U.S. beer drinkers could toast Anheuser takeover

Jul 14, 2008 Full story: www.reuters.com 14

Beer drinkers could reap some unexpected short-term benefits as Anheuser-Busch's "King of Beers" becomes a vassal in a much larger empire run by Belgium's InBev.

Full Story
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jul 15, 2008
One more American institution that sold out to foreigners.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 15, 2008
Maybe, the price of imported beer will go down.

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#3 Jul 15, 2008
I am beginning to think the whole country is going to be owned by foreigners and they will probably fire all of us and deport us. I am so sick of these foreigners buying up our comapnies. Most of the supermarkets are now owned by foreigners, many of our large building, and next the government buildings in Washington will be sold and we will have to lease them back until our government collaspes. If we dont get a handle on this country's assets, we will an endangered species in the world. We have the most incompetent people running our government and we elected these incompetent rectums. It is time to throw them out. I will have to order Sam Adams when I want a beer, They will be in business until these mega brewers run them out by buying all of the ingerdients that they use in beer. How many more before the idiots out there vote them out.
Masshole

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jul 15, 2008
Wake up USA, you had better start panicking now! While there's still time!

I will be here drinking some Hoegaarden if you need me.
markedison

United States

#5 Jul 15, 2008
I agree with mike.When John handcock Insurance co.
sold out to a Canadian company,I sold all of my stock in J.H. Maybe everyone should do the same with A.B.
bosco

Tallahassee, FL

#6 Jul 15, 2008
My AB beer drinking days are over. This bud's no longer for me.

“Hopeless Utopian Lands @ Topix”

Since: Jul 08

Klodawa, Poland

#7 Jul 15, 2008
Beer drinkers of the world, SOUND OFF! www.x-beers.com -- while AB is still an American brand!
GreenGreens

Pleasantville, NY

#8 Jul 15, 2008
Wake up USA wrote:
I am beginning to think the whole country is going to be owned by foreigners and they will probably fire all of us and deport us. I am so sick of these foreigners buying up our comapnies. Most of the supermarkets are now owned by foreigners, many of our large building, and next the government buildings in Washington will be sold and we will have to lease them back until our government collaspes. If we dont get a handle on this country's assets, we will an endangered species in the world. We have the most incompetent people running our government and we elected these incompetent rectums. It is time to throw them out. I will have to order Sam Adams when I want a beer, They will be in business until these mega brewers run them out by buying all of the ingerdients that they use in beer. How many more before the idiots out there vote them out.
I agree completely with the second part of your comment,but not so much the first.Foreigners "buy up America" because we're selling it to the highest bidder.Port security,airplane inspections things that insure our safety are being sold to someone else.Even the building of U.S military equipment was being offered to foreign builders.It makes NO SENCE!!
I can't understand the logic of Dubai being the boss in charge of port security??..I'm more pissed that America is selling itself off then who's buying.
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

#9 Jul 15, 2008
All those fist-pumping, flag waving, patriotic Bud drinkers could have united, pooled their investments and challenged the Danes. But apparently that was all cheap talk, no action. So why do we have to listen to all the griping in the first place.
DDT

Ocean Park, ME

#10 Jul 15, 2008
....Oh "Yes" I Sure Will.....And how!........

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#11 Jul 15, 2008
The NY Times had an article on the deal and a pdf on the Modelo (Corona beer) and A.B agreements. If InBev thinks they get the 50% of Corona they are wrong.
Also, the guy who probably got the Busch family to capitulate is none other than Warren Buffet whose Hathaway has a sizeable chunk of AB stock.
Guess who

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Jul 15, 2008
Mike wrote:
One more American institution that sold out to foreigners.
Bud for a good Belch....
Guess who

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Jul 15, 2008
The King of Beer's must be He-brew....
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#14 Jul 15, 2008
too droll to troll wrote:
The NY Times had an article on the deal and a pdf on the Modelo (Corona beer) and A.B agreements. If InBev thinks they get the 50% of Corona they are wrong.
Also, the guy who probably got the Busch family to capitulate is none other than Warren Buffet whose Hathaway has a sizeable chunk of AB stock.
That says alot right there! Short term profit over long term stability. Greed is going to kill this entire country one company at a time. I'll be switching to Anchor Steam...American through and through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Slain Chicago Student Remembered (Feb '14) Feb '14 reality is a cru... 1
Private Bristol high school closes: The Academy... (Mar '13) Apr '13 tmw65 3
2 held for questioning in Hadiya Pendleton's sl... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Cat74 3
Confirmed: Michelle Obama Will Attend Hadiya Pe... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Awilda Santos 4
Hadiyah Pendleton Shot Dead in Chicago - 15 Yea... (Jan '13) Feb '13 National Whistleb... 2
Student who participated in inauguration festiv... (Jan '13) Feb '13 barefoot2626 136
Hurting for Hadiya (Feb '13) Feb '13 reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web