Pope Benedict XVI wants to wake up consciences on climate change

Jul 13, 2008 Full story: hosted.ap.org 34

Pope Benedict XVI said Saturday he wants to wake up consciences on climate change during his pilgrimage in Australia.

Benedict also told reporters while flying to Sydney to start a 10-day visit that he would work for "healing and reconciliation with the victims" of sexual abuse by Catholic clergy there "just as I did in the United States" earlier this year. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#1 Jul 13, 2008
Laughable!
His digs in the Vatican are air-conditioned, so too his armored pimp-mobile.
Maybe, just maybe, he knows what a bar-code reader is...unlike Bush 41.
Guess who

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jul 13, 2008
That man may know the bounds of his habitation?
Moiz Qidwai

Saudi Arabia

#4 Jul 14, 2008
At least he can lecture you Australians as to how to run your country
ralupop

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 14, 2008
We are DEFINITELY living in the last days when the Most Holy Father has been deluded by the Big Lie of Global Warming!!!

Something in the Bible about the last days in which even the elect will be brainwashed by false doctrines.

“make mine a double, please”

Since: Sep 07

chicago

#6 Jul 14, 2008
when iria enlists the help of the catholic church to further her delusional agenda, you KNOW she's grasping at straws.

Since: Mar 08

Caryville, TN

#7 Jul 14, 2008
The Popemobile is an SUV.

Transports them to other countries as he travels too.

Wonder what the Pope's carbon footprint is?

If he is so concerned can't he just stay at the Vatican and tell them to put up a wide screen in front of the masses for mass?

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#8 Jul 14, 2008
ralupop wrote:
We are DEFINITELY living in the last days when the Most Holy Father has been deluded by the Big Lie of Global Warming!!!
Something in the Bible about the last days in which even the elect will be brainwashed by false doctrines.
Is that wool itchy?
Grim Reaper

Studio City, CA

#9 Jul 14, 2008
Nazi-boy, arnie's cousin, doesn't sacrifice a damn thing and wants to tidtate to me. BS>!!
Christopher

Joppa, MD

#10 Jul 14, 2008
ralupop wrote:
While I don't believe in religion at all or the 'last days' bull, I do believe that when the 'Holy Father' of the Christian Church has been deluded into numerous things, the world is getting worse.
Frankly, there is NO SUCH THING AS GLOBAL WARMING, at least as far as the kind that humans can cause/stop. The Sun is the only source of the global warming that is happening lately, the polar ice caps have been melting for CENTURIES, and we are just getting to the point where the earth is back to the state it was before the 'little Ice Age' and big Ice Age.
Gettin_it_right

United States

#11 Jul 14, 2008
ralupop wrote:
Actually, if you look at that Scripture passage, it says that "if it were possible, even the elect would be fooled." So this means that the elect will not be fooled.
ralupop

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 15, 2008
Christopher wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't believe in religion at all or the 'last days' bull, I do believe that when the 'Holy Father' of the Christian Church has been deluded into numerous things, the world is getting worse.
Frankly, there is NO SUCH THING AS GLOBAL WARMING, at least as far as the kind that humans can cause/stop. The Sun is the only source of the global warming that is happening lately, the polar ice caps have been melting for CENTURIES, and we are just getting to the point where the earth is back to the state it was before the 'little Ice Age' and big Ice Age.
We certainly agree on "global warming." I figure that there's the smell of money driving gw, although I don't see signs of "get your Al Gore GW Protection Kit." What Gore and the lackey "scientists" he bought to spout this myth has succeeded in, is scaring the beejezus out of lots of nice people.

There is so much bullshit in the world. I'm thinking that bullshit is the fuel that drives people to a kind of inward hysteria. Bullshit makes the world go round.

Also playing in the eastern world reality movie theater are Russia, Syria, Iran and Israel all trying to, variously, ally and destroy each other.
ralupop

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jul 15, 2008
Gettin_it_right wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you look at that Scripture passage, it says that "if it were possible, even the elect would be fooled." So this means that the elect will not be fooled.
You have an interpretation that makes no sense whatsoever.

If beg of you, stop doing booze and dope. Get thee to a physician, as the Great Bard doth say.:)

And, of course, you can pick your 57 flavors or more of Bible intepretation or false interpretation.

(Exit, Stage Right)
ralupop

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jul 15, 2008
When all else fails, sing a song! Here's a bittersweet French song, sort of Edith Piaf-ish, although Peggy Lee, from Valley City, North Dakota, made a hit of it. Here's the guts of the song: the chorus.

"If that's all there is.
If that's all there is.
Then let's keep dancing.
Break out the booze
and have a ball.
If that's all.
If that's all (half rest)
there is."

It's that little half rest before the final "there is" that makes the song.:)
john k

Hoboken, NJ

#15 Jul 15, 2008
the artic ice melts yet the antartic ice does not? it seems to me we are really powerless about these changes that our planet goes thru.

Since: May 08

Burbank, CA

#16 Jul 15, 2008
Gettin_it_right wrote:
<quoted text>
It don't matter none anyway, the elect can't change a thing.
ralupop

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jul 15, 2008
sheetman them honkey done this 2 us en anyways

Burbank, CA

#18 Jul 15, 2008
ralupop wrote:
When all else fails, sing a song! Here's a bittersweet French song, sort of Edith Piaf-ish, although Peggy Lee, from Valley City, North Dakota, made a hit of it. Here's the guts of the song: the chorus.
"If that's all there is.
If that's all there is.
Then let's keep dancing.
Break out the booze
and have a ball.
If that's all.
If that's all (half rest)
there is."
It's that little half rest before the final "there is" that makes the song.:)
You do french?
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Jul 15, 2008
People who think mankind has not affected the climate are ingorant fools.

Hate Al Gore if you want, but the world is heating up.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Jul 15, 2008
oh yeah- the Pope is a joke. No arguement there.

Burbank, CA

#21 Jul 15, 2008
In Real Time wrote:
The Popemobile is an SUV.
Transports them to other countries as he travels too.
Wonder what the Pope's carbon footprint is?
If he is so concerned can't he just stay at the Vatican and tell them to put up a wide screen in front of the masses for mass?
There is nothing wrong with SUV's if you can afford the gas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Institute of Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Wayne Prather (Sep '08) Sep '08 Janet Lee 1
More from around the web