. This is why we no longer have slavery, women are allowed to vote, schools are not segregated, and interracial marriage is allowed. There cam a point where denying any of these freedoms became an injustice that could no longer be tolerated. As your arguments regularly illustrate, there is no rational reason to deny same sex couples the right to marry.
Typically I find that those incapable of making a rational argument turn to being dismissive of valid arguments, rather than attempting to defend their own position.
<quoted text>
Well, thank you for proving my point.
The Constitution most certainly is static, aside from the process outlined in Article V.

The problem with idiots like you is that you avoid that at all cost because it would be too difficult for you to push through your nonsense. Instead you pull this BS in the courts and call the Constitution "living and breathing"

You're an idiot.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#430 May 22, 2012
Romney will be a very good President. He has a nice family, comes from a good family, goes to Church regularly, is Patriotic. America can be proud once again. People who know him, like Colin Powell, have nothing but nice things to say about him. He is a leader, a businessman who will help our Corporations bring back jobs, and he will inspire our people to do well in whatever they decide to do.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#431 May 22, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Romney will be a very good President. He has a nice family, comes from a good family, goes to Church regularly, is Patriotic. America can be proud once again. People who know him, like Colin Powell, have nothing but nice things to say about him. He is a leader, a businessman who will help our Corporations bring back jobs, and he will inspire our people to do well in whatever they decide to do.
Colin Powell lied to the American people. His word is no good.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#432 May 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sell yourself short, the stuff you post is plenty dumb.
Goes over your head time and again, though.

Location hidden

#433 May 22, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Romney will be a very good President.
This would be your 7th endorsement in less than a year.

Romney would be good for millionaires as long as the economy could keep them floating.

And good for the Chinese factory workers who would appreciate the jobs he sends their way... like when he was in Bain.

Location hidden

#434 May 22, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution most certainly is static,.
Therein lies the problem: you do not speak English on a high school level.

Static would mean (in English, for those that graduated) that it doesn't and hasn't changed.

There have been 27 amendments to the constitution. Every single one of the changed the original document to some fashion.

And the SCOTUS has interpreted that way for close to 240 years.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#436 May 23, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Colin Powell lied to the American people. His word is no good.
He's the most over-rated general in American history.

The affirmative blaction general endorsed the affirmative blaction President.

Now the country is on food stamps.
Cat74

United States

#438 May 23, 2012
Both candidates need to tell the American people what they believe, there values, there plans for the Country, and the President needs to tell us what he believes, and defend his record. The politics of personal destruction doesn't work any longer. Americans have wised up. We want honesty. When they promise something they should do it. We will hold them to it.
Mormons equal Krishnas

Tampa, FL

#439 May 23, 2012
Mitt spent two years going around knocking on stranger's doors so that he could bug them about his weird religion, while the poor people were simply sitting in their homes, minding their own business...take your revenge on every Mormon that ever knocked on your door, and tried to inflict their cult on you, vote against Mitt.If Mitt is President, we will have to worship the Angel Moroni, and Mitt and Ann will try to baptize your dead ancestors. Remember, Brigham Young taught Mormons that dogs were Satan's tool, and Joseph Smith, Mormon founder, supported gun control, and called his own grandmother a "cun#!" SO, to vote for Mitt would be a sin, in the eyes of your God, unless you are a member of the Mormon Cult and the, since your God lives on the Planet Kolob, maybe He won't mind your voting for a cultish freakster. Also, Ann Romney aborted all her girl babies, leaving only the boys...what is up with that? Mormonisms, that's what.

Location hidden

#440 May 23, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
The affirmative blaction general endorsed the affirmative blaction President.
Now the country is on food stamps.
No need to be racist about it. Many people are homeless and on food stamps because we don't work together to employ our people here at home. That's a fact.

“KONA, baby!”

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

#441 May 23, 2012
Mormons equal Krishnas wrote:
Mitt spent two years going around knocking on stranger's doors so that he could bug them about his weird religion, while the poor people were simply sitting in their homes, minding their own business...take your revenge on every Mormon that ever knocked on your door, and tried to inflict their cult on you, vote against Mitt.If Mitt is President, we will have to worship the Angel Moroni, and Mitt and Ann will try to baptize your dead ancestors. Remember, Brigham Young taught Mormons that dogs were Satan's tool, and Joseph Smith, Mormon founder, supported gun control, and called his own grandmother a "cun#!" SO, to vote for Mitt would be a sin, in the eyes of your God, unless you are a member of the Mormon Cult and the, since your God lives on the Planet Kolob, maybe He won't mind your voting for a cultish freakster. Also, Ann Romney aborted all her girl babies, leaving only the boys...what is up with that? Mormonisms, that's what.
You really can't believe all of the nonsense that you have posted here. If you do, I seriously suggest that you seek counseling. There is an obvious diconnect between you and reality.

