Met 060611 Racism Signs.jpg

Met 060611 Racism Signs.jpg

There are 8 comments on the Tribune-Star story from Jun 7, 2011, titled Met 060611 Racism Signs.jpg. In it, Tribune-Star reports that:

A Terre Haute man brought a protest to the front steps of the Vigo County School Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tribune-Star.

It is always the same

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Jun 7, 2011
Why is it that the only time you see Dwayne Malone's name in the paper it is about racism. Mr. Tanoos probably hit it on the head when he said that Malone wants a job with the VCSC and they won't hire him. He needs to find some ohter cause to preach from his soap box. We are tired of being called racists for everything that happens in Terre Haute.
Want to Know

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Jun 8, 2011
Isn't this the same man that was in the papers a few months ago with the same claim of racism? What has he done since that time to help the schools get more black teachers? I think he just wants the publicity.
dr fill

State College, PA

#3 Jun 8, 2011
This guy is in the same class and Jackson and Sharpton. Just race baiters. That's how they get in the spotlight and make their living. They know it's a load of crap. They cry wolf so much so much that when real racism presents itself (not counting their obvious racism) they are ineffective. Some people just love being the victim.

Since: Dec 10

League City, TX

#4 Jun 8, 2011
One time I worked with a guy that said he went down to Donnely's and applied for a job and they wouldn't hire him because he was black.

I told him I applied for a job down there and they didn't hire me because they weren't hiring.

He was so indoctrinated by the system and his friends that he thought if he was white he could just go down there and get a job.

Hey, people! Just because they don't hire you may not be because you're black, hispanic, etc. Maybe its because they think you're a scumbag? or a drug addict? or a clock watching lazy ass? maybe they don't need your skillset? Maybe, just MAYBE they're not HIRING!

Racism is used by people that have no other cards to lay on the table. For some reason people seem to think that if all their indicators are pointing down, they can throw the race card on the table and everything starts pointing up. Well, I'm here to tell you, it doesn't.

Actually, Dr. Fill, this guy is just CRAZY. I mean, I knew him years ago and, well, he's just lost it. Its really sad. He used to be a decent guy.
Nomo

League City, TX

#5 Jun 8, 2011
We have a black president now so they need to get over the whole "racist" thing! Its played out!
Concerned

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Jun 9, 2011
dr fill wrote:
This guy is in the same class and Jackson and Sharpton. Just race baiters. That's how they get in the spotlight and make their living. They know it's a load of crap. They cry wolf so much so much that when real racism presents itself (not counting their obvious racism) they are ineffective. Some people just love being the victim.
Dr Fill...I agree with you. It seems that this man has cried "racism" over and over again. The story in the paper explains all the things the school corporation has done to try to hire more black teachers. So my questions are: Has this man tried to help the school corporation hire any black teachers? Has he referred any black college graduates to the diversity consultant or the school corporation? Has he done anything at all to help the situation? It seems like the media is giving him too much attention and he ought to help or keep his mouth shut!
Sambo

Daytona Beach, FL

#7 Jun 14, 2011
yall must b white
What

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Jun 16, 2011
Sambo wrote:
yall must b white
Sambo, YOU must be white! Any self respecting Black person would NOT have a screen name of "Sambo." Black people know this is a very derogatory term that is just as bad as the "n" word.
So show some intelligence and stick to the topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Debs Award makes history with presentation to l... Oct 15 Kickenallout! 1
News Race for County Council seat getting crowded Oct 12 Duke defender 2
News Changes in downtown Terre Haute continue in 2017 Sep 25 t45h45re3erg 6
News Preserving the preserve Sep 25 uiof3nhkuwenkjfks 2
News Tourism big part of Terre Haute, Vigo economies Sep 25 Hello 9
News Growth is story of year in higher education Sep 24 Mike Morris 1
News Indiana State trustees approve tuition, budgets Jun '17 Funwithfacts 3
More from around the web