North Carolina stirs controversy over...

North Carolina stirs controversy over special licenses for undocumented immigrants

There are 4 comments on the The Raw Story story from Feb 25, 2013, titled North Carolina stirs controversy over special licenses for undocumented immigrants. In it, The Raw Story reports that:

North Carolina will begin to issue driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants who have been granted "lawful presence" in the country - but North Carolina is drawing criticism for how it will issue those licenses, reported Fox 8 . Licenses will be available to those who fall under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which applies ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Raw Story.

Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#1 Feb 25, 2013
I guess they have gotten tired of using the word "draconian" for any state law that doesn't make illegal aliens feel comfortable and American in every way except the paper!

I ask you, what's wrong with making people who are not suppose to be here uncomfortable? What's wrong with making illegal aliens easily identifiable?!!! Geeze!
Anonymous

Wilmette, IL

#2 Feb 25, 2013
I see no problem with this DL,after all they are unlawfully here.I thought all the ranting and raving was about the ability to acquire a drivers license so they can drive to work/school.
These individuals need to realize they have it good.What Obama did(E.O.) for them was a good deal.They need to quiet down,walk away with their license and move on. They can now go to College with grants, they can drive to work/school(whichis why they wanted this DL in the first place), hold a jobs,etc.
Sometime it's best to be grateful with what you have and have accomplished then to continue to complain and ask for more.
Most Americans are not to happy with this situation as it is , so to continue to demand and complain sometimes will get you absolutely "Nothing".

It just goes to show us that they are never satisfied and will continue to demand for more.
Americans are hurting as it is and to come and expect more will fuel resentment in most.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#3 Feb 25, 2013
"North Carolina will begin to issue driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants who have been granted “lawful presence” in the country."

This is a lie, no illegal alien has been granted any lawful presence in this country. Only congress can make anyone legal or a citizen and as of yet they have not.

Obama's policy is no person 16-30 should be deported because they are in the country illegally, that is not lawful presence if it were they all would be given greencards. This temp policy is only good for 2 years at a wack.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 25, 2013
"There’s a better chance he’s going to get a citation or a warning and sent on his way versus ending up at the magistrate’s office and ending up in the local jail” if he or she has a license, he said."

So a license is a get out of jail free card. Unless the driver gets a felony DUI and that's a fast track to deportation. Leaving the scene of a accident is a felony too and also deportable offense.

"Another 2010 report by the NHTSA,“Special Report on Race/Ethnicity and Impaired Driving,” found that among other groups, Hispanics are “less likely” to believe that driving while intoxicated is a “safety problem” or that they will be caught in the act."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/lati...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

High Point University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News High Point to name new basketball court for alu... (Feb '17) Mar '17 bulk 3
News Companies reconsidering North Carolina over LGB... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Retired SOF 2
News Two Republican governors, two different calcula... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Christaliban 3
News Can ginger help reduce muscle damage post-exerc... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Silly times 1
News Man Wanted for Gang-Related Murders in Los Ange... (Jun '09) Jun '15 Nancy 50
News Cosby removed as advisor at High Point University (Nov '14) Nov '14 IR Love 6
News Hagan, Tillis Still Tied in North Carolina Sena... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ace McMillan 3