Nation wakes to the dream

Jan 19, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Courierpress.com

The Baptist Ministers and Deacons Alliance annually pays tribute to Martin Luther King Jr., with the oldest local tribute to the civil rights pioneer.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 26, 2011
MLK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Judged:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Obama sure as hell wasn't judged by his character (or lack thereof), but rode in on white guilt and the concept of positive discrimination.

The dream is dead. Martin Luther King's ideals have been discarded for the cult of victimhood and entitlement.
I Have A Dream

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Judged:

I have a Dream!

I have a dream where I can:
drive down the road and not hear a boom box blastin

walk by a brick wall and not see graffiti

where the only HIP HOP happening is done by rabbits in a field

where everyone wears pants that actually fit

the only underwear I have to look at is behind closed doors

where English is spoken correctly and not some made up slang version

where real Gangsters get fed up and takeout the "Gangsta" wannabees

when the schools learn that it is ALL history

tune into AET American Entertainment Television

have a United Student College Fund

where we are all just American Americans

Then I woke up!
Hey if we all stop segregating ourselves maybe we can all be united.

GET IT!

Pass this along to all your friends. Maybe we can start a REAL movement!
2709ner

Boonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

i wander if miss Christian, and mr Newsom would be as exited about our new chief ck knoxville murders fools!
tellmemore

Elberfeld, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

MLK stated in his famous speach that he had a dream of where black folks would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

MLK dream has become reality because black folks are being judged by the content of their character in such a manner as never before.
Obama mostly white arab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2009

You mean nightmare! How about a dream where we can elect a president from experience and not elect a president who is an empty shell solely by the color of his skin.

Electing a president by his skin color showing us racism will never end!
ARE YOU ALL THAT SLOW

Huntingburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

Judged:

Let me get this straight? The Presidential office has been in effect for 222 years and Obama is the first NON-WHITE to have EVER held the office. Since he did win it couldn't have possibly have been on merit but because of his being brown?
I have a dream of a country that would never subjugate an entire race of people into slavery and perpetuate the process for over 300 years
I have a dream of a country that doesn't create a "constitution" declared that all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with the INALIENABLE RIGHTS OF LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, while simultaneously allowing institutional and governmental slavery.
I have a dream of a country that would never allow a 3/5s law. That states that white slave owners to count 3 out of every 5 slaves owned as one whole person.
I have a dream of a country that wouldn't let such heinous crimes such as the brutal murder of 14 yr old Emmett Till, who was tortured so much so that his own mother couldn't identify him. When Mississippi decides to pretend to hold a trial against the two white, grown men (who bragged endlessly of their acts) they would have actually received sentences and not been found NOT GUILTY!
I have a dream of a country that wouldn't have such an issue with HATRED, RACISM, INTOLERANCE, DISCRIMINATION, LYNCHINGS, STEALING LAND, FORCING PEOPLE ON RESERVATIONS,BURNING WOMEN ACCUSED OF WITCH CRAFT AT THE STAKE, WRITING PEOPLE OUT OF HISTORY BOOKS, TV SHOWS AND CLASSIC MOVIES WHERE THE ONLY NON WHITE CHARACTERS ARE CRIMINALS.
I have a dream that when speaking to my Brazilian friend about living in Evansville that he considered segregation for no other reason than the fact that when he isn't around white people he isn't made to feel like less of a person. I have a dream that in regards to my dislike for segregation I completely understood where he was coming from.
I dream of a country that doesn't mistreat women,physically & mentally disabled, elderly, gays, non christian, Muslims, Jewish people, black people, Asians, Latino's & veterans. Then in the name of progress try to create programs to include those once EXCLUDED in the workforce, housing, education etc WOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE BEEN CREATED!
I HAVE A DREAM THAT YOU WHO TAKE WHITE PRIVILEGE FOR GRANTED COULD LIVE JUST 1 YEAR IN THE SHOES OF SOMEONE WHO IS NOT WHITE. TO LIVE WITH THE FEAR OF POLICE HARASSMENT AND THE ASSUMPTION OF GUILT BASED ON NOTHING MORE THAN YOUR RACE.
I HAVE A DREAM THAT MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT THE RICH 1% CONSIDER YOU TO BE JUST AS WORTHLESS AS THE ONE'S YOU LOVE TO HATE. THEY USE THE STEREOTYPES TO PREOCCUPY YOU. AT THE END OF THE DAY THE ONLY COLOR THAT TRULY MATTERS TO THOSE WITH MONEY AND POWER IS GREEN.
I HAVE A DREAM YOU FOOLS WILL WAKE UP AND REALIZE THAT IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE PROGRAMS IN PLACE TO HELP ENSURE MINORITIES GET A FAIR CHANCE,(THAT YOU WHITES WOULD NOT ONLY EXPECT BUT DEMAND)HAD YOU NOT REFUSED EQUALITY FOR CENTURIES IT WOULDN'T BE A NECESSITY NOW. THEREFORE YOU ONLY HAVE YOURSELVES TO THANK. DEAL WITH IT!
ghost

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2011

Bush got elected cuz he's an oil-rich cracker

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Johnson C. Smith University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
@PaigesofaBook: We play Johnson C. Smith Univer... (Jan '13) Jan '13 ret1173 1
Family seeks missing Concord teen (Feb '12) Feb '12 bite me 1
Women sold as sex slaves from house in north Ch... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Disgusting 1
Chet Grimsley, "White Golden Bull" writes on da... (Jan '11) Jan '11 M Hill and friend... 1
A day to listen, a day to speak up (Jan '11) Jan '11 Share 1
Events planned to honor King's legacy as White ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Rita 2
New Bern woman had vision for blacks in South (Oct '10) Oct '10 Big Boy 1

Search the Johnson C. Smith University Forum:
•••