Black Male Unemployment Comparable to...

Black Male Unemployment Comparable to 'Great Depression', Says Economic Expert

There are 20 comments on the The Westside Gazette story from Nov 21, 2009, titled Black Male Unemployment Comparable to 'Great Depression', Says Economic Expert. In it, The Westside Gazette reports that:

While the nation is reeling over double-digit jobless rates showing up for the first time in decades, Black males are looking at numbers almost twice as worse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Westside Gazette.

“It ain't ova!”

Since: Mar 09

Heaven

#1 Nov 21, 2009
If the population of blacks is only 12.8% in the whole U.S. of A., how in the world is there such a huge unemployment rate? Don't tell me most of these folks are lazy or have absolutely no skills. Something smells foul here.

Ape Linkon

“Dont tell me my dress is black”

Since: Nov 09

Pig, KY

#2 Nov 21, 2009
calmbreeze wrote:
If the population of blacks is only 12.8% in the whole U.S. of A., how in the world is there such a huge unemployment rate? Don't tell me most of these folks are lazy or have absolutely no skills. Something smells foul here.
If you don't want to hear the truth, I cannot give you any other answer.

“It ain't ova!”

Heaven

#3 Nov 21, 2009
Ape Linkon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't want to hear the truth, I cannot give you any other answer.
Remember, God don't like ugly! Repent, man. There's no better avenger than He! You won't face revenge from little old me.

Ape Linkon

“Dont tell me my dress is black”

Since: Nov 09

Pig, KY

#4 Nov 21, 2009
calmbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, God don't like ugly! Repent, man. There's no better avenger than He! You won't face revenge from little old me.
Repent for telling the truth?
the_truth_be_tol d2006

Ashland City, TN

#5 Nov 21, 2009
calmbreeze wrote:
In March, Obama will be intoducing his "Pathway to Citizenship" call for amnesty for illegal aliens. 13 million "invisible" Hispanics will step out the shadows, rasing the Hispanic population to twice that of the Blacks. You can expect a flood of "potential" Americans from every South American nation to follow, until the quota of 150 million Hispanics is met as per the auspices of the New World Order doctrine. No significant immigration is planned from any Black dominated countries.
The differenece between the "Great Depression" and current events, is that Americans recovered from the "Great Depression".
Blacks will never recover.
The most ironic thing is, you asked for it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#6 Nov 22, 2009
the_truth_be_told2006 wrote:
<quoted text>
In March, Obama will be intoducing his "Pathway to Citizenship" call for amnesty for illegal aliens. 13 million "invisible" Hispanics will step out the shadows, rasing the Hispanic population to twice that of the Blacks. You can expect a flood of "potential" Americans from every South American nation to follow, until the quota of 150 million Hispanics is met as per the auspices of the New World Order doctrine. No significant immigration is planned from any Black dominated countries.
The differenece between the "Great Depression" and current events, is that Americans recovered from the "Great Depression".
Moron what you fail to take into account is the fact that 13 million of those "HISPANICS" are BLACK. LOL

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#7 Nov 22, 2009
And considering the fact that 13 million of those Hispanics are black, Blacks won't be the one that will need to "recover" but if I were white like you I'd start looking for real estate in another country,LMAO.

“It ain't ova!”

Heaven

#9 Nov 22, 2009
the_truth_be_told2006 wrote:
<quoted text>
If we've recovered as minorities before (under the worst circumstances), we'll recover again. Many of us know where our help comes from.
Alucard

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Nov 22, 2009
calmbreeze wrote:
They shun education, don't look for work when times are good and then fail miserably when things get bad. The educated can't find work so what makes you think that companies are going to hire a high school drop out that grunts ebonics?

Is thinking that difficult for you 'people'? The only solution is to ban blacks from welfare for three generations so they can develop a work ethic.
Alucard

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Nov 22, 2009
calmbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your English skills. You cannot construct a simple sentence and then sit around and wonder why you can't find work. If I was in charge of hiring anyone, they better not speak like you write.
Justhefacts

United States

#12 Nov 22, 2009
the_truth_be_told wrote:
<quoted text>
In March, Obama will be intoducing his "Pathway to Citizenship" call for amnesty for illegal aliens.
I'm very serious when I say OBAMA will start a Civil WAR!!
White America has ben Buying GUNS by the Millions

THIS IS REAL...
http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/a-13-200...

Shops across the country are reporting ammunition shortages because stores can't meet demand for bullets. Data from the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which the industry uses as a proxy for overall firearms sales, are also revealing. From November 2008 through March 2009, FBI background checks, which are required every time a federally licensed gun dealer makes a sale, rose 29.3% over the same period a year earlier. In November alone, checks jumped 42%, to 1,529,635, the largest monthly total in the decade that the system has been in place

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,859...

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,859...

The ironic thing is the Blacks and Mexicans think they have a lot of GUNS. You have no Clue what the WHITES arsenal are

The FBI estimates there are more than 200 million privately owned LEGAL guns in the United States, and that number is rising.

