However Modest, May Day Rally Showcases Immigrants' Reawakening

May 3, 2009 Full story: www.truthout.org 11

Today's May Day rallies in favor of immigration reform may have been smaller than the historic mass demonstrations of 2006, but they carried an important political message.

Full Story

“Natural laws have no pity”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#1 May 3, 2009
excerpt;
"We live in that darkness because we have to," said a 40-year-old undocumented immigrant from El Salvador who has been in the United States six years, working as a carpenter. "We hide because we must."

No you don't. You are more than welcome to return to your home country.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#2 May 3, 2009
Agent of Chaos wrote:
excerpt;
"We live in that darkness because we have to," said a 40-year-old undocumented immigrant from El Salvador who has been in the United States six years, working as a carpenter. "We hide because we must."
No you don't. You are more than welcome to return to your home country.
Exactly. No one is forcing them to do this. No one forced them to come here. They can return to their mother countries and then there won't be any further need to be in the shadows! How cool is that?!

Why is it that only citizens are supposed to be personally responsible and face the consequences of their actions, while illegal aliens are GIVEN every excuse imaginable?!

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#3 May 3, 2009
What's up with commenting on the female singer wearing "short shorts"? Is that to show us these people don't even have the common sense given to a billy goat that one doesn't dress like a skank at a family event?!

++Quote:
Now, encouraged perhaps by a more flexible White House stance on immigration, they're beginning to speak out again. They've heard Obama's vague promises to "move" on immigration reform this year, but haven't seen any concrete results. Impatience is beginning to show.
++End Quote

Yep, no surprise there! Can't get what they want quickly, easily and cheaply, they take it. This must kill them that they cannot *TAKE* BEING MADE LEGAL...and they must wait for someone to help them.

What's this:

++Quote:
The organizer then counted off the years that reform's been delayed: "2006, 2007, 2008, 2009," he intoned. "It's a shame but it appears Congress is deaf; our representatives don't want to hear us."
++End Quote

They do not represent illegal aliens, sorry to inform the guy. They represent citizens, and we citizens said NO! And we said it quite loudly. Why do these immigration advocates do their best to mix up illegal and legal?

Awww... "I want my mommy back" and "stop breaking up families" Boo Hoo. NOT! They broke up their own families, and if the brat wants his mommy back, he should call her and ask why the selfish lady didn't bring him with. I guess he's not that much of a jackpot in her mother country.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#4 May 3, 2009
Can they get any more stupid?

++Quote:
In chants and speeches, the demonstrators demanded legal status for the nation's 12 million undocumented immigrants, arguing their contributions to the U.S. economy in low-wage, dirty jobs meant they had earned the right to some sort of legal status. The demonstrators argued it's inherently unsafe and unfair for 4 percent of the U.S. population to live in the murk of illegality, driving without drivers' licenses, falling prey to scams, crimes and exploitative employers.
++End Quote

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, PEOPLE! Take some! Consequences for your actions! Accept them!

Working hard does not give someone the inherent right to break laws and be rewarded for it! We all work hard. That does not give us more rights than the next person.

I'll guarantee if I break into a person's house and work hard to scrub it clean, when that person comes home, they will be calling the police and no amount of telling the house owner or the police (or the courts!) about how hard I worked and thus should be allowed to stay there is going to change their minds.

Why the double standard?

Send the damn illegals home!
Dallas

Littleton, CO

#5 May 3, 2009
Unemployment currently in the construction industry is 21.5%. This illegal working in construction illegally is needed here, why?
Clearly he's not "living in the shadows" on
construction jobs! bye bye

“Praise the Lord& Pass the ammo”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 May 3, 2009
Nubia M. López, founder and president of the Hempstead-based Salvadoran Civic Committee, said she has lived in the United States for 29 years, but that she helps advocate for immigration reform because she wants the undocumented, "who have nothing," to receive the same blessings she's enjoyed.

Now, she's a citizen. "I'd like them to have the same opportunities I had in the 1980s."

If they're given a chance, she said, "the economy will flourish."
Is she an expert in Economics?

Where did she get her Master's Degree?

[/SARC]
outraged

United States

#7 May 3, 2009
Rebel wrote:
Can they get any more stupid?
++Quote:
In chants and speeches, the demonstrators demanded legal status for the nation's 12 million undocumented immigrants, arguing their contributions to the U.S. economy in low-wage, dirty jobs meant they had earned the right to some sort of legal status. The demonstrators argued it's inherently unsafe and unfair for 4 percent of the U.S. population to live in the murk of illegality, driving without drivers' licenses, falling prey to scams, crimes and exploitative employers.
++End Quote
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, PEOPLE! Take some! Consequences for your actions! Accept them!
Working hard does not give someone the inherent right to break laws and be rewarded for it! We all work hard. That does not give us more rights than the next person.
I'll guarantee if I break into a person's house and work hard to scrub it clean, when that person comes home, they will be calling the police and no amount of telling the house owner or the police (or the courts!) about how hard I worked and thus should be allowed to stay there is going to change their minds.
Why the double standard?
Send the damn illegals home!
Good morning Rebel! We all know the illegal aliens take no personal responsibility!

How about this scenario ? The home that was broken into was during a time the homeowners were busy and away on vacation. So they decide to stay in their home. During that time cousins come by one of them needs a job, so the IA’s 'borrow' a Social security card, from the house. It is passed on to someone who makes copies and sells them (free enterprise) with money from that another relative opens up a landscape business, another a restaurant, using the home owners children’s SS#'s. Our government is so impressed with all these illegal aliens opening new businesses that Alan Greenspan declares ‘illegal aliens’ help grow the United States economy.

