The Newtowns all around us

The Newtowns all around us

There are 100 comments on the New York Daily News story from Apr 14, 2013, titled The Newtowns all around us. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Paula Shaw in her Manhattan apartment, in front of a memorial for her son, Matt, who was killed by gun violence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#21 Apr 14, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Thankfully many good ol' folks are getting "a clue" about our laughable gun culture - especially after 20 kids were slaughtered/massacred as part of that gun culture.
True, many are learning a bit about their constitution that their indoctrination centers didn't teach. Constitution in unions schools is taboo, just like religion.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22 Apr 14, 2013
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
so much idiocy, thinking taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to stop the lunatics and criminals from shooting people...
The sad thing is these morons think it will keep criminals from getting a gun. The only thing they will make sure of is that the honest guy is a target for the guy that won't obey a law in the first place.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#23 Apr 14, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and even our government gives Mexico guns - FAST AND FURIOUS, and our Border guard got shot with one of them. Hummmmm Obama and Holder should be put in jail for not having an illegal gun check.
Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations BETWEEN 2006 and 2011 where the ATF "purposely allowed licensed firearms to cross border.

Between 2006 and 2011.

Who was president in 2006? Hmmmmmmmm?
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#24 Apr 14, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>True, many are learning a bit about their constitution that their indoctrination centers didn't teach. Constitution in unions schools is taboo, just like religion.
Union schools? What are they?
Sitting Ducks

Surprise, AZ

#25 Apr 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
If you lived in some place like Arizona you wouldn't even
need the background check. Just walk in an buy as many as
you want. Then sell them across the border to the Mexican
drug lords. Thriving business all along the border with
Mexico.
Lots of guns, no questions asked.
Are you an idiot or a liar?
Trick question.
The answer is both.
ALL GUN DEALERS IN ARIZONA DO A BACKGROUND CHECK.
It is your corrupt Obama administration that allowed questionable sales, FLAGGED BY THE DEALERS amd DEMANDED by the criminal Obama administration BATFE to go to the drug lords, you lying turd.
Sitting Ducks

Surprise, AZ

#26 Apr 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Union schools are the corrupt teacher's union schools.
You know, the one they drove you to on the "short bus".
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#27 Apr 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you know them by their more common term: Public Schools.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#28 Apr 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Arizona Field Office of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations BETWEEN 2006 and 2011 where the ATF "purposely allowed licensed firearms to cross border.
Between 2006 and 2011.
The difference is there were less weapons and the administration at the time tried to keep track of those weapons. When the project didn't produce enough positive results, it was scrapped and Bush said never to be tried again. Those weapons were equipt with tracking devices that the drug lords eventually found. We thought at the time they were so well hidden that the dopes pushing dope would never be able to find them.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#29 Apr 14, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Thankfully many good ol' folks are getting "a clue" about our laughable gun culture - especially after 20 kids were slaughtered/massacred as part of that gun culture.
Actually, just the opposite. The desire to own and carry guns is growing more than ever. Ten years ago, my state of Ohio would have never dreamt of allowing a citizen to carry a firearm. Today, we enjoy some of the most lenient gun laws in the country.

We went from no guns to being allowed to carry them in your car. Not only can you use your gun from your car should an attempted robbery at an ATM take place or a car jacking, but there is no liability in a justified shooting. In fact, recently, they passed a law that allows us to carry in arenas, bars and most anyplace alcohol is served.

When our Castle Doctrine was introduced, politicians were shocked at the positive response from citizens. Then they pushed for CCW's. Again, an overwhelming response. Most of our advancements took place under a Democrat Governor too. That's how strong public opinion about guns are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/12/us/as-us-we...
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#30 Apr 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Between 2006 and 2011.
Who was on duty when the Border Guard got murdered, who lost control of the weapons and even wrote an Executive Order to keep it from the public????? If there was nothing to hide there would not have been an EO written to cover up shit again. The president was OBAMA. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Paris

#31 Apr 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Between 2006 and 2011.
It was in conjunction with the Mexican Government pookie, unlike Obama and Holders under the table gambit. Nice try, but a poor piece of lies and propaganda.

Paris

#32 Apr 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, just the opposite. The desire to own and carry guns is growing more than ever. Ten years ago, my state of Ohio would have never dreamt of allowing a citizen to carry a firearm. Today, we enjoy some of the most lenient gun laws in the country.
We went from no guns to being allowed to carry them in your car. Not only can you use your gun from your car should an attempted robbery at an ATM take place or a car jacking, but there is no liability in a justified shooting. In fact, recently, they passed a law that allows us to carry in arenas, bars and most anyplace alcohol is served.
When our Castle Doctrine was introduced, politicians were shocked at the positive response from citizens. Then they pushed for CCW's. Again, an overwhelming response. Most of our advancements took place under a Democrat Governor too. That's how strong public opinion about guns are.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/12/us/as-us-we...
You have to understand, she is from California where they gave up their rights after the Mexican invasion long ago. They are bankrupt, paying bills with IOU's and having companies and people leave in record numbers. With all that, they fell they should tell us how to act and live. They are low information voters for sure.
Cat74

United States

#33 Apr 14, 2013
There were 2 shot dead, and 11 wounded in chicago over night Friday. Would you like to go get their guns? Why don't you go register those shooters guns, then come talk to me about mine. Obama should walk the Newtown mothers through his old Chicago neighborhood. Anything less is bull.
John

United States

#34 Apr 14, 2013
Until we change the culture, gun violence will probably be a part of it all and I guess we must start thinking about accepting it and finding ways to cope with it and to protect our loved ones from it. I do not think laws are going to change anything because criminals can always get guns --- yet something needs to be done! Laws would be a beginning ... maybe we should strengthen the ones that are already on the books.

American Liberal Times

http://americanliberaltimes.com

Paris

#35 Apr 14, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
There were 2 shot dead, and 11 wounded in chicago over night Friday. Would you like to go get their guns? Why don't you go register those shooters guns, then come talk to me about mine. Obama should walk the Newtown mothers through his old Chicago neighborhood. Anything less is bull.
Obama wouldn't walk through a girl scout troop with out his 200 guards.
John

United States

#36 Apr 14, 2013
This gun thing has gotten a little crazy and I am doing a lot of talking about it on my blog: "American Liberal Times" which I think you might be able to visit by typing the name, "American Liberal Times" into a search window.

The whole thing is that I don't think passing a lot of new laws is going to prevent criminals from getting guns so we may be living with this kind of violence as part of our national culture for a long time yet to come. I think we are going to have to find ways to cope and to protect ourselves and our loved ones and I don't think more guns are the answer either.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#37 Apr 14, 2013
John wrote:
This gun thing has gotten a little crazy and I am doing a lot of talking about it on my blog: "American Liberal Times" which I think you might be able to visit by typing the name, "American Liberal Times" into a search window.
The whole thing is that I don't think passing a lot of new laws is going to prevent criminals from getting guns so we may be living with this kind of violence as part of our national culture for a long time yet to come. I think we are going to have to find ways to cope and to protect ourselves and our loved ones and I don't think more guns are the answer either.
I would disagree only because of the statistics. The truth is that violent crime (and in particular, violent crime with guns) has been on the decrease for the last couple of decades. It may not seem like it due to the crazy people and the mass shootings, but it's the irrefutable truth.

People can point to all kinds of changes made throughout the years, but I'm a firm believer that the decrease IS due to citizens being able to arm and protect themselves. The only way to deal with crime is with a proper deterrent. Armed citizens are that deterrent whether they are armed or not. Just the idea that they may be armed gives criminals something to think about.

Take two neighboring cities for instance. One city permits and promotes the use of firearms and the other restricts firearms. No carrying a firearm, no firearms at your business, no firearms in your home. Which city do you think will experience the most theft and murders?

As the old saying goes, if it's not broke, don't fix it is applicable during this time. Since we are on the decrease of violent crime with guns, let's keep on the path we are going.
sure

United States

#38 Apr 14, 2013
It's all about the media blitz on gun violence that makes it seem like it on the rise.
VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#39 Apr 14, 2013
I have over 40 weapons(guns) that have never harmed anyone, unlike the weapons that I was issued when in the service. A gun will NOT hurt anyone, it is the person on the end of it that hurts. Will Obama and his liberal A-holes ban knives, now that they had a stabbing in Texas? I say ban criminals, sickos, liberals(all one and the same).They need to enforce the laws on the books NOW, not make more. Plus, we have too many Lawyers(Obama is one)and we need to have open season on them(the world would be a better place).

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#40 Apr 14, 2013
Chuck Norris?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Le Moyne College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Le Moyne: NY's 'free' tuition will cost student... Mar '17 Truth 3
News Company news: Betty O'Conner named vice preside... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Rated X 1
News Parishville-Hopkinton Central School class leaders (Jun '11) Feb '12 WTF 4
News RFA to Host a Lost Boya Gabriel Bol Deng (May '10) May '10 Gerrie 1
News Le Moyne student accused of making up murder at... (Feb '10) Feb '10 MAN DAY 1
News Five Le Moyne students hospitalized after party (Dec '09) Dec '09 emily 1
More from around the web