Chicago Bears Interested in Will County

Jun 11, 2009 Full story: wjol.com 10

The Chicago Bears will probably remain in Bourbonnais for their 2010 training camp and maybe 2011, but a source says the team is interested in moving it's camp to Lewis University in Romeoville.

Full Story
New Resident

Channahon, IL

#1 Jun 16, 2009
Great idea bringing them to Lewis University. Over 300 acres to build on, close to Chicago, easy for staff, media, fans, players to get to.
huh

Villa Park, IL

#2 Jun 17, 2009
What do they plan on doing?
LewU

Romeoville, IL

#3 Jun 17, 2009
Did you read the article? They want to move their training site on campus to Lewis.

This would mean a nice football/athletic complex at Lewis that during the summer the city of Romeoville gets to use for youth sports.

Great for the city!
huh

Villa Park, IL

#4 Jun 17, 2009
OH wow no I didn't see teh article but that would be wonderful!!
duh

Romeoville, IL

#5 Jun 17, 2009
LewU wrote:
Did you read the article? They want to move their training site on campus to Lewis.
This would mean a nice football/athletic complex at Lewis that during the summer the city of Romeoville gets to use for youth sports.
Great for the city!
yes, it would be wonderful for romeoville. they also have investors who will build a football sports complex on 53 by the old ace, that will be done in october. former nfl football players made a presentation a couple of village board meetings ago and they were given the go !! thanks romeoville, we need these types of places for our kids and for our revenue
huh

Villa Park, IL

#6 Jun 17, 2009
For the kids yes I totally support this. I have lived in Romeoville my whole life and one thing that always has been said...There is nothing to do here, we have always had to travel to different towns for anything to do. All we had was Jewel and you can't hang there...LOL so, I'm happy that Romeoville is changing and bringing stuff in for everyone.
Taxed

Plainfield, IL

#7 Jun 17, 2009
Wait until you find how much Romeoville will be expected to contribute to this deal.
LewU

Romeoville, IL

#8 Jun 17, 2009
$0 tax. Funds are already in place.
Lewis U and Bears

Romeoville, IL

#9 Jun 17, 2009
The village is looking at the land by Wal-mart for possible sports field. They are going to build another Rec Center by route 53 for in-door type of sports like more basketball courts, exercising rooms, larger gymnastics room. Lewis U. is looking to start a football program along with bringing the Bears over for Spring training. I doubt the village would get much usage if the Bears go to Lewis and Lewis has a football program. Bears are in spring training from July - August and most college football starts around late August.
With that being said, I like the whole idea. NFL team and college football team in town.
Bears Fan

Sterling, IL

#10 Jun 18, 2009
This really needs to happen for Lewis and for the local community. This should be the best time to break ground and get the cheapest quote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewis University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officials unveil plan for economic growth in Wi... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Robert Montgomery 1
Romeoville gets look at new industrial site con... (Jun '13) Jun '13 noak pride 13
2013 Baseball (Mar '13) Mar '13 Baseball alumni 1
Culture: Bridal Expo 2013 (Jan '13) Jan '13 RPD 1
2013 looking bright in Romeoville, mayor says (Jan '13) Jan '13 Dose of reality 12
Lewis University student charged in connection ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Hey Meow 4
Will County executive's race a tale of two coun... (Oct '12) Oct '12 hwg208 4

Lewis University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE