Seventh-day Adventist pastor retires

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Orange County Register

The Rev. Justin Singh told the congregation the decision was not easy. FULLERTON The Rev.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Nov 12, 2012
Lay Worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 17, 2010
 
Seventh-day Adventist pastor retires
By BARBARA GIASONE

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Story Highlights

The Rev. Justin Singh told the congregation the decision was not easy.




FULLERTON – The Rev. Justin Singh, who has served the Fullerton Seventh-day Adventist Church for the past six years, retired effective Feb.1

For the pastor's final sermon on Jan. 31, he told the congregation "it was not easy to make the decision to retire," and he urged the church to "push the agenda of God" and "go into your neighborhood and make your God sound great."
ADVERTISEMENT
More from Fullerton

*
Seattle Pacific University honors Willmer
*
Protesters march over West Coyote Hills plan
*
City seeks vendors for outdoor market
*
Woman, 21, guilty of murder in fatal DUI crash
50 seconds ago
*
Drivers allege damage from potholes

He also praised his wife, Juanita, for being his partner in ministry throughout the years. She is head of the English as a second language program at La Sierra University.

Singh has worked for the Seventh-day Adventist Church for 48 years, the last 20 as a pastor in the Southeastern California Conference of SDA. The Rev. Don Reynolds, a retired church administrator and pastor, has been named the interim pastor at Fullerton.

The church has formed a search committee to look for a replacement pastor, according to congregant Janice Blair.
Lay Worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Reverend .... SDA pastor
Historic Adventist

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Next thing you know the SDA pastors will clamor for the appilations of deity to be called father!

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 13, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Historic Adventist wrote:
Next thing you know the SDA pastors will clamor for the appilations of deity to be called father!
Very doubtful.
Manny

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 13, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

did the adventists call themselves "reverend" or did the reporter use the term on her own not knowing the correct SDA appellation for ministers?

get the facts before jumping to conclusions.

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 13, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Most likely the newspaper did. SDA's don't call their pastors anything other than that (or "elder").
sailor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 18, 2010
 
Lay Worker wrote:
Seventh-day Adventist pastor retires
By BARBARA GIASONE
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Story Highlights
The Rev. Justin Singh told the congregation the decision was not easy.
FULLERTON – The Rev. Justin Singh, who has served the Fullerton Seventh-day Adventist Church for the past six years, retired effective Feb.1
For the pastor's final sermon on Jan. 31, he told the congregation "it was not easy to make the decision to retire," and he urged the church to "push the agenda of God" and "go into your neighborhood and make your God sound great."
ADVERTISEMENT
More from Fullerton
*
Seattle Pacific University honors Willmer
*
Protesters march over West Coyote Hills plan
*
City seeks vendors for outdoor market
*
Woman, 21, guilty of murder in fatal DUI crash
50 seconds ago
*
Drivers allege damage from potholes
He also praised his wife, Juanita, for being his partner in ministry throughout the years. She is head of the English as a second language program at La Sierra University.
Singh has worked for the Seventh-day Adventist Church for 48 years, the last 20 as a pastor in the Southeastern California Conference of SDA. The Rev. Don Reynolds, a retired church administrator and pastor, has been named the interim pastor at Fullerton.
The church has formed a search committee to look for a replacement pastor, according to congregant Janice Blair.
Must be the newspaper assuming
tcnr

Williamsport, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Just to set the record straight, the newspaper did not assume anything. The facts are that some SDA Pastors are calling themselves Reverend now. My wife works in an SDA Hospital, and the head Chaplain of Adventist Healthcare is calling himself Reverend, and also is applying that name to other SDA Chaplains.

As far a calling themselves Father in the future, what does it matter? Reverend means Father, they are already assuming that title. Also if you do a little study into what is required of Adventist Chaplains to learn, in order to serve, you might just find yourself walking out the door of this church, weren't it for the commission the Lord gave us to be WATCHMAN on the walls of ZION.
yoyo7th

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 24, 2011
 
and he urged the church to "push the agenda of God" and "go into your neighborhood and make your God sound great."

How often did he do that himself?

How often did he lead any outreach?

More cliche lip service.

I have shared how SDA can outreach at ZERO cost to hundreds or thousands yet... the SDA leaders are clueless selfish phonies.
Elaine

Sylvan Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 11, 2012
 
yoyo7th wrote:
and he urged the church to "push the agenda of God" and "go into your neighborhood and make your God sound great."
How often did he do that himself?
How often did he lead any outreach?
More cliche lip service.
I have shared how SDA can outreach at ZERO cost to hundreds or thousands yet... the SDA leaders are clueless selfish phonies.
Look I understand there are quite a few SDA "phonies."
I myself have left the church due to disagreement with certain doctrines. However there are still some within the church that are true Christians. The Singhs are an example of such people. He was a strong leader and follower of Christ.
He was my pastor for 13 years prior to leading at Fullerton. I assure you, the words "cliche lip service" don't belong anywhere near his name. Every week his sermon illustrations were filled with the love of Christ. He and his wife both were very active in our community. They led out in various outreach activities on a regular basis.
They both are very loving, humble and genuine people. They are probably the most sincere people I know. He is a wise counselor and has helped my family through a myriad of troubles in the past.