Do the math 300 Million People.

http://www.censusscope.org/us/map_nhwhite.htm...

“It ain't ova!”

Heaven

#13 Nov 22, 2009
Alucard wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your English skills. You cannot construct a simple sentence and then sit around and wonder why you can't find work. If I was in charge of hiring anyone, they better not speak like you write.
LOL you're such an idiot on black folks. You can't even see when a person is using ebonics, southern slang, hip hop jargon, etc., vs standard english. Don't you know standard english isn't the only language written or spoken in this world? Why have so many of your own grasped many of these "other" speaking patterns? Heck you use some of the language to sell your products! lol Some of us have the skills to write and speak in various creative languages and patterns. You're the one that's boring and sadly lacking. Maybe next time, I'll omit all my periods and capital letters and really get your blood boiling.:p

“It ain't ova!”

Heaven

#14 Nov 22, 2009
Alucard wrote:
<quoted text>
They shun education, don't look for work when times are good and then fail miserably when things get bad. The educated can't find work so what makes you think that companies are going to hire a high school drop out that grunts ebonics?
Is thinking that difficult for you 'people'? The only solution is to ban blacks from welfare for three generations so they can develop a work ethic.
Let me just get to the root of your issue, Alucard. I know it's hard to take that in spite of black male issues, there are just too many of us them out shine your glory. Don't hate because you're hearing and seeing too much "black" for your comfort. Get used to it. We aren't going any where. By the way, while you're at it, prepare to deal with more hispanics too. lol
Frank

Detroit, MI

#15 Nov 22, 2009
What more did you expect in the Land of White Supremacy???

A wise man knows a thing BEFORE it is there!

“It ain't ova!”

Heaven

#16 Nov 22, 2009
Don't say ain't cause your mother might faint and your father might fall in a bucket of paint!

Don't know why, but I just felt compelled to say that. ;)
pual

London, UK

#17 Nov 22, 2009
Its about time u blacks in America should go back to the 1920s, when u had your own businness like the black wall street. Start with your communities by start saving to open your own stores and supermarket. With time you will get rid of the Asians and start working and supporting self.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#18 Nov 22, 2009
Alucard wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you brought up English skills,I have just one thing to say. Ever heard a white hillbilly speaking? There are inferior language skills found not just among the black race but the white race as well.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#20 Nov 22, 2009
Jawga Boy wrote:
If Negroes would just take a look around and see what's going on, then maybe things would change for them!
Take the time to read this article, and find out where you are in life, and what your future holds.
http://www.bls.gov/oco/oco2003.htm
All of the "weak mind, strong backs" jobs are no more.
Thank God I'm in the health care industry.

“It ain't ova!”

Heaven

#21 Nov 23, 2009
Jawga Boy wrote:
If Negroes would just take a look around and see what's going on, then maybe things would change for them!
Take the time to read this article, and find out where you are in life, and what your future holds.
http://www.bls.gov/oco/oco2003.htm
All of the "weak mind, strong backs" jobs are no more.
These future estimations crack me up. Who estimated some of these millionaire and billionaire black folk in society today? There aren't a vast amount, but look where most of these folks came from. If we are wealthy at being film makers, writers, athletes, musicians, rappers, journalists with little or no higher education, plus discrimination hindrances, imagine what the future lawyers, doctors, politicians and scientists will achieve. Please don't get it twisted, some assumptions end up being very wrong. The least among you have turned out to be some of the very best among you. Not to mention that the biggest debt holders in this country are NOT black or hispanic folks. Better estimate how to pay back all that money!
Concerned Black Citizen

Richmond, VA

#22 Nov 23, 2009
Many Black Males that fall into these categories.

1. Have some sort of criminal record
2. Don't have any kind of skill/trade that is marketable
3. Have not prepared themselves for life.

There was a time when the High School drop out or one with no skill could land a factory job that paid well and provided decent benefits. As we all know the days of the American factory are long over and many Black Males have not prepared themselves for the future. This is obvious as you have far more Black women seeking higher education than Black males and it is these Black women who can't find a suitable mate.

It seems as if the Black Male is more worried about how many women he can bag or having the most expensive gear and could care less about their future. For many it is not their fault as they don't know better and are merely a part of their environment. It is these men that then impregnate woman after woman leaving a trail of children and are no where to be found thus the cycle of dysfunction continues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anxious Jan '17 tbronaugh 1
News Alabama band to march at inauguration, igniting... Jan '17 slick willie expl... 19
News 'Hate-Filled' Banana Incidents Dec '16 The Banana Boat Song 2
"Eartha Kitt Day" Dec '16 Rosa Bogar 1
News Middletown schools look to recruit more African... Oct '16 Oh No You Di-nt 3
News Black, Latino youth less likely to get money fr... Oct '16 Pand 1
News 15 African American history destinations in Was... Sep '16 ThomasA 4
More from around the web