Remittance helps fuel Cuban economy

Remittance helps fuel Cuban economy

There are 1 comment on the Fulton County Daily Report story from Apr 19, 2009, titled Remittance helps fuel Cuban economy. In it, Fulton County Daily Report reports that:

A U.S. official says the Cuban government, run by Raul Castro, above, will confiscate a high percentage of remittance dollars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fulton County Daily Report.

yeah right

Qu├ębec, Canada

#1 Apr 20, 2009
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/i...

reuter : Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro said on Sunday the U.S. trade embargo against Cuba must go, but he was mum on his brother Raul Castro's recent offer to talk with Washington about "everything," including political prisoners and human rights.
----------
So, Fidel is talking again, asking the USA to lift the embargo... Well, Fidel , what about lifting the social embargo that you are inflicting on your people ?
why can't someone be allowed to build a house for his Cuban family, since your government have failed miserably to provide some decent lodging for everyone ? Why are they not allowed to buy and sell a house, when you know very well that this law about "permuta"( house exchange) just lead to some illegal deals and that people are selling and buying anyway. Your laws are just feeding the black market.
why does a visitor from another country can't visit a Cuban in his house without having the CDR giving them trouble ? Why can't we go with a Cuban in his car and ride to whatever part of the country that we choose ? Why is it so easy and fast to send some money but so complicated and expensive to communicate with our loved ones ? Why do we have to ask for a permission to bring our family on a visit in another country ? you are afraid that they would not come back , mainly because they don't even have a house to come back to in the first place.... if Cuba wouldn't have so many restrictive laws , you would not have to FORCE your own people to stay in the island.
Fidel, we are the one who pay every month , with our remittances and travels to Cuba, to maintain your government of beggars . So, we pay but we have to shut up. As if you would say : if you don't like it, just go away, but you are very eager to take my money by any means possible though. So before asking to the USA to do whatever you wish , you should start by liberating your people from those stupid laws that make life miserable for the normal Cuban .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehman College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama on protests: 'There are consequences to i... (May '15) May '15 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 9
News NYC gets 1st Mexican-American council member (Nov '13) Nov '13 Fa-Foxy 5
News Teachers need support, not suspicion (Jun '12) Jun '12 America Gentleman... 2
News Teacher sold baseball items for tuition (Jan '11) Jan '11 just candid 3
News Jennifer Fasulo, human rights advocate (Aug '10) Dec '10 Tia 2
News Dr. Adewale Troutman | A life-changing shift fo... (Dec '10) Dec '10 debk48 1
News ''Justice of Law' Sonia Sotomayor cracks jokes ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Raoul Thibideaux 1
More from around the web