HS test 'slams' Christianity, lauds Islam

Aug 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCBM-AM Pikesville

State testmakers played favorites when quizzing high-schoolers on world religions -- giving Islam and Buddhism the kid-gloves treatment while socking it to Christianity, critics say ...

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Sep 1, 2010

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Aug 30, 2010
from WCBM-AM Pikesville:

"Teachers complain that the reading selections from the Regents exam in global history and geography given last week featured glowing passages pertaining to Muslim society but much more critical essay excerpts on the subject of Christianity ...

"The most troubling passage came from Daniel Roselle's 'A World History: A Cultural Approach,' observers said.

"The passage reads: "Wherever they went, the Moslems [sic] brought with them their love of art, beauty and learning ..."

But not their "love" of non-muslims.
A Nnoyed

UK

#2 Aug 30, 2010
Liberals hate Christianity because religion is stupid, wrong and should be outlawed.

Liberals love Islam because Muslims want to overthrow 'evil America'.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#3 Aug 30, 2010
Here's something I wrote to a guy who was a tad upset about all the opposition to the Ground Zero Mosque:

Let's see, you're worried because some locals in NY City, you know, the place that USED to have the Twin Towers, don't want a mosque that close to where 'good and faithful' Muslims murdered nearly 3000 people.

You're also seemingly upset because it's intolerant to NOT let the mosque and Islamic Center be built.

How about these little FACTS to slip into your pipe about what Christians face from the 'tolerant' Muslims in the birthplace of the 'religion of peace', when it comes to just worshiping ANYWHERE in Saudi Arabia:

http://www.examiner.com/public-policy-in-casp ...

http://www.examiner.com/christianity-in-caspe ...

Not another mosque should be allowed to be built anywhere in the USA UNTIL Saudi Arabia allows for the building of a few dozen Christian Churches in Riyadh and Jeddah, as well as some Bahai Faith centers, Hindu Temples, etc.

When THAT happens, THEN I'll start to reconsider my view of Islam as a barbaric religion bent on murdering anyone who won't convert to Islam.

Cheers.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Aug 30, 2010
Liberals have 3 or 4 approved targets: the US, christianity, republicans, and white people, esp white men. Islam, buddhism, etc. don't fit the approved targets, so liberals pat them on the head. They did the same with communism.

They just couldn't understand why it fell.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#6 Aug 30, 2010
more truth wrote:
Liberals have 3 or 4 approved targets: the US, christianity, republicans, and white people, esp white men. Islam, buddhism, etc. don't fit the approved targets, so liberals pat them on the head. They did the same with communism.
They just couldn't understand why it fell.
"Liberals have 3 or 4 approved targets"?

I have some of questions about that?
1) Where did the Liberals hold the meeting where those targets were approved?
2) When was the meeting held?
3) How many attended?
4) Were all the states represented?
5) Were the individuals how attended elected?

Really looking forward to your answers.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#7 Aug 31, 2010
It started during communism. After years of seeing liberals hit the same things over and over, I have concluded that those are the established targets. They have been established by repetition and consensus.

Communism, a utopian scheme, would have killed most on the US left; they loved it anyway. They kiss up to Islam because A. they like utopian schemes, and B. it does not fit the accepted tagets, which may be endlessly villified.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Scholar of the Obvious

#8 Aug 31, 2010
more truth wrote:
It started during communism. After years of seeing liberals hit the same things over and over, I have concluded that those are the established targets. They have been established by repetition and consensus.
Communism, a utopian scheme, would have killed most on the US left; they loved it anyway. They kiss up to Islam because A. they like utopian schemes, and B. it does not fit the accepted tagets, which may be endlessly villified.
Why didn't you answer any of my questions?

Is it because your statement was a lie?
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#9 Aug 31, 2010
What? Can't you see my name is more truth, not more lies?

The targets were established by liberals writing articles and coming to a consensus on what things were evil.

How many article must one read that lambast the same things over and over?

How many conversations must one have with people who are villifying the same things over and over?

Try conversing with a liberal and say something nice about men, esp white men, Christianity, republicans, etc. and see what you get.

What really brings it out are events like the lacrosse team scandal and the Tawana Brawley case.

“Alius bardus latin laudo”

Since: Nov 08

Jackson St Forest, CA

#10 Aug 31, 2010
Wilberhum wrote:
<quoted text>
"Liberals have 3 or 4 approved targets"?
I have some of questions about that?
1) Where did the Liberals hold the meeting where those targets were approved?
2) When was the meeting held?
3) How many attended?
4) Were all the states represented?
5) Were the individuals how attended elected?
You are making false assumptions.

1. Why do Liberals need to have a specific meeting place? Do you know of this"Liberal meeting place"?
2. Why did the "meeting" have to happen at a specific time? Was there a deadline you know of?
3. Why is any specific number of Liberals important? Do you know of a quorum that must be met?
4. Why do all the states need representation in this "meeting". Are there some rules you are aware of?
5. Why must there be an election for representatives in this "meeting". Do you know of some Rules?

You are also assuming that for a group decision to be made there must be a meeting. I guess you know of no other way for a group to unite under a concept?