More get jobs working at factories using some of the SS#s, they want to work and feed their families too! Meanwhile, those that are ill use the health insurance of the home owners.(the social outlets meant for American citizens) This gives the illegal alien more “disposable income” than the citizens that abide by the laws and PAY for their health insurance.

Politicians think these hard working people deserve to become citizens. They will forgive the multiple laws broken. The harm ID theft has caused the penalty, interest and back taxes the IRS made law abiding citizen-victims pay on “their”“undeclared income”!

That is what we face as a nation of law abiding citizens with the betrayal of those elected to office. The new push will include no penalty for stealing social security numbers (the last one didn‘t ). It will not include those people going to jail for crimes that citizens are and will continue to go to jail for committing!

Congress will not demand, as part of amnesty , that their be any audit of the illegal aliens ‘income’ to see if they obtained welfare fraudulently! Yet, I know disabled people that have lost their ability to get health care and a check for months! Why? Because we gave them groceries and that was counted as undeclared income.

Send the illegal aliens back to the nations they came from!!!
Unequal application / prosecution of our LAWS is UNJUST!

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#8 May 3, 2009
outraged wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Rebel! We all know the illegal aliens take no personal responsibility!
How about this scenario ? The home that was broken into was during a time the homeowners were busy and away on vacation. So they decide to stay in their home. During that time cousins come by one of them needs a job, so the IA’s 'borrow' a Social security card, from the house. It is passed on to someone who makes copies and sells them (free enterprise) with money from that another relative opens up a landscape business, another a restaurant, using the home owners children’s SS#'s. Our government is so impressed with all these illegal aliens opening new businesses that Alan Greenspan declares ‘illegal aliens’ help grow the United States economy.
More get jobs working at factories using some of the SS#s, they want to work and feed their families too! Meanwhile, those that are ill use the health insurance of the home owners.(the social outlets meant for American citizens) This gives the illegal alien more “disposable income” than the citizens that abide by the laws and PAY for their health insurance.
Politicians think these hard working people deserve to become citizens. They will forgive the multiple laws broken. The harm ID theft has caused the penalty, interest and back taxes the IRS made law abiding citizen-victims pay on “their”“undeclared income”!
That is what we face as a nation of law abiding citizens with the betrayal of those elected to office. The new push will include no penalty for stealing social security numbers (the last one didn‘t ). It will not include those people going to jail for crimes that citizens are and will continue to go to jail for committing!
Congress will not demand, as part of amnesty , that their be any audit of the illegal aliens ‘income’ to see if they obtained welfare fraudulently! Yet, I know disabled people that have lost their ability to get health care and a check for months! Why? Because we gave them groceries and that was counted as undeclared income.
Send the illegal aliens back to the nations they came from!!!
Unequal application / prosecution of our LAWS is UNJUST!
Amen! And it makes me wonder even more about the supporters of illegal aliens!

Since: Jul 08

Newport Beach, CA

#9 May 3, 2009
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! And it makes me wonder even more about the supporters of illegal aliens!
Rebel see your back at even on Sunday , Go to church sweetie!
outraged

United States

#10 May 3, 2009
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! And it makes me wonder even more about the supporters of illegal aliens!
It is beyond comprehension, Rebel. It is insanity to support the madness of allowing millions of people that we know have broken multiple laws not only to be "excused from prosecution" but to be given 'citizenship' as a reward for doing it!

What does that say to any law abiding citizen? It says YOU the citizen are INFERIOR humans/slaves to the government and WILL be prosecuted for breaking the same laws! YOU the citizen will be sent to jail and separated from YOUR children! The children of citizens do not matter as much as the children of illegal aliens, that is just one of the many "shadow messages" being clearly sent from the halls of Congress and the office of the president!

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#11 May 3, 2009
joeblue wrote:
<quoted text>Rebel see your back at even on Sunday , Go to church sweetie!
I am pretty sure you who support law breakers are much more in need of Church than the rest of us.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

Rom 13:2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

Proverbs 25:17
Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbor’s house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee.

Friendliness includes visits and communication. But too much of either can be a burden and spoil friendships, like too much honey can make you vomit (25:16).

Excess will lead to contempt and hatred, so Solomon urges temperance and moderation even with friends.

Exodus 20:15
Thou shalt not steal.

Illegal aliens steal documents to obtain work in the US.

Exodus 20:17
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house; thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbor’s.

Illegal aliens covet what the American people have.

Matthew 22:21
They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

We are to obey the law of the land.

This is not necessarily hate, but at least resentment against people who come to our Country and lie, cheat, steal, and bring diseases that have been eradicated here for years.

Demanding things they have no right to in the US.
Legal immigrants have been welcomed here for a long time.

It is the illegal aliens who are not welcome.

One more note:
To get someone to respect you, you have to respect them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hofstra University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hofstra student who is Sikh sues U.S. Army over... Nov 20 Fred 15
Mental health issues in college students rising (Aug '10) Jan '14 Lynette 3
Stony Brook in top 100 of U.S. News' annual ran... (Sep '13) Sep '13 oh Please 1
Psychologists eye stress response to Hurricane ... (Nov '12) Sep '13 Erik 4
Video: al Qaeda in Syria (Aug '13) Aug '13 Retired SOF 5
Slain Hofstra student Andrea Rebello's family s... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Blaze 1
What's happening on Long Island this weekend (Jul '13) Jul '13 CWG-Design 1

Hofstra University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE