Romney Challenged on How He Got the Binder Full of Women Managers

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: abcnews.go.com

Mitt Romney's troubles with his "binder full of women" comment isn't over as Massachusetts women are challenging his version of how he got that binder and his record of hiring top women managers.

In answer to a question from a voter about pay discrepancies between men and women during Tuesday night's debate, Romney recalled how when he became governor of Massachusetts he sought out top level women.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney leads President Obama by four percentage points among likely voters in the nation's top battlegrounds, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, and he has growing enthusiasm among women to thank.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstories/arti...
U issso booteefool

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney leads President Obama by four percentage points among likely voters in the nation's top battlegrounds, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, and he has growing enthusiasm among women to thank.
go get yo Candy for hallloweeeee yet? ;-000
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Are those binders full of Playboys? Yep!
justwaiting

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Don't think for a minute that ole Mitt can relate to single mothers, struggling middle class families or the women in the "binder". If he were to become president he will put this country right back where we were when the Bush's ran the country. And I found him to be very disrespectful in the way he responded to the President during the debate.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Mitt is toast if half the people laughing at him on the internet vote.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

milquetoast mitt will be buried by the ladies.

hahahahahahahahaha
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

As I have mentioned numerous times why have the following extreme LEFTY states never had a female governor ?

Ca., NY., Il.,My. and Ma.?

While so called conservative states of Tx, S.C. and Az.( 4 in a row R & D).

If you have ever been involved into getting women in non-traditional jobs the binder is a helpful tool.

He said he worked with various women's groups to get those female candidates to fill the binders.

What is LEFTY going to do to get female governors in the LEFTY I mentioned ?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

“I had the chance to pull together a cabinet, and all the applicants seemed to be men,” he elaborated.“I went to my staff, and I said,‘How come all the people for these jobs are all men?' They said,‘Well, these are the people that have the qualifications.’”

Feminist avenger Romney apparently didn't like that answer so, he continued, he started a one-man ladies’ affirmative-action program. He went to his minions and said,“‘Gosh, can't we find some women that are also qualified?’ And so we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet. I went to a number of women's groups and said,‘Can you help us find folks?’ and they brought us whole binders full of women.”

In fact, Romney did not direct women's groups to bring him female candidates, Boston Phoenix reporter David Bernstein points out. A non-partisan collaboration of women’s groups called Massachusetts Government Appointments Project (MassGAP) was responsible for the effort in 2002, when the group's leaders realized that women held only 30 percent of the top appointed positions in the state.

This statement, too, is misleading. While 42 percent of Romney’s appointments during his first two and a half years as governor were women, the number of women in high-level appointed positions actually declined to 27.6 percent during his full tenure as governor, according to a 2007 MassGAP study.

BTW the question was about female wage inequality.

A question Romney didn't answer but didn't even remotely address but sure made a liar and a fool of himself, once again.

Poor "wannabe" teabagger.

He's getting there, one lie at a time.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

This is the Romney Tax Plan. Now, explain it. I dare any of you Republiscum to explain any of it.

http://www.romneytaxplan.com/
3OHA

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

As with every non-issue the Left manufactures, this one's starting to slap their pimply faces. Former female cabinet members and spokespeople for the women's groups supplying the "binders" are now coming forward to establish just how superb Romney's intent and actions were.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Romney's Binders of Women = Polygamist Mormon Joy Book

The Joy Book is a book of young girls with their photos (body parts) and stats. It is for old men like Romney to drool over and select new 'wives' for their harem.

Sharia has nothing on Romney Mormon where all 12 year old boys can order around women of any age. Women, like black before them, are considered stupid and childish and not worthy of being trusted with any Romney Mormon responsibilities.

No self-respecting, decent American woman would support the vile Ryan/Romney/Antichrist campaign.

100% of women who support Romney are self-loathing morons.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Lest we forget, Paul some girls rape easy Ryan does not believe that rape exists. He thinks women just lie about it.

What self-respecting, decent woman would support a pathetic troll like Paul some girls rape easy Ryan.

None.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

3OHA wrote:
As with every non-issue the Left manufactures, this one's starting to slap their pimply faces. Former female cabinet members and spokespeople for the women's groups supplying the "binders" are now coming forward to establish just how superb Romney's intent and actions were.
Romney's perverted girly Joy Book is now out in public.

Romney cut the number of women in senior positions to around one/quarter of the total. Women were under represented in Romney's administration as was the truth, decency, morality, competence and maturity.

Romney in Mass:

-47th in job creation

-1st in debt creation

-66% DISAPPROVAL rating

Mass hated Romney and still does. In fact, the former governor is over 20 points behind Obama in Mass.

What does that say about Romney the lying grifter FAILURE in his ONLY GOVERNING JOB. Romney is a failure at governing but, of course, Republiscums love ****ups.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney's perverted girly Joy Book is now out in public.
Romney cut the number of women in senior positions to around one/quarter of the total.
The first step in making sense is personal hygiene. You don't make any sense.

Women actually involved with Romney in putting women in positions of his cabinet and elsewhere in his administration have more credibility than these manufactured claims of yours. They are speaking to the issue and you should listen.
3OHA

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Romney increased the number of women in top government positions as Governor, using lists of names supplied by women's groups. He carefully chooses qualified women to fill positions.

Obama, speaking yesterday at Cornell, says that he has plenty of young women "ready to learn" after he appoints them to important positions. Obama chooses unqualified women to fill positions.

Consider it carefully; which executive practice makes more sense?
GOOD MITT

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Billy Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Those binders must have been sent to Iraq and somehow gotten "lost" along with all those WMD's.
http://www.electoral-vote.com/
Poor Etchy - campaigning for 10 years and he has nothing. This time in 2008 old dude McScumbag was doing better than Etchy is.
Barack's contrivances about binders are falling on deaf ears.

Focus groups with women showed upticks for Romney when he spoke about unacceptable unemployment rates for women under Barack, and proactively seeking female applicants because the data base was lacking. The Massachusetts Woman's association although trying to slime Romney, in doing so confirmed that Romney did act on finding more QUALIFIED women applicants and filled positions with them working with them to accomodate important family responsibilities. Instead of telling the applicants he cannot hire them because men can work overtime, he agreed that FAMILY IS IMPORTANT and a compromise on flex time was needed to KEEP THE VALUED FEMALE ENTREPRENEURS.

Media keep farting about how Romney mentions they must go home to cook. Well what is flex time except to look after your family, and COOKING A HEALTHY MEAL ON TIME IS IMPORTANT. WHY DO LIBERALS INSIST THAT A WOMAN'S WORK TO LOOK AFTER THEIR CHILDREN AND BE HOME ON TIME SO KIDS ARE NOT LATCH KEY, IS LOWLY?

The only woman's issues Barack is focused on is genocide and the prevention of a next generation. Rights of a new baby don't trump woman's rights. Barack throws contraception and free abortions at women, and tell them NOW GO VOTE. Women are not that dumb and the issue they have IS NOT JUST ABORTION AND CONTRACEPTION. THAT IS A STEREOTYPE BY BARACK AND DEMOCRATS. THEY DUMB DOWN WOMEN LIKE THEY DUMB DOWN BLACKS.
conservative crapola

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

rugby has no respect for individual women. It's that inbred polygamy thing.
Justin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

It sounds to me like what Romney was saying was that he put the word out that he was looking to hire more women for executive positions. So "women's group",(which could be the chamber of commerce, recruitment firms, etc.) brought him binders (those plastic things that hold paper) of qualified job candidates.

Someome explain to me the controversy here.

"..Romney was explaining that as the governor of Massachusetts searching for qualified women to fill cabinet posts, women’s groups brought him “binders full of women” who were good candidates.."
"..“And I said,‘Well, gosh, can’t we — can’t we find some — some women that are also qualified?” Romney said.“I went to a number of women’s groups and said,‘Can you help us find folks,’ and they brought us whole binders full of women.”.."

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

The real question is:

How many top exec women did old Mitt hire for the Utah Olympics, and at Bain Capital ???

Well, it seems that one of twenty was Mitt's Bain record on Equal Opportunity.

And the 2002 Utah Olympics?
ZERO for NINE women.

Spotlight off, Mitt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Mitt's only interested in women for his Joy Book.

He likes all of those photographed body parts.

Mitt is kinda pervy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hofstra University Discussions

Search the Hofstra University Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mental health issues in college students rising (Aug '10) Jan '14 Lynette 3
Stony Brook in top 100 of U.S. News' annual ran... (Sep '13) Sep '13 oh Please 1
Psychologists eye stress response to Hurricane ... (Nov '12) Sep '13 Erik 4
Video: al Qaeda in Syria (Aug '13) Aug '13 Retired SOF 5
Slain Hofstra student Andrea Rebello's family s... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Blaze 1
What's happening on Long Island this weekend (Jul '13) Jul '13 CWG-Design 1
Syrian opposition urges rebels to join key battle (May '13) May '13 rtloder 28
•••
•••
•••
•••