Is a meeting the only way to make a decision?

Jackson St Forest, CA

#11 Aug 31, 2010
more truth wrote:
"More Truth",
Don't let idiots frame the argument. Show them their failings and make them question their assumptions. Put them on the defensive. Once you define the argument you can question them and identify their weaknesses. Once you understand their weakness you know the position you need to attack their faulty knowledge.

This is only a blog, but this approach is also useful in personal confrontations. I have "flipped" liberals to conservative before when they don't really understand what they claim to believe.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Aug 31, 2010
The other thing they have been bashing for years is family life. Marriage stinks, raising children is slavery, etc. In a way, that is good, maybe they will die out.

Oceans of ink have been spilled, forests have been felled, to express these negative sentiments.

I told a liberal friend of mine that i could not join in her views because they were too negative. Whatever do you mean? she says.

I see conservative religious families calmly bringing up children and staying married and I just laugh. i am not a conservative religious person either. I guess I don't fit in.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Scholar of the Obvious

#13 Aug 31, 2010
more truth wrote:
What? Can't you see my name is more truth, not more lies?
The targets were established by liberals writing articles and coming to a consensus on what things were evil.
How many article must one read that lambast the same things over and over?
How many conversations must one have with people who are villifying the same things over and over?
Try conversing with a liberal and say something nice about men, esp white men, Christianity, republicans, etc. and see what you get.
What really brings it out are events like the lacrosse team scandal and the Tawana Brawley case.
You should change your name to lying sack of shit.

Your statement is a fabrication and you know it.
Getflushed

Fremont, CA

#14 Aug 31, 2010
Wilberhum wrote:
<quoted text>
You should change your name to lying sack of shit.
Your statement is a fabrication and you know it.
Under long established conspiracy statutes, conspiracy can happen between two, or more people and they don't have to know each other, or have ever met, nor reside in the same areas. The nature of effective human conspiracies always involve the self-validating arrogance of agenda driven people willing to impose their sicknesses on others. Defining and identifying these mass insanities has been a solid basis for research of the strangeness of the human mind.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Scholar of the Obvious

#15 Aug 31, 2010
Why not get real wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making false assumptions.
1. Why do Liberals need to have a specific meeting place? Do you know of this"Liberal meeting place"?
2. Why did the "meeting" have to happen at a specific time? Was there a deadline you know of?
3. Why is any specific number of Liberals important? Do you know of a quorum that must be met?
4. Why do all the states need representation in this "meeting". Are there some rules you are aware of?
5. Why must there be an election for representatives in this "meeting". Do you know of some Rules?
You are also assuming that for a group decision to be made there must be a meeting. I guess you know of no other way for a group to unite under a concept?
Is a meeting the only way to make a decision?
You are obviously incapable of seeing the fallacy of my statement.
Either that or you jump into the middle of a conversation when you are clueless of what is going on.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#16 Aug 31, 2010
So, Wilb, you defend liberals, hm? I like the way you express yourself. Fits right in with my theory.

Explain why liberals are correct.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Scholar of the Obvious

#17 Aug 31, 2010
more truth wrote:
So, Wilb, you defend liberals, hm? I like the way you express yourself. Fits right in with my theory.
Explain why liberals are correct.
I'm not defending liberals, I'm defending honesty.

If you need to lie to make your point, your point is a lie.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#18 Aug 31, 2010
I'm not lying, I'm expressing my opinion.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#19 Aug 31, 2010
The reason I have this opinion is that I have seen and heard the same rants so many times.

Jackson St Forest, CA

#20 Sep 1, 2010
Wilberhum wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously incapable of seeing the fallacy of my statement.
Either that or you jump into the middle of a conversation when you are clueless of what is going on.
I saw perfectly the fallacy of your statement.

a deceptive, misleading, or false notion, belief, etc.: That the world is flat was at one time a popular fallacy.
a misleading or unsound argument.
deceptive, misleading, or false nature; erroneousness.
Logic . any of various types of erroneous reasoning that render arguments logically unsound.

Unless you were being sarcastic.

And to assume that a posting on a blog is a private conversation is a fallacy. You are posting here to be seen. If you don't want people commenting on what you believe don't post on publicly accessible blogs. Have a private conversation.

On peoples home pages is a link to send a private message. Use it if you want what you say to be kept private.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Scholar of the Obvious

#21 Sep 1, 2010
more truth wrote:
I'm not lying, I'm expressing my opinion.
You expressed it as a fact when you knew it wasn't. That is lying.
Your some idiot that equates liberals to evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lawrence University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some US colleges calling students back from Israel Aug 21 ACME Rock Sales 2
Harvard to co-create US-like competitive body i... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Hind e Ganndo 2
White House blames 'polar vortex' on global war... (Jan '14) Jan '14 B as in B S as in S 6
Norwood brothers help save woman's life (Aug '13) Aug '13 Buddy 3
Harrisville Central School class leaders (Jun '13) Jun '13 delbert for real 5
St. Lawrence County sales tax plan to lower pro... (Mar '13) Mar '13 OperationBagration 9
Sugaring season is underway (Mar '13) Mar '13 anyone 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Lawrence University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••