Optimism of whites in US lags blacks by big margin

Aug 1, 2013 Full story: Log Cabin Democrat 2,746

Americans' attitudes about their economic future are sharply divided by race, with whites significantly less likely than blacks or Hispanics to think they can improve their own standard of living.

Full Story

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2821 Sep 7, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you finally looked it up and now imply that you already knew all locomotives are driven by electricity.
Classic.
Nitpick all you want.

You know I meant they are powered by fossil fuels; primarily diesel.

Just because they use diesel to generate the electricity doesn't mean they're electric trains.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2822 Sep 7, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
"The rest of the story is, we all need to STOP buying products made in China NOW. That would allow factories to be moved back to the US over that 2-5 year period".
You really think that is feasable?
Did our sudden demand for wares in China cayse those jobs to outsource in the first place? If not then how will boycotting their wares do any good?
What is the biggest cause for US companies to move operations abroad?
Cheaper labor; bigger profits.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#2823 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact you can't understand the difference between preventing a pregnancy and aborting a pregnancy proves you're not a real doctor.
You most definitely should stick to veterinary medicine where you can't hurt any people. Though I feel sorry for any animal you may treat.
That is why people are purchasing weapons. We have fifty million pages on progressive doctrine detailing everything while costing the taxpayer tens and tens of trillions of dollars more with 700 trillion dollars in derivative debt instruments hanging over our heads. So when one of your experiments shows up to assault, kill, maim, rape and so much more an innocent person, bullets will be fired at the spawn of the progressive devil. Saul Alinsky lives!

Tawas City, Michigan

#2824 Sep 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions
If unions are the cause, then wouldn't all the auto manufacturers- one of the most heavily unionized businesses in the US- have moved their operations overseas long ago?

I agree unions drive up wages, but all Americans are responsible as well by demanding higher wages while at the same time refusing to pay higher costs for products.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2825 Sep 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, there is a long list of changes that must be made. But I do think buying American Made and boycotting the inferior, toxic, planned obsolescence products from China will help drive manufacturing back to the US.
The Unions and Big Government need to go for sure. But even if they do not, I would rather pay twice as much for a product that will last 10 times as long, and not poison me.
What we really need is another party that stands its ground on the 20 or so issues that must be addressed. A party that will not allow the cancer of Democrats or Republicans to invade their ranks and steer the effort toward a berm.
Americans already HAD that choice over the past 50 years, and the sheeple chose cheap foreign made products.

Those jobs are gone and aren't coming back; at least not until oil becomes so expensive that shipping products overseas negates the cost savings for manufacturers.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2826 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact you can't understand the difference between preventing a pregnancy and aborting a pregnancy proves you're not a real doctor.
You most definitely should stick to veterinary medicine where you can't hurt any people. Though I feel sorry for any animal you may treat.
Your rants are annoying. The poster was correct and you are not. Some BC pills abort pregnancies when they cause the fertilized egg to be expelled from the uterus. It's the best time to do it, if you don't want to have a baby.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2827 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nitpick all you want.
You know I meant they are powered by fossil fuels; primarily diesel.
Just because they use diesel to generate the electricity doesn't mean they're electric trains.
Shut up already, you were owned once again. The more you try to save face the uglier it becomes.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2828 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans already HAD that choice over the past 50 years, and the sheeple chose cheap foreign made products.
Those jobs are gone and aren't coming back; at least not until oil becomes so expensive that shipping products overseas negates the cost savings for manufacturers.
And who cares? Americans should be FREE to decide what they want to buy. Americans should educate themselves, it's their responsibility if they want to be free. I would avoid purchasing anything from China that you eat along with never purchasing anything you would put food on or in. No toys from China that a kid may put in their mouth. Someone is missing the boat by not creating athletic wear from the USA. Nike will eventually lose their status when another company produces products that are safe to wear. Nike products have all kinds of dyes and formaldehyde in their products which will soak into an athlete's skin when they sweat......talk about a target for cancer. Shoes are the worst. Nike will not give out information regarding how much of these dangerous additives are in their products because they are made in areas that have no regulation. An American company could compete if the govt backed off on all the needless restrictions and corp taxes so companies can afford to take the risk. Eliminate unions and there is a chance.

