Two teens arrested for inside job rob...

Two teens arrested for inside job robbery of CiCi's in Poplar Bluff

There are 21 comments on the Southeast Missourian story from Jul 16, 2008, titled Two teens arrested for inside job robbery of CiCi's in Poplar Bluff. In it, Southeast Missourian reports that:

Two Butler County teenagers were arraigned Monday morning on charges they burglarized CiCi's Pizza, where both were employees, and allegedly stole a large amount of quarters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Southeast Missourian.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Celtic-Song

Cape Girardeau, MO

#1 Jul 16, 2008
Let's all rob our place of employment so we can go cash in the money the next day and go to jail. Smart move ain't it? GOD, what happened to our society? Oh I know...it went to hell with the rest of the idiots in the world. Seriously, can some people be any more of a genius? I think not.

Since: Jun 07

Malden

#2 Jul 17, 2008
Yea, that took some intelligence. HA Nothing like putting a huge neon sign on that says GUILTY!!
Bubba

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 17, 2008
Here's your sign!

Malden

#4 Jul 17, 2008
LMAO exactly!!
Monkey

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2008
Haha.
Yeah.
If you're going to rob a place don't make it the place you are employed at...They will eventually find out who you are.
Haha.
Considering the fact you was the last one to be in that building.
I mean atleast break a window or something to make it look like someone actully broke in...duhh.
curious

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2008
Are any of you from the Wappapello area? I posted a forum asking about Chris Littrell but never got a response. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find him. There is no listing in the white pages for him. We were buddies when we were younger. Would like to catch up with him. Thanks for any help.

Malden

#7 Jul 17, 2008
curious wrote:
Are any of you from the Wappapello area? I posted a forum asking about Chris Littrell but never got a response. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find him. There is no listing in the white pages for him. We were buddies when we were younger. Would like to catch up with him. Thanks for any help.
No sorry, I used to live there. The name is familiar to me but that's about it.
krm

United States

#8 Jul 17, 2008
well if you were going to full fledged rob a place of business, wouldn't it be your best bet to rob a bank? dee dee dee
Duh

Hendersonville, TN

#9 Jul 17, 2008
krm wrote:
well if you were going to full fledged rob a place of business, wouldn't it be your best bet to rob a bank? dee dee dee
No. Cuz sometimes when you try to rob a bank they have like, those security guard guys that are sometimes , like off-duty real cops and they'll like have a gun and shoot your stupid ass? ok. WhatEVER!
curious

United States

#10 Jul 17, 2008
Crafter Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No sorry, I used to live there. The name is familiar to me but that's about it.
Thank you anyway. Thought I would give this a whirl. No luck anywhere else.
krm

United States

#11 Jul 17, 2008
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>No. Cuz sometimes when you try to rob a bank they have like, those security guard guys that are sometimes , like off-duty real cops and they'll like have a gun and shoot your stupid ass? ok. WhatEVER!
ok DUH!!!! i'm saying that if you are going to go through the trouble of robbing a place, you might as well rob a bank. freakin idiot. whatEVER!!!
Duh

Hendersonville, TN

#12 Jul 17, 2008
krm wrote:
<quoted text>
ok DUH!!!! i'm saying that if you are going to go through the trouble of robbing a place, you might as well rob a bank. freakin idiot. whatEVER!!!
No, freakin idiot. There is a distinct difference in BURGLARY ,where someone BREAKS into a business and someone WALKING into that business and demanding money, whether it be with a weapon or simple intimidation. THAT is ROBBERY. The biggest difference,as I stated, could be you meeting up with armed security at a place such as a bank and getting shot. DUH
Monkey

Cape Girardeau, MO

#13 Jul 17, 2008
Haha.
I agree.
But the only thing is it was easier for them to rob Cicis because they was supposidly the only ones in the building when they took the money so in other words they thought they wouldn't get caught but stupid them tried to cash in the freakin quarters they stole.
They shouldnt have tried to cash in the quarters in the first place then maybe just maybe they would have a slight chance of not going to jail as soon as they did.
But it doesnt matter because in the end they wouldve gotten caught anyways.
It was their own stupidity that robbed the place then tried cashing in the money.
HERES YOURE SIGN.
At least they couldve went to wal-mart and went from one register to another cashing in a little amount of quarters at a time DUHHH!!
Hello? How stupid can people get.
Atleast have a clue what you are doing and find a back up plan just incase DURR!
krm

