Indiana State U. may cut 100 jobs to trim budget

Jan 14, 2010 Full story: WTHR-TV Indianapolis

Indiana State University's president says the college will eliminate 80 to 100 jobs as a result of state budget cuts.

Full Story
Sycamore Sam

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Jan 14, 2010
That sucks.

You think I'm safe?
ISU Grunt

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Jan 14, 2010
I wish they'd fire half the $100K+ admin types. Christ, how many do we need? And piss on our woeful football team-slash-money drain. We're not replacing any retiring faculty, we're probably gonna make most of the budget cuts on the biweekly staff (janitorial and secretarial services) who really NEED their jobs, but yet we reward the team that's won 2 games in 6 years with a new stadium that we bought half of north-central Terre Haute for, to the tune of zillions of dollars (and I'm sure the coaching staff is paid more than entire academic departments if not SCHOOLS on campus). I know it's not as simple as I've laid out, but damn, man, this sucks. We've got our priorities entirely buggered up. I don't blame Pres. Benjamin or Bradley, but I sure do blame friggin Mitch Daniels. Loser moron.
Clois Kicklighter

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Jan 14, 2010
A credit hour at this place has gone from a little of nothing when the university was founded to 55 dollars in the early 80's...100 years to get to 55 bucks, ok? In the last 25 years it has ballooned to what? Roughly 250.00? Thats insane. The only thing that has changed is there are more people receiving financial aid. What about us "cash pays" we are out here getting killed. This school is so bloated with overpaid loafers that think that they are actually doing something important. A Provost...What the hell is a provost? Another wasteful position. When I graduated there was an office of placement. They were to help you get a job after you graduated. Many, many offices. Nobody was EVER, EVER in there. The guy running Hulman Center, Cliff Lambert, NEVER at work...these people dont do sh#t!! Ask them though, they will tell you, 3 meetings, lunch and a golf outing, this is a days work for 185,000$. The stadium, well,not a bad idea if other changes are implemented as well. The football team has to be turned around bottom line. AND, I dont like it but its a fact, you have to let students bring alcohol into the games. Every other decent sized school does it, why not ISU? Look at the popularity of the walk...its HUGE. The Gestapo pigs in the Dream Police uniforms would love it, they could crack some punk skulls. However, on a more sane note concerning the stadium, think about the new stadium in terms of a tool to help keep students on campus through the weekend. This could translate into big money for local businesses.YES, LLoyd Benjamin did a tremendous amount of damage to this University
Sycamore Sam

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Jan 15, 2010
Most public universities are slashing budgets. State funding is falling off. I agree with the idea of cutting football, it probably won't happen.
catfish

United States

#5 Jan 16, 2010
Sycamore Sam wrote:
Most public universities are slashing budgets. State funding is falling off. I agree with the idea of cutting football, it probably won't happen.
What the hell are you anyway Sam?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
At Rest for 50 Years (Mar '10) Nov '14 don 3
Police officer shot Saturday in Ferguson, Mo. Sep '14 cops are liars an... 3
Is outdoor education the way of the future? (Feb '14) Aug '14 MaltaMon 7
Ind. State Groups Affirm Opposition to Gay Marr... (Dec '13) Dec '13 nhjeff 18
Statue of Larry Bird erected on ISU campus (Nov '13) Nov '13 Walter Cronkite 22
Kopinski is Toll Road, Fort Wayne posts area co... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Harleyblb 1
Training exercise for local fire dept. (Jul '13) Jul '13 Insider 2
More from around the web