DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated, Scien...

DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated, Scientists Show

There are 21 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from Aug 19, 2009, titled DNA Evidence Can Be Fabricated, Scientists Show. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

Scientists in Israel have demonstrated that it is possible to fabricate DNA evidence , undermining the credibility of what has been considered the gold standard of proof in criminal cases.

The scientists fabricated blood and saliva samples containing DNA from a person other than the donor of the blood and saliva. They also showed that if they had access to a DNA profile in a database, they could construct a sample of DNA to match that profile without obtaining any tissue from that person.

“You can just engineer a crime scene,” said Dan Frumkin, lead author of the paper, which has been published online by the journal Forensic Science International: Genetics. “Any biology undergraduate could perform this.”

Editors Note: And these are the people who want you to believe that they are the proven biblical Jews via their DNA testing?? I bet they "know" that you will not be able to put two and two together in your heads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Andrea

Janesville, WI

#1 Aug 20, 2009
That's quite disturbing. Makes one wonder if there are people serving time, and being put to death, because of some else's ingenuity.
Casual Observer

Glenolden, PA

#3 Aug 20, 2009
Or squatting in Palestine despite the fact that they have no historical presence in the region?
Pere du Champ

Vinton, VA

#4 Aug 20, 2009
Any mention of Israel and you neo-Nazis crawl out of the woodwork to spew it.

DNA tests done by scientists to investigate human ancestry and relationships could then be fabricated... as could any scientific evidence. BUT... the test for science is: Can it be replicated? Different researchers have repeated genome analyses in many regions, and usually gotten the same results as prior tests.

Genome and genetic research is in its infancy, really, so expect that the science will be refined in coming decades. Do not accept every allele you read about in an article as gospel truth YET. But the picture is accumulating, errors are revealed and rejected, and we do have a picture of the genome of humanity through time.

You cannot claim that a cabal of Zionists manipulated the genetic data to say who are the Berbers or the Indians or the Chinese or whoever. Let's not be paranoid little NAZIS here, folks...

Although I know many of you have serious Nazi proclivities, in which case you should consider this fate:

http://video.google.com/videosearch... #
Casual Observer

Glenolden, PA

#5 Aug 20, 2009
Pere du Champ wrote:
Any mention of Israel and you neo-Nazis crawl out of the woodwork to spew it.
Any mention of Israeli atrocities and you zionazi scumbags come sleazing out of your welfare hovels.
Trufax

Tinley Park, IL

#6 Aug 20, 2009
A great deal of criminal forensics has been shown to be bunk science or worthless. Prosecutors have made such effective use of it because the masses are wowed by CSI style science and take it as gospel.
Sojourner

Tempe, AZ

#7 Aug 20, 2009
I've got a better idea. Cops can switch samples. That's what they tried to do to O.J., but they mishandled the evidence and, quietly, afterwards they had to revamp the entire FBI and California crime labs.

Since: May 08

Stockholm

#10 Aug 20, 2009
I wonder how many will even care about that...
Andrea

Kinsman, IL

#11 Aug 20, 2009
Trufax wrote:
A great deal of criminal forensics has been shown to be bunk science or worthless. Prosecutors have made such effective use of it because the masses are wowed by CSI style science and take it as gospel.
I agree. I have relatives in law enforcement who have admitted that they don't have even half the technology the CSI shows pretend exists. But many people who are not in law enforcement believe that they do, which undoubtedly helps prosecutors make names for themselves. Winning cases=political future.
souljatruth

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Aug 20, 2009
I already knew this. This is why I flat out rejected the claim that european jewry dna is middle eastern. Further, isn't it interesting that Israeli scientist are admitting this fact. Truly truth revealed. Love It.
Pere du Champ

United States

#13 Aug 20, 2009
No, no malfeasance with DNA tests has been discovered. They're talking about criminal trial use of DNA... to determine personal identity.

You of course, since there were Jews involved, start assuming this means genome analyses done anthropologically are flawed.

But they are not, except insofar as the science is still young and of course will be better in the future...

The DNA tests of Ashkenazim are clear: they are Hebrews. They are from the Mideast. They have the same DNA markers as other Mideasterners and as Sephardim.

Give it up, Nazis, or you'll end up like this:

http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/Nazi-Executio...

“Ecko Lucifer”

Since: Apr 08

Denver, CO

#14 Aug 20, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
Or squatting in Palestine despite the fact that they have no historical presence in the region?
No, the Israelites deserve to be where they are. The land was given to them by the British, and the Israelis have the military force to hold onto their land. It's theirs.

None of this ancestral-prophetic bullshit that everybody is stuck on.
Pere du Champ

United States

#15 Aug 20, 2009
True enough, as there are disputes over who once lived where all over the world. Cambodians have told me that most of Thailand was once Cambodia, as well as southern Vietnam. The Serbs fanatically claim Kosovo. Some of Finnish territory, Karelia, is ruled by Russia. The USA occupied the Southwestern states in a dubious and illegal war of conquest.

Huns? Zulu? Navajo? None of these people live where they did in the past.

The problem with Israel, the reason there cannot be peace, is not Palestinian refugees. They could easily be resettled, dealt with by Arab nations. Nope, it's because ISRAEL contains JERUSALEM, and Mohammed decreed that Islam usurps Judaism, and so they usurped every Jewish holy place, including even the Temple Mount... and the Muslims MUST rule Jerusalem... so they believe. Add to this that they believe any territory ruled by Muslims can never revert to infidel rule.

Israel, Spain, India... all have reverted.

Search this

“THE END”

Since: Jun 09

Sweden

#17 Aug 23, 2009
TRUE

Search this

“THE END”

Sweden

#18 Aug 23, 2009
Ask Jerry Springer
Doby

Sacramento, CA

#19 Aug 23, 2009
Trufax wrote:
Translation:

There are MANY innocent men & women in prison, and as long as they're "of color" who cares? As long as the jury was "wowed" by the really cool but phony forensic evidence and another minority goes to prison.... right?

You can tell by how nonchalant my statement was that this is my intent.

Me? Racist? No way!

Sincerely,

TruFax (A racist white pierce of shyt)

(and you wonder......)

“Wear laugh lines PROUDLY”

Since: Aug 09

Tinsel

#20 Aug 23, 2009
Andrea wrote:
That's quite disturbing. Makes one wonder if there are people serving time, and being put to death, because of some else's ingenuity.
That has been done for a long time now.

Search this

“THE END”

Sweden

#21 Aug 24, 2009
RepeatPerformance wrote:
<quoted text>That has been done for a long time now.
by all countries
Bill

Harrisburg, PA

#22 Jul 18, 2012
Makes wonder just how far they can take that to support anti ID theories as well.
Ise never done nuttin

Granada, Spain

#23 Jul 18, 2012
so , I could convert to be a JEW tomorrow, and what would my DNA show? what an absurd idea. But I expect all the sooties will now be hollerin from the jails - "Dat DNA waz fixed by whitey, I done done nuffins!"

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#24 Jul 18, 2012
Ise never done nuttin wrote:
so , I could convert to be a JEW tomorrow, and what would my DNA show? what an absurd idea. But I expect all the sooties will now be hollerin from the jails - "Dat DNA waz fixed by whitey, I done done nuffins!"
Is it inconceivable that some of those people might be right?
Haven't you read about people being sentenced for crimes they didn't commit. The boxer called the Hurricane among many others was. The Jews under Nazi Germany were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johns Hopkins University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... (Jan '15) Jun 13 Scottish Virgin 75
News Scientists should be careful with research on a... May '16 CDC Rep 1
News Black Lives Matter gave him fame, but Baltimore... Apr '16 Now_What 2
News The Latest: Biden confident Congress will OK ca... Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Is Bad Luck the Cause of Most Cancers in Nigeria? Mar '16 White and Right 1
News Strategy found for safely prescribing antidepre... (May '15) Mar '16 paulmoye 8
News What a 100-year-old racist movie tells us about... (Mar '15) Mar '16 Fart news 28
More from around the web