Students protest in London

Students protest in London

There are 128 comments on the The Cyprus Weekly story from Dec 9, 2010, titled Students protest in London. In it, The Cyprus Weekly reports that:

LONDON a ' Police with riot shields held off angry student protesters marching to London's Parliament Square on Thursday as lawmakers debated a controversial plan to triple university tuition fees in England.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cyprus Weekly.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#23 Dec 9, 2010
Comrade lower.
My views are unfortunately different from that of you for which I have no regrets.

I a non-violent guy in this forum wish to expose the BARBARIANS who uphold the system that you and my poor self endure.

Xycd
No comments except a drop of tears from eyes.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#24 Dec 9, 2010
My heart is with those students who wish to follow non-violence.
I wish all the students around the globe support the students who
have decent non-violent fantacy.

I adore all the parents as well..

Excuse me please.

I am not German
Cliffs of Dover

United States

#25 Dec 9, 2010
lower wrote:
<quoted text>what you feel is call class envy, it's also called reverse snobbishness, it came from a lower class thinking mentality where people expect everything for free and easy, this is why gambling places do well near inner cities, because people want instant useless gratification vrs long lasting hard earn rewards.
overpopulation is ruining the world
Agreed. Overpopulation cannot be addressed too soon. It will be one of the most if not THE MOST pressing issue of this century.

Since: Dec 09

Northampton, UK

#26 Dec 10, 2010
The violent protestors should be identified and refused access to university education, existing students should be expelled and any university staff sacked.

Education costs and students should not expect their first few booze fuelled years to be funded by me and other tax payers.

I talk from experience, I have seen these kids leave home for the first time and go wild drinking subsidised pints in the Students Union and acting like complete idiots.

Everyone has the right to drink and act like a idiot, but they should fund it themselves.
amp

Moscow, Russia

#28 Dec 10, 2010
I think that government should pay for real geniuses but not for mediocre students. This will inspire students to study better.

Blunt Mocker

Durrington, UK

#29 Dec 10, 2010
very true, Barry and Amp. the violent students should be expelled and fined, and also, the ones arrested should be chain-ganged and forced to clean their mess up. Any foreigners arrested or identified should be deported as soon as possible.

“so like uhh! whats the deal?”

Since: May 09

planet earth.

#30 Dec 10, 2010
lower wrote:
<quoted text>what you feel is call class envy, it's also called reverse snobbishness, it came from a lower class thinking mentality where people expect everything for free and easy, this is why gambling places do well near inner cities, because people want instant useless gratification vrs long lasting hard earn rewards.
overpopulation is ruining the world
Well seeing how all you achievers have everything in hand you wont mind fking off to war to fight to protect your investments then will you?
I mean its only fair! you boast you made it all, you should fight and die to maintain your sudo moralistic world where poor people are the whole trouble and only good for fighting and dying for your good bozo!
the world is growing up and awakening to people like you and your world is narrowing in on you so fast its making your head spin.
Aaron

Plymouth, UK

#31 Dec 10, 2010
lower wrote:
why this students demand so much, nothing is free, they assume the whole world have to work for free so they can have an education, they don't understand the chain of people involved in educating them, from the bus driver to the ink maker to the school staff, the teacher to the sandwich maker,to the taxpayers, everybody help into providing them with education nothing came for free, everybody deserve to be pay.
don't give them anything, this are nothing but ungrateful angry people who take their frustrations on others.
teach them how the economy works.
And if they are not going to University who will feed the chain of now unemployed people??
Robert

Bronx, NY

#32 Dec 10, 2010
Here is another matter that has not received much media attention;

http://ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

May God bless and have mercy on us.
Tory MP Ebenezer Scrooge

Romford, UK

#33 Dec 10, 2010
Pov wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, exactly. These are the same regular militant anarchists that show up at any and all events, where they can attack "the system". Anti-capitalist, anti-war (ironic), UAF events ect all see the same mob.
Yes these despicable poor students are as you descibe. We must make sure that we relegate these beastly wretches to prison status or summoned to hospital by 'our bobbies' truncheons.
We must make sure that we squeeze every last drop of money from the poor to help pay for the unfortunate losses suffered by our blessed corporate bankers, and to help increase the wages and benefits for our very honest and trustworthy politicians, who bailed out our pet bankers.
Now, i was appalled at the violence at yesterday's riot by these des[picable scroungers, but was soothed to the soul to watch the many images of 'our bobbies' beating the hell out of protesters.
I was very upset to see Prince Charles and Camilla Parkyerballs being attacked by these vermin, it must have been exteremely distressful.
crusty scum alert

Durrington, UK

#34 Dec 10, 2010
Tory MP Ebenezer Scrooge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes these despicable poor students are as you descibe. We must make sure that we relegate these beastly wretches to prison status or summoned to hospital by 'our bobbies' truncheons.
We must make sure that we squeeze every last drop of money from the poor to help pay for the unfortunate losses suffered by our blessed corporate bankers, and to help increase the wages and benefits for our very honest and trustworthy politicians, who bailed out our pet bankers.
Now, i was appalled at the violence at yesterday's riot by these des[picable scroungers, but was soothed to the soul to watch the many images of 'our bobbies' beating the hell out of protesters.
I was very upset to see Prince Charles and Camilla Parkyerballs being attacked by these vermin, it must have been exteremely distressful.
who let this specimen out?

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

#35 Dec 10, 2010
paul sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>Well seeing how all you achievers have everything in hand you wont mind fking off to war to fight to protect your investments then will you?
I mean its only fair! you boast you made it all, you should fight and die to maintain your sudo moralistic world where poor people are the whole trouble and only good for fighting and dying for your good bozo!
the world is growing up and awakening to people like you and your world is narrowing in on you so fast its making your head spin.
Off to war?been there and done it(68-70),have you?,didn't think so.Most of the liberals in my country ran off to Canada(Bill Clinton for one)than had enough gall to protest anginst our goverment and the people that gave their all.Typical lefty liberals,flap their lips and than run away.Many good men and women died so liberals like you can spew your gutless"feel good" liberal views.Fight and die for what I EARNED?, you bet I would,I would fight and die to protect my country unlike you and your kind.Do you want to know what is fair?.It is fair that people work for what they want in life and not live off the ones that worked their butts off just to give it away to the ones that think that they are owed a living,are you one of them? You are right (almost)about one thing,the world has awaken,it has awaken to how liberal,socilist thinking has ruined every country it has been tried in.If anybody's head is going to spin it will be yours and the people like you. Hang in there,it is going to be a wild ride for you and your comrades,just saying.BTY: I still would fight for your freedom of free speech,even if I don't agree with you,would you do the same for mine?

maddog2008

Rochester, NY

#36 Dec 10, 2010
crusty scum alert wrote:
<quoted text>who let this specimen out?
Not me,we have too many like him in my country,please keep him in yours,thanks.
Tory MP Ebenezer Scrooge

UK

#37 Dec 10, 2010
crusty scum alert wrote:
<quoted text>who let this specimen out?
Do you mean, who let these despicable 'poor students' out, to run riot?
This is a question we need to examine closely.

Education must only be for rich kind gentlemen. And i also think popstars should only be from very similar privilleged backgrounds, that will support government policies and never protest againsst it. We are now having a very good filter system in order for proper control of music content.
There must be no antiwar anticapitalist, anti Conservative songs.

planet earth.

#38 Dec 10, 2010
maddog2008 wrote:
<quoted text>Off to war?been there and done it(68-70),have you?,didn't think so.Most of the liberals in my country ran off to Canada(Bill Clinton for one)than had enough gall to protest anginst our goverment and the people that gave their all.Typical lefty liberals,flap their lips and than run away.Many good men and women died so liberals like you can spew your gutless"feel good" liberal views.Fight and die for what I EARNED?, you bet I would,I would fight and die to protect my country unlike you and your kind.Do you want to know what is fair?.It is fair that people work for what they want in life and not live off the ones that worked their butts off just to give it away to the ones that think that they are owed a living,are you one of them? You are right (almost)about one thing,the world has awaken,it has awaken to how liberal,socilist thinking has ruined every country it has been tried in.If anybody's head is going to spin it will be yours and the people like you. Hang in there,it is going to be a wild ride for you and your comrades,just saying.BTY: I still would fight for your freedom of free speech,even if I don't agree with you,would you do the same for mine?
Liberal? kiss my arse! my country is being taken over by all and sunder while the boys fighting the wars and are discharged are dumped on the streets by the government!
Dont preach to me about fighting either, Our community's are being fkd up by Pakistani drug dealers while liberals talk shit about 'unity' while they
(pakistani's) lock themselves away taking over towns and generally hating us because of some fked up idea about how we owe them?
Given a chance to vote i'd vote for an invasion of Pakistan and give it to them tight,then id throw all the bigmouths out, and! imprison the rapists,drug dealers and Pakistani conmen for the rest of their natural, Dont call me a liberal, the worlds not that simple.
Most of my family have been to war yank and some are not here now, just so we can give away our country to idiots and freaks from abroad, the very same freaks we are fighting at that!
My point was if they are so smart all these "learned intellectuals" then why the fk is our country in such a state?
Let these pricks do the fighting and dying for a change!
If they want this country partitioned by freaks then let them get the kit on and fuck off and fight them abroad!
Maybe then they will appreciate why we don't want them.

A policeman over here makes twice the wage of a soldier and gets all the benefits to serve and protect Islamic scum-bags(not that i think they enjoy that!) while our soldiers have the job of shooting the pricks, this country is a fking mess because of Liberals.

