Push for same-sex marriage ban sparks...

Push for same-sex marriage ban sparks worries

There are 5 comments on the Daily-Jeff.com story from Jul 24, 2012, titled Push for same-sex marriage ban sparks worries. In it, Daily-Jeff.com reports that:

Terre Haute business owner Mike Tingley has some pretty strong opinions about legislative efforts in Indiana toward a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily-Jeff.com.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#1 Jul 24, 2012
"it is instructive to recall in this regard that the traditional, well-established legal rules and practices of our not-so-distant past (1) barred interracial marriage,(2) upheld the routine exclusion of women from many occupations and official duties, and (3) considered the relegation of racial minorities to separate and assertedly equivalent public facilities and institutions as constitutionally equal treatment." ""If we have learned anything from the significant evolution in the prevailing societal views and official policies toward members of minority races and toward women over the past half-century, it is that even the most familiar and generally accepted of social practices and traditions often mask unfairness and inequality that frequently is not recognized or appreciated by those not directly harmed by those practices or traditions."

"Conventional understanding of marriage must yield to a more contemporary appreciation of the rights entitled to constitutional protection. Interpreting our state constitutional provisions in accordance with firmly established equal protection principles leads inevitably to the conclusion that gay persons are entitled to marry the otherwise qualified same sex partner of their choice." "To decide otherwise would require us to apply one set of constitutional principles to gay persons and another to all others."
(In re marriage)

"In the courtís final analysis, the governmentís only basis for supporting DOMA comes down to an apparent belief that the moral views of the majority may properly be enacted as the law of the land in regard to state-sanctioned same-sex marriage in disregard of the personal status and living conditions of a significant segment of our pluralistic society. Such a view is not consistent with the evidence or the law as embodied in the Fifth Amendment with respect to the thoughts expressed in this decision. The court has no doubt about its conclusion: DOMA deprives them of the equal protection of the law to which they are entitled."
http://metroweekly.com/poliglot/57794777-DOMA ...

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#3 Jul 24, 2012
Mike wrote:
Been gay (queer) is just a shi----tty life style.
They are simple sick, I would never knowingly have anything to do with a queer.
Putting my rod in the a-----$$ of another man does nothing for me.
I hope they all die of aids..
look everyone..... bet if you ask this morazz his religion... bet its christian... what would jesASS do
Queer

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Jul 24, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>look everyone..... bet if you ask this morazz his religion... bet its christian... what would jesASS do
You sh,,,,,,,it taster are sick.
Tasting anothet persons waste is sick.
How about eat sh....it and pass.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#5 Jul 24, 2012
Mike wrote:
Let's see.

This is a thread about marriage, and YOU immediately begin to fantasize about imagined gay sex.

And you think other folks have problems.

Geesh.
what

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Jul 24, 2012
Mike wrote:
so you are saying you had sex with another man but you did not like it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ISU and TREES Inc. prepare 1,700 seedlings Apr 19 Helms 4
News Community steps forth in school chief survey Apr 11 Fedup 2
News Little Syria on the Wabash to be recognized wit... Apr 1 Let it be 4
News Film on Eugene Debs being screened in his India... Mar 30 Pet 3
News Documentary to premiere on Indiana Holocaust su... Mar '18 bog C 1
News Vigo school board to hear from search adviser Feb '18 Just do it 2
News 'Turn up the volume on our love' Jan '18 Gabe 1