Students protest in London

Students protest in London

There are 128 comments on the The Cyprus Weekly story from Dec 9, 2010, titled Students protest in London. In it, The Cyprus Weekly reports that:

LONDON a ' Police with riot shields held off angry student protesters marching to London's Parliament Square on Thursday as lawmakers debated a controversial plan to triple university tuition fees in England.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cyprus Weekly.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Tory MP Ebenezer Scrooge

Brighton, UK

#127 Dec 13, 2010
nutter alert wrote:
yes, that riot was FULL of poor workers, like Charlie Gilmore. and stop giving your own posts good judgements, no-one else thinks you are clever or funny.
Charlie Gilmore did not know he was doing as he was on LSD.The rest of these scum rioters were vermin from the underclass and working classes , who will not be educated thanks to Conservative policies.
Now we must continue to enrich our precious corporate bankers and trustworthy politicians, and support our heroes in Afghanistan ( i dont want to see sales down in the military hatdware companies i own)
You seem to want to undermine a noble and grand fellow, you are exactly the kind of specimen that must be excluided from society, without education ,and hounded and harassed by our boobies, so you will be perpetually in a mess.
Street scum alert

Daventry, UK

#128 Dec 13, 2010
Tory MP Ebenezer Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Charlie Gilmore did not know he was doing as he was on LSD.The rest of these scum rioters were vermin from the underclass and working classes , who will not be educated thanks to Conservative policies.
Now we must continue to enrich our precious corporate bankers and trustworthy politicians, and support our heroes in Afghanistan ( i dont want to see sales down in the military hatdware companies i own)
You seem to want to undermine a noble and grand fellow, you are exactly the kind of specimen that must be excluided from society, without education ,and hounded and harassed by our boobies, so you will be perpetually in a mess.
warning! street scum posting here!
Rick Rogers

Long Beach, CA

#129 Dec 14, 2010
It is so sad to see so many unparented, uncivilized Trash doing so much damage to London.

“Oncologist”

Since: Dec 10

Central London

#130 Dec 15, 2010
I see where even the majority of Labour Back Bencher's are in agreeance that Ed Miliband seems totally out of his depth at question time. A pity. His elder brother has a gift of the gab that Ed does not possess.
Anne Hunt wrote:
And clearly a competent one, too! That's if always destroying his opposite number, Red Ed, at question time amounts to anything.
<quoted text>
Anonymous

Braintree, UK

#131 Dec 15, 2010
Please add me 3997-2512-5298 name LUCAS TOWN TURRIFF
PCpoodlePartyPoo per

Bolton, UK

#132 Dec 15, 2010
DrHarley wrote:
I see where even the majority of Labour Back Bencher's are in agreeance that Ed Miliband seems totally out of his depth at question time. A pity. His elder brother has a gift of the gab that Ed does not possess.
<quoted text>
both of the crookedmouthedMiliband brothers are New Labour Tories. Labour need to have leaders with true Labour values, not these Tony Bliar clones
Seth Adams

Long Beach, CA

#133 Dec 27, 2010
PCpoodlePartyPooper wrote:
<quoted text>
both of the crookedmouthedMiliband brothers are New Labour Tories. Labour need to have leaders with true Labour values, not these Tony Bliar clones
You can stand tall and look your children in the eyes by being compassionate enough to understand that the Cuts were the ONLY option.

It Brits didn't "man up" and make the CUTS England would end up as pitiful and pathetic as what is left of California or Greece.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#134 Dec 27, 2010
Seth Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stand tall and look your children in the eyes by being compassionate enough to understand that the Cuts were the ONLY option.
It Brits didn't "man up" and make the CUTS England would end up as pitiful and pathetic as what is left of California or Greece.
It's the English students that are having to cough up not the Scots or Welsh,if it was the other way round the anti racist brigade would be out..
But i agree with you about cuts..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kings College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New scanning methods could help predict people ... (May '15) May '15 HumanSpirit 1
News Charlotte-based journalist investigates big-nam... (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
News Borderline views: Promoting UK-Israel scientifi... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Zioni 6
News Taylor evangelised and fell in love in Uganda (Jan '14) Jan '14 tosquer 2
News Israel troubled by Russia's plans to help Iran (Sep '13) Sep '13 American Israeli ... 1
News Al-Qaida Arm In Yemen Flexes Its Muscles In Nig... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Anonymous 1
News Prof. Senteza Kajubi is dead (May '12) May '12 Muhando ben 1