United States

#14 Jul 18, 2008
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>No, freakin idiot. There is a distinct difference in BURGLARY ,where someone BREAKS into a business and someone WALKING into that business and demanding money, whether it be with a weapon or simple intimidation. THAT is ROBBERY. The biggest difference,as I stated, could be you meeting up with armed security at a place such as a bank and getting shot. DUH
thank you sherlock holmes for the difference in burglary and robbery. thanks to you i can pursue a job in law enforcement!!! whoooo hooooo. you telling me that you can't break into a bank after hours? if you are going to rob a place and get caught you might as well go all out and get as much money as you can!!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I know who you are

Gregory, AR

#15 Jul 18, 2008
krm wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you sherlock holmes for the difference in burglary and robbery. thanks to you i can pursue a job in law enforcement!!! whoooo hooooo. you telling me that you can't break into a bank after hours? if you are going to rob a place and get caught you might as well go all out and get as much money as you can!!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ok... Here is the only problem with robbing a bank after hours....THEY HAVE AN ALARM SYSTEM!!!! They knew the code to the alarm at Cicis I figure so when you figure out what you are talking about you can come back and say something .....Untill then GoodBye!!!!
Monkey

Cape Girardeau, MO

#17 Jul 20, 2008
I do believe they were cleaning up whenever they stole the money.
In other words they were the only people in there.
They had the keys.
They could do whatever they wanted without getting caught until the next day.
However if you were to rob a bank...Im pretty sure you would get caught THAT NIGHT because for one you probably wouldnt be able to get away in time and two they have enough security cameras in there to make sure atleast one gets your face on it.
But I dont think Cicis has that many security cameras.
The only way they got caught was by them trying to cash in all the money..haha.
Ranger

United States

#18 Jul 20, 2008
Monkey wrote:
I do believe they were cleaning up whenever they stole the money.
In other words they were the only people in there.
They had the keys.
They could do whatever they wanted without getting caught until the next day.
However if you were to rob a bank...Im pretty sure you would get caught THAT NIGHT because for one you probably wouldnt be able to get away in time and two they have enough security cameras in there to make sure atleast one gets your face on it.
But I dont think Cicis has that many security cameras.
The only way they got caught was by them trying to cash in all the money..haha.
I thought the paper said they kicked down a back wall or door or something.
Enlightened

United States

#19 Jul 20, 2008
The two people allegedly responsible may not have been the smartest people, but they are young and everyone makes mistakes. There are a lot of good people that do bad things, and this could easily be the case with what they did.
There is no reason why an incident like this should be held against them for the rest of their lives, as long as they make restitution and learn from the mistake they made.
Duh

Hendersonville, TN

#20 Jul 20, 2008
Ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the paper said they kicked down a back wall or door or something.
That's what it said. Maybe they had access to the business and had the code for the alarm but wanted to make it look like they came through the wall. The paper said there was a hole in the wall. Guess they're the new Hole In The Wall gang.
big thang

Poplar Bluff, MO

#21 Jul 20, 2008
Just to clear things up... No they didn't have the security code only the GM has that. They brought tools to break in back by the loading dock. The place was closed and no employees stay late without a manager there. The managers are the only ones who can close the store. Just wanted to give you guys the true story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lee University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This is the church where Robert E. Lee declared... Sep '17 Mary 2
News Bacdayan family creates two first generation sc... Aug '17 Hampton Friedman 1
News Former teacher facing statutory rape charges (Mar '15) May '17 I know 13
News Tennessee's education commissioner makes Lee Ce... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Every Student Spa... 1
News Guest column: Why erase the South's historical ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ecossais 2
News Robert E. Lee's troubled legacy (Feb '15) Jul '15 Uber-Bro of the U... 3
News Sweet Briar Students and Faculty Members Face a... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web