Location hidden

#442 May 23, 2012
Discrimination is not a value.
Mor Man Responds

Tampa, FL

#443 May 23, 2012
As a Mormon, I want to know who told this man all the Mormon secrets, like how we hate dogs, and have a secret plan to lock up real Christians...this is TOP SECRET stuff, especially the part about Ann Romney aborting her girl babies, NO ONE MUST KNOW UNTIL WE TAKE OVER THE WHITE HOUSE AND TURN IT INTO THE TABERNACLE!! All Mormons, keep your secret underwear on, our man Mitt is going to round up and imprison everyone who disagrees with us, and convert their children to worshipers of the Angel Moroni, believing that Jesus and Satan are brothers. As Joseph Smith believed, Mitt will take away all guns from non-Mormons, what a joke on the Republican gun nuts who are gonna vote for Mitt!!! Once beer, cigarettes and Coca Cola are outlawed, everyone will act the way we Mormons think you should act...in the name of God, who lives on the Planet Kolob, we pray!! In Mitt's second term, polygamy will be mandatory, girls over the age of 11 will be married to Mormon elders, who will already have multiple wives...We Mormons hate you real Christians, because you haven't fallen for our lines of BS about Angel Moroni and golden tablets...but you will pay, when Mitt becomes Head Mormon, to rule them all, he will wear the Golden Crown of Multiplicity of Wives, getting married to Ann Romney's younger female cousins (who are pretty darned hot, actually.)
Mormons equal Krishnas

Tampa, FL

#444 May 23, 2012
He's right, guys, so before you get your secret underwear in a knot, just ask how God in the Planet Kolob would react if Mitt were to piss in his face, I do not think God, even the God of the Planet Kolob, would like that, and yet, that is just what Mitt is doing every time he wears his secret underwear on the campaign trail, he punished his dog because the poor dog tore up Mitt's secret underwear...but you won't hear this from the lamestream media, that's for sure
Say

Tampa, FL

#445 May 23, 2012
Pappa wrote:
<quoted text>
You really can't believe all of the nonsense that you have posted here. If you do, I seriously suggest that you seek counseling. There is an obvious diconnect between you and reality.
What is a "diconnect," anyway, sounds like something a Republican Mormon would have in his secret underwear

“KONA, baby!”

Jacksonville, FL

#446 May 23, 2012
Say wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a "diconnect," anyway, sounds like something a Republican Mormon would have in his secret underwear
Oh, you got me. I mispelled disconnect so everything that mental defective stated was correct, right? And I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant. You guys are certainly destroying that stereotype, aren't you?
GOP Connect

Tampa, FL

#447 May 23, 2012
Pappa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you got me. I mispelled disconnect so everything that mental defective stated was correct, right? And I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant. You guys are certainly destroying that stereotype, aren't you?
"Disconnect?" I thought you were trying to spell "dick connect," as in, "Hey There, I am a typical Republican, meet me at the rest stop bathroom for a dick connect." Sorry, my bad...

“KONA, baby!”

Jacksonville, FL

#448 May 23, 2012
GOP Connect wrote:
<quoted text>
"Disconnect?" I thought you were trying to spell "dick connect," as in, "Hey There, I am a typical Republican, meet me at the rest stop bathroom for a dick connect." Sorry, my bad...
You have made the assumption that I am a 'typical Republican'. Once again, you have displayed your intolerance and ignorance for all to see. You try to insult me by insinuating that I participate in homosexual activities at the same time you are arguing for same sex marriage. What exactly does homosexuality represent to you...an insult or something to be defended? Careful, your hypocrasy is showing. I would say you should be ashamed but you have made it quite apparent that you have no shame. I will no longer provide you with fodder for your mental defect. Have a nice day.

Location hidden

#449 May 23, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot, a liar, and you don't know sh!t about US history, particularly US military history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ted Cruz: 'Majority of violent criminals' are D... (Dec '15) Sun Our President Trump 2
News Universities Shunning President Trump for Comme... Apr 11 Mikey 1
News Who is Jerry Falwell Jr. and why is he reformin... Mar '17 South Knox Hombre 3
News Trump moves leave LGBT groups, religious conser... Feb '17 CZars_R_US 79
News Trump vows to end prohibition on church politic... Feb '17 Frogface Kate 145
Social positions don't matter as Secretary of S... Feb '17 Kristopher 1
News Report: Jerry Falwell Jr. Considered for Educat... Nov '16 Chris 1
More from around the web