If people read the labels, they can avoid buying Chinese and pay close to or the same price for many items.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2829 Sep 7, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>Your rants are annoying. The poster was correct and you are not. Some BC pills abort pregnancies when they cause the fertilized egg to be expelled from the uterus. It's the best time to do it, if you don't want to have a baby.
I have no doubt you find the truth to be annoying.

The only pill which actually incudes an abortion is RU-486, and that is by prescription only and not available to the public even in pharmacies.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2830 Sep 7, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>Shut up already, you were owned once again. The more you try to save face the uglier it becomes.
And the ruder you get only proves I'm right.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2831 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>No, you simply twist and interpret statistics to say something which they don't.

You are correct that many things can't be accurately measured, especially when it relies on people being truthful. But that applies to whites as well as blacks. I could just as easily claim the same statistics show 75% of whites are likely to cheat on their spouses.

Your bias obviously drives your interpretation of stats.
Why don't you save yourself some time and just copy and past your standardized answer to every post?

Location hidden

#2832 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Not buying from China won't bring back any jobs.
Do tell

Location hidden

#2833 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>Cheaper labor; bigger profits.
Like I said. Unions.

Location hidden

#2834 Sep 7, 2013
Well guys, its been fun slapping sheeple around with y'all. I'm moving on to a forum minus the brain dead. Keep fighting the good fight.

Since: Dec 09

Oak Harbor, WA

#2835 Sep 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
Well guys, its been fun slapping sheeple around with y'all. I'm moving on to a forum minus the brain dead. Keep fighting the good fight.
Alright brother, see you around.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2836 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no doubt you find the truth to be annoying.
The only pill which actually incudes an abortion is RU-486, and that is by prescription only and not available to the public even in pharmacies.
It just goes to show you how little you know about medicine. A woman is pregnant when her offspring is developing inside her body which includes the time the fertilized egg is in the process of implanting. Conception is the first step in a pregnancy. There are BC pills that expel the fertilized, the implanted and implanting embryo. That is an abortion, idiot. Aborting /terminating a pregnancy at the earliest time is prudent and in the best interests of the woman. Certainly, there are some hysterics who don't agree with a woman's right to terminate her pregnacy even at this early stage but that is another discussion.

When a fertilized egg is expelled from the womb, the pregnancy has been terminated. Most of the time, a woman has no idea she was pregnant and it happens quite often with or without bc pills.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#2837 Sep 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And the ruder you get only proves I'm right.
You have been excessively rude to certain posters so I hardly think you should lecture me. When you are called out on a mistake, admit it and move on. Most folks do because everyone makes them. When you engage in these ridiculous games to save face, it takes away from the discussion.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2838 Sep 7, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
I accept your white flag of surrender.....

Tawas City, Michigan

#2839 Sep 7, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>It just goes to show you how little you know about medicine. A woman is pregnant when her offspring is developing inside her body which includes the time the fertilized egg is in the process of implanting. Conception is the first step in a pregnancy. There are BC pills that expel the fertilized, the implanted and implanting embryo. That is an abortion, idiot. Aborting /terminating a pregnancy at the earliest time is prudent and in the best interests of the woman. Certainly, there are some hysterics who don't agree with a woman's right to terminate her pregnacy even at this early stage but that is another discussion.
When a fertilized egg is expelled from the womb, the pregnancy has been terminated. Most of the time, a woman has no idea she was pregnant and it happens quite often with or without bc pills.
Unless the fertilized embryo was implanted in the uterus, then the pregnancy was PREVENTED.

Without successful implantation there is no pregnancy; only a fertilized embryo.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2840 Sep 7, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>You have been excessively rude to certain posters so I hardly think you should lecture me. When you are called out on a mistake, admit it and move on. Most folks do because everyone makes them. When you engage in these ridiculous games to save face, it takes away from the discussion.
I seldom make mistakes; when I do I admit to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Howard University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the sekou think tank: a refelction of the diaspora Sep 11 ariblack78 1
More bad news for Malaysia Airlines Aug '14 _malon_goblok 2
Milloy: Sign of surrender won't deliver justice... Aug '14 Cat74 6
Howard alum Pep Hamilton football story Aug '14 Tom Shanahan 1
The Youth Unemployment Crisis Hits African-Amer... Jul '14 UTB 15
Why I'm tired of hearing about 'that' movement Jun '14 REDNECK SNAPPER 7
Paulette Brown to Become the First Black Woman ... May '14 ShiningElectron 2

Howard University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE