Climategate Recalls Attacks on Darwin Doubters

Mar 15, 2010 Full story: Point of View 54

Believers in human-caused global climate change have been placed under an uncomfortable spotlight recently.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#41 Mar 18, 2010
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered you and you know it. You are just running the mouth posing again.
again 7010 your link
"The theory of evolution does not state - give a really interesting report on what you have learned about penguins.
All the penguins are like just their parents and have offspring just like them. There is no amount of random/experimental/observable variation in a flock of penguins. Which later becomes another separate species.
Nice try. And a rather interesting report on what is observable with penguins. Even if none of it is relevant to the theory of evolution/variation/resulting in new species. "
Yes. And I answered that on #7015:

http://www.topix.com/news/evolution/2009/10/i...

"Your post #7003 above, you asked: "Where is a flock of fish eating birds where some are developing gills, some are developing larger lungs etc etc."

I gave you EVIDENCE OF EVOLUTION of birds that developed a more efficient cario-respiratory system (exactly what you were asking for) in response to envirionmental stresses.

The changes in penguins did not happen within the last 50 years, I'm sorry. Penguins were once flying birds that began their evolution into what is now recognized as their species about 65 million years ago.

Your demands of acceptance of evolution are cartoonishly unrealistic. And your continued refusal to even consider the vast evidence is denial.

It's as if you would expect the next generation of penguins to be born with full SCUBA gear as part of their physiology."

Since: Dec 06

Urbana, Illinois

#42 Mar 18, 2010
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again. Big mouth, big talk and no evidence. ps I'm 50
Then act like it... it certainly doesn't show!

Big mouth, big talk...and no knowledge. Perhaps you could start back to school and learn something other than insults?

I teach geology classes...you could benefit!
JRS

Oak Creek, WI

#43 Mar 18, 2010
FossilBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Then act like it... it certainly doesn't show!
Big mouth, big talk...and no knowledge. Perhaps you could start back to school and learn something other than insults?
I teach geology classes...you could benefit!
Like I said more talk no stuff.

Show me a population of a species full of variations that are adapting i.e. evolving.

You got nothing but talk. Big claims, no goods.

==

"I teach geology classes...you could benefit!"
----------

Really?

"Darwin frankly acknowledged that this lack of ancestral forms was “a valid argument” against his theory. But he hoped that time—and more research—would provide the evidence that was lacking. Some 150 years later, the documentary Darwin’s Dilemma probes how Darwin’s dilemma has been aggravated—not resolved—by the last century of fossil discoveries,"

http://www.darwinsdilemma.org/pdf/faq.pdf

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#44 Mar 18, 2010
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a population of a species full of variations that are adapting i.e. evolving.
==
----------
Really?
"Darwin frankly acknowledged that this lack of ancestral forms was “a valid argument” against his theory. But he hoped that time—and more research—would provide the evidence that was lacking. Some 150 years later, the documentary Darwin’s Dilemma probes how Darwin’s dilemma has been aggravated—not resolved—by the last century of fossil discoveries,"
Posting quote mines again. Even one that has already been shown to be dishonest.

Well, once again we see just how dishonest the creationist position is. They don't have anything real to back up their position, so they feel the need to lie.

You really should be embarrassed. You're not, but you should be.

Orlando

#45 Mar 18, 2010
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>

We've done that. I'VE done that.
Penguins. Whale legs.
You've got nothing.

[QUOTE who="JRS"]<quoted text>
==
----------
Really?
Even if Darwin was a friggin lunatic (which he was not -- he was a very insightful and sensitive researcher), his Theory of Evolution would stand very solidly on the research that has been performed and confirmed since his breakthrough insights.
The very foundation of modern Biology rests upon the knowledge gained through the ToE.

Orlando

#46 Mar 18, 2010
Whups! The middle paragraph above was mine:

We've done that. I'VE done that.
Penguins. Whale legs.

You've got nothing.
Earthling

Hellín, Spain

#47 Mar 19, 2010
JRS wrote:
Evolutionists are the biggest suckers on the planet. They wholeheartedly believe something they claim is science yet they have never seen one shred of evidence to support it. Evolution is a faith based religion.
I really detest discussions like this, but I must ask how you believe evolution can be a religion?
There is no church of evolution or any gatherings of evolutionists to worship a god of evolution.
Those who accept it as the most likely reason for the current existence of animal life as we know it, only look upon it as one of the best explanations so far and 'faith' certainly doesn't come into the equation.
We aren't waiting for evolutionary judgement day and we don't expect to witness much in the way of evolution in our lifetime or look for any that has taken place in the last two thousand years.
It isn't something that any of us spend much time thinking about and few of us own bibles of evolution that we quote from, chapter and verse.
There isn't a book of evolution in every hotel bedside cabinet.
This is my opinion, but to be honest, I've never knowingly known anyone who believes in creationism, it's not a popular theory in Europe.
How an acceptance of a scientific theory can be classed as a religion is completely beyond my comprehension.

