Old Romney, new Obama: 5 things we learned from the debate

Full story: CNN

While President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney were ostensibly responding to questions from uncommitted voters at a town hall-style debate on Tuesday, they found plenty of opportunities to attack each other during the 90-minute encounter.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Oct 17, 2012

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Sept 12 2012 obama Rose Garden debate spin/lie...

1)“The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

2) Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

3) As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

4) No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.”

A) The second sentence in the second paragraph is binding and b. h. obama uses it to later point blame at a video. A video which he blamed and talked about for two weeks all while denying any terrorist attack.
Further note the words “senseless violence” in the third sentence and the last two words of the second paragraph where b. h. obama refers to the murderous reaction due to said denigrating religious beliefs as "brutal acts" and Not Acts of Terror, Terrorists or Terrorism.

B) In the final paragraph b. h. obama clearly uses the No Acts of Terror line as a generality. The No Acts of Terror line is without question superseded by the second sentence in the second paragraph and the third sentence “senseless violence” and the last two words in the second paragraph,“brutal acts.” And in the forth paragraph the murders are called,“terrible acts.”

In other words b. h. obama is a weasel who never said Libya 9/11 was a terrorist attack in the Rose Garden or anywhere else for two weeks and instead chose to blame the murders of 4 Americans on a movie not once but many times. There is no way b. h. obama called Libya 9/11a terrorist attack in his Rose Garden speech.

Obviously b. h. obama lied, covered up and misled the American people about Libya 9/11 and Mitt Romney was correct.
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

As with the Biden victory over Ryan, you can tell just from the Faux News response.

If they say the Democrat "lost badly," it was a narrow Dem loss.

If they say the reTHUGlican "won a narrow victory," it was a draw.

And in both of these cases, if they say "It was a draw," then the Democrat won.

When you know how to read them, they're actually fairly accurate....LOL
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

ontheJohnInLa wrote:
Sept 12 2012 John's Rose Garden debate spin/lie...
...blah, blah, blah...
In other words b. h. obama is a weasel who never said Libya 9/11 was a terrorist attack in the Rose Garden or anywhere else for two weeks and instead chose to blame the murders of 4 Americans on a movie not once but many times. There is no way b. h. obama called Libya 9/11a terrorist attack in his Rose Garden speech.
Obviously b. h. obama lied, covered up and misled the American people about Libya 9/11 and Mitt Romney was correct.
IOW, Obama threw Mittens' cheap, partisan lie about his response to the attacks into the toilet, where it and you belong, toilet boy.

Obama called it a terrorist act.

Romney lied and claimed Obama was "taking the side of America's enemies."

What Obama has said about his response is true; Romney's claims are proven LIES.

Once again, Mittens, ReTHUGgies, and Toilet Boy will lie about ANYTHING to try to get control of the American government. They CANNOT be allowed to do that.

Obama
2012
Barack is a Farce

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, Obama threw Mittens' cheap, partisan lie about his response to the attacks into the toilet, where it and you belong, toilet boy.
Obama called it a terrorist act.
Romney lied and claimed Obama was "taking the side of America's enemies."
What Obama has said about his response is true; Romney's claims are proven LIES.
Once again, Mittens, ReTHUGgies, and Toilet Boy will lie about ANYTHING to try to get control of the American government. They CANNOT be allowed to do that.
Obama
2012
I strongly disagree!

Romney 2012!

While Obama did say the words "act of terror" in the rose garden the context makes it clear that he was referring to 9/11/2001. Further how does it make any sense that he would admit on day 2 that it was an act of terror, then spend the next 14 days denying that? That doesn't logically flow.

Candy Crowley admitted she was mistaken too about Barack. She explained in excess detail how she was very well informed over the "act of terror" detail because she read up in advance. Too much explaining is a red flag.

If you follow the exchange at the debate, you'll see Barack set her up to agree with him that he said "an act of terror" following which Michelle immediately clapped on cue. Crowley had been told by Barack's spin doctors that the phrase "act of terror" was used in his Rose Garden speech. WHAT CROWLEY WASN'T TOLD BY HIS SPIN DOCTORS IS THAT BARACK NEVER USED "AN ACT OF TERROR" TO REFER SPECIFICALLY TO BENGHAZI.

Barack cannot hid behind the fact that he was denying Benghazi was a terrorist attack in his show circuits the following two weeks after the Rose Garden. Karma come back to bite him for frolicking around and campaigning while the embassy was in shambles with the Al Q flag flying.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Barack is a Farce wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly disagree!
Romney 2012!
While Obama did say the words "act of terror" in the rose garden the context makes it clear that he was referring to 9/11/2001. Further how does it make any sense that he would admit on day 2 that it was an act of terror, then spend the next 14 days denying that? That doesn't logically flow.
Candy Crowley admitted she was mistaken too about Barack. She explained in excess detail how she was very well informed over the "act of terror" detail because she read up in advance. Too much explaining is a red flag.
If you follow the exchange at the debate, you'll see Barack set her up to agree with him that he said "an act of terror" following which Michelle immediately clapped on cue. Crowley had been told by Barack's spin doctors that the phrase "act of terror" was used in his Rose Garden speech. WHAT CROWLEY WASN'T TOLD BY HIS SPIN DOCTORS IS THAT BARACK NEVER USED "AN ACT OF TERROR" TO REFER SPECIFICALLY TO BENGHAZI.
Barack cannot hid behind the fact that he was denying Benghazi was a terrorist attack in his show circuits the following two weeks after the Rose Garden. Karma come back to bite him for frolicking around and campaigning while the embassy was in shambles with the Al Q flag flying.
You've got to laugh at harvey the DNC lap dog diving in to defend a corrupt party. Both sides have such sheep. Harvey is a shameless tool.
CZars_R_Us

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 17, 2012
 
Obama is a lier, plane and simple!! It took them 7 days to admit that it was an attack. If they did not have the info for that amount of time, like Biden said, then they are calling all the branches of Goverment involved incompetent.

