Happy 80th Birthday To Civil Rights Activist, Former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young

Mar 12, 2013 Full story: WDBZ-AM Cincinnati 9

Andrew Young has not been in public office since 1990, but his contributions as a politician to the Civil Rights Movement and his service as an elected official have catapulted him to legendary status.

Full Story

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#1 Mar 13, 2013
I didn't always agree with him, but he earned honor as one of the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement, and as part of Dr. King's inner circle.
Eric 2016

Blairsville, GA

#4 Mar 13, 2013
Scam artist who probably never did an honest days work in his whole life.
Yolanda Weiner

Roseland, NJ

#6 Mar 14, 2013
Agreed..."Handy Andy" is nothing more that a big mouthed scammer. All Flash and no substance.

Baltimore, Md.

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Eric 2016 wrote:
Scam artist who probably never did an honest days work in his whole life.
A man who risked his life for FREEDOM during the 1960s. Which is more than most people do, and probably more than you've done either.
Hence that puts him way above your level despite what shortcomings he might have,(And I know he has them)
Inga

Roseland, NJ

#8 Mar 14, 2013
When Andrew Young dies, much like MLK, RFK, JFK, Abernathy Hosey Williams etc, is gonna bust hell wide open.

“I've got a GREAT idea!”

Since: Mar 13

Let's BUZZ Lower Manhattan....

#9 Mar 14, 2013
On Jan. 31, 1977, Martin Luther King’s FBI records were sealed by court order overriding the Freedom of Information Act until the year 2027 because, as his wife said,“its release would destroy his reputation”.

Their argument is that the public can not fairly evaluate King's character and beliefs to develop an informed decision regarding MLK day, MLK monument, etc. If he was everything he is claimed to be, then why are the records hidden?

http://tinyurl.com/KingsRecords
Penny

Roseland, NJ

#10 Mar 14, 2013
Some of J Edgars tapes reveal the MLK statements...

"ImFucking for Jesus"
"Wayz duh white womenz"
"I love whitePussy moe dan fried chickenz"

Baltimore, Md.

#11 Mar 14, 2013
-0h_really- wrote:
On Jan. 31, 1977, Martin Luther King’s FBI records were sealed by court order overriding the Freedom of Information Act until the year 2027 because, as his wife said,“its release would destroy his reputation”.
Their argument is that the public can not fairly evaluate King's character and beliefs to develop an informed decision regarding MLK day, MLK monument, etc. If he was everything he is claimed to be, then why are the records hidden?
http://tinyurl.com/KingsRecords
Possibly because the FBI had a role in his assassination. And even when his file are release who knows if it won't be CENSORED?
I actually have the documents kept on Malcolm X. And just about very other sentence of every other paragraph is blacked out.
Eric 2016

Blairsville, GA

#12 Mar 14, 2013
I just flushed a turd in honor of Andrew Young's birthday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New discoveries in age-related macular degenera... Dec '14 Cathy Smith 1
More bad news for Malaysia Airlines Oct '14 _malon_goblok 3
the sekou think tank: a refelction of the diaspora Sep '14 ariblack78 1
Milloy: Sign of surrender won't deliver justice... Aug '14 Cat74 6
Howard alum Pep Hamilton football story Aug '14 Tom Shanahan 1
The Youth Unemployment Crisis Hits African-Amer... (Jul '14) Jul '14 UTB 15
Why I'm tired of hearing about 'that' movement (Jun '14) Jun '14 REDNECK SNAPPER 7
More from around the web