NB: I had a quick look round the www and found that the only people who call acceptance of evolution a religion, run creationist websites.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#48 Mar 19, 2010
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dope. "The "evidence" can't be "delivered" over the internet; we CAN tell you where to find it."
What a complete dope.
I claim that there is evidence that a person can drive from here to California. I can provide the evidence on this forum how to drive from here to California. I don't tell you where to find it I give it to you. I can provide evidence of testimony of those that have done it. I don't tell you where to find it I give it to you.
==
The evolutionist claim that there is a lot of evidence proving evolution. Yet they never actually provide any.
They say "The "evidence" can't be "delivered" over the internet; we CAN tell you where to find it."
In other words they have none. They have believed in something that others claim has all kinds of evidence. But the believer never bothered to ask to see it. Therefore when asked to deliver the evidence the believer is clueless, they have never seen what they claim is there.
Evolutionists are the biggest suckers on the planet. They wholeheartedly believe something they claim is science yet they have never seen one shred of evidence to support it. Evolution is a faith based religion.
Yet you are unable to demonstrate it. However we have provided examples which demonstrate evolution, and you have yet to form a coherent rebuttal. This is largely due to your total lack of understanding of the subject in the first place. Dismissal is not the same as rebuttal.

So stop accusing others of lying because of your own ignorance.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#49 Mar 19, 2010
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered you and you know it. You are just running the mouth posing again.
again 7010 your link
"The theory of evolution does not state - give a really interesting report on what you have learned about penguins.
All the penguins are like just their parents and have offspring just like them. There is no amount of random/experimental/observable variation in a flock of penguins. Which later becomes another separate species.
Nice try. And a rather interesting report on what is observable with penguins. Even if none of it is relevant to the theory of evolution/variation/resulting in new species. "
You answered, yes, but this is another dismissal. You didn't address what was presented. And if you remember, you were given exactly what you asked for. But you still ignored it.

So does your religion encourage you to lie?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#50 Mar 19, 2010
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>I really detest discussions like this, but I must ask how you believe evolution can be a religion?
There is no church of evolution or any gatherings of evolutionists to worship a god of evolution.
Those who accept it as the most likely reason for the current existence of animal life as we know it, only look upon it as one of the best explanations so far and 'faith' certainly doesn't come into the equation.
We aren't waiting for evolutionary judgement day and we don't expect to witness much in the way of evolution in our lifetime or look for any that has taken place in the last two thousand years.
It isn't something that any of us spend much time thinking about and few of us own bibles of evolution that we quote from, chapter and verse.
There isn't a book of evolution in every hotel bedside cabinet.
This is my opinion, but to be honest, I've never knowingly known anyone who believes in creationism, it's not a popular theory in Europe.
How an acceptance of a scientific theory can be classed as a religion is completely beyond my comprehension.
NB: I had a quick look round the www and found that the only people who call acceptance of evolution a religion, run creationist websites.
Ironic, isn't it?

They think that because they can't prove their faith to those who don't share their beliefs, that their own ignorance of concepts they reject is evidence that they must be beliefs also. Of course it's sheer projection on their part.

Although it hasn't stopped them from arguing this in court. They lost that one too. Just like they lost every other court case.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51 Mar 19, 2010
JRS wrote:
<quoted text>
==
----------
Really?
JRS, your linky basically says: "Evolution couldn'a dunnit therefore GODDIDIT!" So I ask (again) what's the "scientific theory" of ID?

You know we can easily counter this with: "Well we say Goddidit with evolution!"

You're not very experienced at this thing known as 'debate' are you?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#52 Mar 19, 2010
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really sad. You've gone 5 decades and learned so little.
The really sad part is calling everyone "bullies" just for disagreeing with him. Poor boy.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#53 Mar 19, 2010
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The really sad part is calling everyone "bullies" just for disagreeing with him. Poor boy.
Well, we have been mean and actually hit him over the head with facts.[/sarcasm]
Darwin

Eslöv, Sweden

#55 Feb 1, 2012
"Since the Darwin Doubters haven't produced a single shred of evidence that calls the Theory of Evolution into question, "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iowa Republicans vote to continue straw poll Jan 15 BY A vote 3
Iowa Ames Straw Poll planned for August Jan 10 Your Ex 1
Ready, Ames, fire? Jan 10 Aria 1
Teachers: Sign up TODAY to Bring a Nifty Fifty ... Oct '14 Ace McMillan 3
College of Agriculture and LIfe Sciences Schola... Oct '14 Ace McMillan 1
Veterinary research on lambs leads to advances ... Oct '14 Ace McMillan 4
Liquor As A Hangover Cure: 'Pure' IngeniOz Vodk... Sep '14 Iowa Tax Payer 1
More from around the web