I would watch my tongue to not make any assumptions about someone. Especially if one does not know them personally.(James 3)

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 11, 2012
 
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I understand there are quite a few SDA "phonies."
I myself have left the church due to disagreement with certain doctrines. However there are still some within the church that are true Christians. The Singhs are an example of such people. He was a strong leader and follower of Christ.
He was my pastor for 13 years prior to leading at Fullerton. I assure you, the words "cliche lip service" don't belong anywhere near his name. Every week his sermon illustrations were filled with the love of Christ. He and his wife both were very active in our community. They led out in various outreach activities on a regular basis.
They both are very loving, humble and genuine people. They are probably the most sincere people I know. He is a wise counselor and has helped my family through a myriad of troubles in the past.
I would watch my tongue to not make any assumptions about someone. Especially if one does not know them personally.(James 3)
Good counsel, Elaine. There is also, Phil. 4:8
GetaLifeApostate OldBagNut

Newton Center, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

"Especially if one does not know them personally."
-We know all we need to know about grammy and her ilk here

Phil 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
and the opposite is true as well, as in, "Whatever is Pure BULLSHEET APOSTASY or just plain retarded, post not such things"

“Adonai / Ha Mashiach Yeshua ”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GetaLifeApostateOldBagNut wrote:
"Especially if one does not know them personally."
-We know all we need to know about grammy and her ilk here
Phil 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
and the opposite is true as well, as in, "Whatever is Pure BULLSHEET APOSTASY or just plain retarded, post not such things"
Seriously,leave her alone,quit following her around from post to post harrassing her and going as far as insulting her through your user name? Stop it!

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 11, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously,leave her alone,quit following her around from post to post harrassing her and going as far as insulting her through your user name? Stop it!
He somehow fails to understand or comprehend Phil. 4:8. Don't worry friend, he's not even a minor annoyance to me, and obviously is a crass unintelligent person to be pitied.
Pioneer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 12, 2012
 
tcnr wrote:
Just to set the record straight, the newspaper did not assume anything. The facts are that some SDA Pastors are calling themselves Reverend now. My wife works in an SDA Hospital, and the head Chaplain of Adventist Healthcare is calling himself Reverend, and also is applying that name to other SDA Chaplains.
As far a calling themselves Father in the future, what does it matter? Reverend means Father, they are already assuming that title. Also if you do a little study into what is required of Adventist Chaplains to learn, in order to serve, you might just find yourself walking out the door of this church, weren't it for the commission the Lord gave us to be WATCHMAN on the walls of ZION.
But unfortunately many are Laodicean, so deeply deceived like birdman who actually believes the lies he has fostered for so long, like the church is going through and that ship will save him.

Else wise when he has admitted the church is in Apostasy why then not follow your Savior and depart sin/Iniquity/Apostasy?
Pioneer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 12, 2012
 
Elaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I understand there are quite a few SDA "phonies."
I myself have left the church due to disagreement with certain doctrines. However there are still some within the church that are true Christians. The Singhs are an example of such people. He was a strong leader and follower of Christ.
He was my pastor for 13 years prior to leading at Fullerton. I assure you, the words "cliche lip service" don't belong anywhere near his name. Every week his sermon illustrations were filled with the love of Christ. He and his wife both were very active in our community. They led out in various outreach activities on a regular basis.
They both are very loving, humble and genuine people. They are probably the most sincere people I know. He is a wise counselor and has helped my family through a myriad of troubles in the past.
I would watch my tongue to not make any assumptions about someone. Especially if one does not know them personally.(James 3)
Don't you know that, that phony love gospel is not the true Everlasting Gospel, you can get the love gospel joining any church.

God says these people he will not claim as His and they are people of the love gospel..... 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So Elaine what false doctrines were the reason you left the SDA church?
birdman

Shelbyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 12, 2012
 
Pioneer wrote:
<quoted text>
But unfortunately many are Laodicean, so deeply deceived like birdman who actually believes the lies he has fostered for so long, like the church is going through and that ship will save him.
Else wise when he has admitted the church is in Apostasy why then not follow your Savior and depart sin/Iniquity/Apostasy?
Telling lies again and I see no ALF has answered questions yet.

I would depart if I were you [glad I'm not] from that cULT YOU ARE IN CALLED ALF.
birdman

Shelbyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 12, 2012
 
Pioneer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know that, that phony love gospel is not the true Everlasting Gospel, you can get the love gospel joining any church.
God says these people he will not claim as His and they are people of the love gospel..... 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
So Elaine what false doctrines were the reason you left the SDA church?
Now here is a CULT person TRYING to teach Bible.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 12, 2012
 
Pioneer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know that, that phony love gospel is not the true Everlasting Gospel, you can get the love gospel joining any church.
God says these people he will not claim as His and they are people of the love gospel..... 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
So Elaine what false doctrines were the reason you left the SDA church?
Funny! When Jesus was on earth He taught the Love Gospel. His teachings were of a gospel based on love and faith, not on lawkeeping, and CERTAINLY NOT a "gospel" where sabbathkeeping was at the core. Puhleeze!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent La Sierra University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
la Sierra University: Employees' case dismissed Mar '14 Buck Jackson 2
Adventist University Names New Center for Alleg... (Feb '13) Feb '13 DANNO 2
La Sierra says resignation of biology professor... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Shubee 10
Creation vs. evolution debate at La Sierra Univ... (Apr '11) May '11 greymouser 6
On Vietnamese restaurant menu, KU researcher di... (Dec '10) Dec '10 nguoi viet uk 1
New lizard species discovered...on a menu in Vi... (Nov '10) Nov '10 NVN777 2
New Self-Cloning Lizard Found in Vietnam Restau... (Nov '10) Nov '10 nguoi viet uk 1

Search the La Sierra University Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••