Commentary: JDC closure would be a di...

Commentary: JDC closure would be a disaster for community

There are 1 comment on the Journal-Courier.net story from Oct 22, 2011, titled Commentary: JDC closure would be a disaster for community. In it, Journal-Courier.net reports that:

A public hearing concerning the proposed closure of the Jacksonville Developmental Center will be held 5 p.m. Monday at Illinois College's Bruner Fitness Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal-Courier.net.

Home Grown

United States

#1 Oct 25, 2011
Yeah there are plenty of people there that simply cannot live outside a place like that. I think many of them just could not live without that structure. Also I know that sex offenders that don't have the ability to know they are hurting someone are the worst kind. I am sure some of the people that live there are offenders but they just can't understand they are hurting people. I really hope the State spares JDC, not only because the workers and jobs but some of those people need that place. Here's a thought, Why is it ok to spend millions paying athletes to entertain us, but we don't want to spend half that much on the disabled. At what point did America start thinking this is right????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Got the winter blues? It might be SAD Jan '18 humanspirit 1
News Public meetings for I-270 bridge replacement ov... (Jun '16) Jun '16 DARPA 5
News Belleville on exhibit: 200 artifacts, photos an... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Truth 2
News Lewis and Clark to use grant to train workers (Jan '14) Jan '14 Brian 3
News Miles' new post is old stomping grounds (Oct '13) Nov '13 Hey Now 2
News "News 3 Listens" Heads to Harrisburg (Nov '13) Nov '13 lynn horton 1
News This week's Kentuckiana college football schedule (Sep '12) Sep '12 cb 1