He did finally admit that the buck does stop at his desk; after Hillary showed him how to man up some.

The buck finally stops at Obamas desk, but the bus stops on Hillary.
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 17, 2012
 
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, Obama threw Mittens' cheap, partisan lie about his response to the attacks into the toilet, where it and you belong, toilet boy.
Obama called it a terrorist act.
Romney lied and claimed Obama was "taking the side of America's enemies."
What Obama has said about his response is true; Romney's claims are proven LIES.
Once again, Mittens, ReTHUGgies, and Toilet Boy will lie about ANYTHING to try to get control of the American government. They CANNOT be allowed to do that.
Obama
2012
behind on your news harvey the hypo? Romeny was right and unfair biased ironic name Candy admitted she was wrong about it Obama NEVER called it a terrorist act the day after.
You are truley a clueless waste!

Candy Crowley gets it wrong: Obama never called Benghazi a ‘terror attack’ in Rose Garden speech

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...

A review of the official transcript on the White House website and the video from the Rose Garden address shows that not once did the president call the Benghazi attack a "terror attack." He used the word "terror" exactly once, late in his address:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/vi...

Now go get a napkin cuase you just go served AGIAN BY ME hahahaah!
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 17, 2012
 
Perhaps Harvey the hypo should read a credible news source instead of his Daily Kos boards...

HARVEY THE HYPO YOU ARE OWNED AGAIN!

Please make sure you add that disclaimer to whatever you say
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 17, 2012
 
The actual transcropt you can google before you open your fat mouth

"I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America's commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya's transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward."
-OBAMA

THAT IS THE EXACT TRANSCRIPT FROM THE WHITEHOUSE

CARE TO SHOW WHERE OBAMA CALLS IT AN ACT OF TERROR???

The worst part of this is not what Obama said the day after but the 14 days between where he was doing the View, late show, and speaking in front of the UN apologizing for a Youtube video. What a joke!
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 17, 2012
 
Back to the Farce wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly disagree!
Romney 2012!
While Obama did say the words "act of terror" in the rose garden the context makes it clear that he was referring to 9/11/2001...blah, blah, blah.....
LOL! What a DESPERATE lie that was! He said "NO acts [note: plural] of terrror will shake the resolve" of the United States. That doesn't just refer to 9/11, you idiot! Why would he be talking EXCLUSIVELY about 9/11/01 when denouncing a CURRENT attack on our consulate??

Desperate lying and spinning from the radical, America-hating, partisan Right. Pathetic.
harvey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 17, 2012
 
KeepinGmahBIGmothOpen wrote:
The actual transcropt you can google before you open your fat mouth
..blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine....UN apologizing for a Youtube video. What a joke!
You are a f---ing joke, that's for sure, douchebag. Here's the transcript of the words Obama spoke the next morning in the f---ing Rose Garden:

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/20...

The YouTube video WAS the cause for much rioting across the Arab/Muslim world, as sane people who follow the news know [note: this doesn't include you or other Faux News F---heads] and there was confusion at first as to who precisely had done the killing.

But what's INEXCUSABLE is how scumbag terrorist sympathizers like Romney and yourself use this thuggish attack to conduct their OWN attacks on our President while giving the terrorists a free pass.

Please, put yourself out of our misery. Preferably forever.
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 17, 2012
 
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>You've got to laugh at harvey the DNC lap dog diving in to defend a corrupt party. Both sides have such sheep. Harvey is a shameless tool.
That he is and yes both the far right and left are sheep. He is very easy to prove wrong as well.
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 17, 2012
 
Peace out harvey the hypo! Do some research and stop being stuck on stupid your whole life lol
Ill leave you with this dipy

(Video) Candy Crowley admits she was wrong and Mitt was right on Benghazi

http://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2012/10/vi...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 17, 2012
 
CNN..Gubmint news for people that like that sort of thing, like in Russia.
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 17, 2012
 
Im sure you also think ending tax cuts is not a tax increase lol ROFL you better tell Biden that!
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 17, 2012
 
and havery is a topix tough guy but a puss in real life!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hofstra University Discussions

Search the Hofstra University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mental health issues in college students rising (Aug '10) Jan '14 Lynette 3
Stony Brook in top 100 of U.S. News' annual ran... (Sep '13) Sep '13 oh Please 1
Psychologists eye stress response to Hurricane ... (Nov '12) Sep '13 Erik 4
Video: al Qaeda in Syria (Aug '13) Aug '13 Retired SOF 5
Slain Hofstra student Andrea Rebello's family s... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Blaze 1
What's happening on Long Island this weekend (Jul '13) Jul '13 CWG-Design 1
Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle (May '13) May '13 rtloder 28
•••
•••