You got he wrong end of the stick! Im 46 and if i thought they would let me rejoin i'd be there already,so fk you!

maddog2008

Rochester, NY

#39 Dec 10, 2010
paul sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>Liberal? kiss my arse! my country is being taken over by all and sunder while the boys fighting the wars and are discharged are dumped on the streets by the government!
Dont preach to me about fighting either, Our community's are being fkd up by Pakistani drug dealers while liberals talk shit about 'unity' while they
(pakistani's) lock themselves away taking over towns and generally hating us because of some fked up idea about how we owe them?
Given a chance to vote i'd vote for an invasion of Pakistan and give it to them tight,then id throw all the bigmouths out, and! imprison the rapists,drug dealers and Pakistani conmen for the rest of their natural, Dont call me a liberal, the worlds not that simple.
Most of my family have been to war yank and some are not here now, just so we can give away our country to idiots and freaks from abroad, the very same freaks we are fighting at that!
My point was if they are so smart all these "learned intellectuals" then why the fk is our country in such a state?
If they want this country partitioned by freaks then let them get the kit on and fuck off and fight them abroad!
A policeman over here makes twice the wage of a soldier and gets all the benefits to serve and protect Islamic scum-bags(not that i think they enjoy that!) while our soldiers have the job of shooting the pricks, this country is a fking mess because of Liberals.
You got he wrong end of the stick! Im 46 and if i thought they would let me rejoin i'd be there already,so fk you!
I'll stand down on the liberalpart of my post.Sounds like we both have the same views and the same problems in our counties.The way your post read was like you wanted a free ride for the students and the lowlifes,maybe I read it wrong,sorry.Say thanks to your family members for their service to their country,everyone that served should be thanked.We are having the left wing liberals in control here now(not for long) and they want to let all of the illegals stay here and make the taxpayers pay their way,even for their college.It is things like this that fires me up to a point that I would like to move to another country.So let me ask you a question,does the fk you still stand?? Stay safe.

planet earth.

#40 Dec 10, 2010
maddog2008 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll stand down on the liberalpart of my post.Sounds like we both have the same views and the same problems in our counties.The way your post read was like you wanted a free ride for the students and the lowlifes,maybe I read it wrong,sorry.Say thanks to your family members for their service to their country,everyone that served should be thanked.We are having the left wing liberals in control here now(not for long) and they want to let all of the illegals stay here and make the taxpayers pay their way,even for their college.It is things like this that fires me up to a point that I would like to move to another country.So let me ask you a question,does the fk you still stand?? Stay safe.
Thanks for your reply, no i retract the 'fk you' thing (sorry about that i can be a hothead),I'm right there with you, i just feel it would be best to educate our own in our country rather than people who generally despise us and our way of life.
I dont think we should be training these double dealing azzholes abroad and arming them, its bullshit! they will never be on our side we are diametrically opposed societys.
pantomime cow

UK

#41 Dec 10, 2010
Is smashing a couple of treasury windows and shoving a few coppers in any way 'revolutionary'?.
A large majority of these so-called 'protestors' will go on to become successful politicians, banker scum, council snoopers, pen-pushers, journalists, luvvies and general elitist f*cks. Deep down they know this because of their current claims that a dumbed down 'degree' gives them some sort of 'entitlement' in life that demands a position of respect without it being earned.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#42 Dec 10, 2010
paul sinclair wrote:
<quoted text>Liberal? kiss my arse! my country is being taken over by all and sunder while the boys fighting the wars and are discharged are dumped on the streets by the government!
I like and agree with your post...
Personally i think the students of England have a point to a degree, when you think in Scotland and so on they have it free and just because your English your getting penalised and having to cough up more..If it had been anyone else the poxy your a racist brigade would be out..
My son has to pay for his course but some bloody foreigner in his class doe's not,makes me want to vomit..
"But" if these students want to start a riot then they should be hit with plastic bullets like in NI.
UKPhillie

Milton Keynes, UK

#43 Dec 10, 2010
If students are so skint, then why do I see them drinking daily in my city centre? I used to live with students, how could they afford all that pot? Disregarding the fees, university is too easy to get into anyway. And most students at the 75% micky mouse university's in this country get taxpayers help to get a 'degree' in something so trivial such as Parapsychology, which is the study of the feelings of ghosts ffs. Staffordshire uni even have a degree called David Beckham studies. If people think they can insult the taxpayers of this country by getting a free 3 year ride for such worthless crap such as this and expect public sympathy they have another thing coming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kings College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New scanning methods could help predict people ... (May '15) May '15 HumanSpirit 1
News Charlotte-based journalist investigates big-nam... (May '15) May '15 Tazo 1
News Borderline views: Promoting UK-Israel scientifi... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Zioni 6
News Taylor evangelised and fell in love in Uganda (Jan '14) Jan '14 tosquer 2
News Israel troubled by Russia's plans to help Iran (Sep '13) Sep '13 American Israeli ... 1
News Al-Qaida Arm In Yemen Flexes Its Muscles In Nig... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Anonymous 1
News Prof. Senteza Kajubi is dead (May '12) May '12 Muhando ben 1
More from around the web