Pieces of dead whale litter Kaneohe intersection

Jul 17, 2008 Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin 31

Motorists on Kahekili Highway in Kaneohe experienced an unusual traffic delay this afternoon as putrefying pieces of whale carcass fell off a flatbed truck onto the roadway.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Link source

San Mateo, CA

#2 Jul 19, 2008
Grimm's Fairy Tales?

“in all things be pono, aloha”

Since: Aug 07

moloka'I, hawaii

#3 Jul 19, 2008
really? so they finally hauled that whale away and lost half of it on the road? nice job, guys!
rmember that video about a whale being blown up infront of spectators on the oregon coast? plop, plop, big stinky chunks smashing hoods of cars, people running for their lives. yucky!

“4 "Blondie"”

Since: Nov 07

;-) @>--;--

#5 Jul 19, 2008
It was already in pieces and the cause of death was unknown!?

“4 "Blondie"”

Since: Nov 07

;-) @>--;--

#6 Jul 19, 2008
What a waste of space in a paper.
Char Siu Bao Girl

AOL

#7 Jul 19, 2008
Smooth!!!!!!!!!
red ginger

Honolulu, HI

#20 Jul 20, 2008
what does a dead whale smell like?

moloka'I, hawaii

#21 Jul 20, 2008
red ginger wrote:
like rotten fish. guaranteed to attract all the flies from the surrounding neighborhood.
Richard Richardson

Honolulu, HI

#23 Jul 20, 2008
As a kid I watched the birds and crabs eat the whales that washed ashore. They did a very thorough job of cleaning up the mess. The bones eventually broke up on the rocks and were ground down by seasonal swells and such. Seemed like nature had done that sort of thing before.
Mahu

Honolulu, HI

#24 Jul 20, 2008
red ginger wrote:
It has a wonderful bouquet of fish and shrimp that has been thawed and then disgested by maggots for a week in a plastic kitchen garbage bag. It's aroma has been distilled to a disturbing and yet repulsive mash of liquified bacteria infested flesh. With a hint of sea salt spray.
dudealohajoe

United States

#25 Jul 20, 2008
red ginger wrote:
I went down on alice the last time and, um,...
Richard Richardson

Honolulu, HI

#26 Jul 20, 2008
dudealohajoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Da kine stay mo pilau bra.
Phew

Hilo, HI

#27 Jul 20, 2008
Mahu wrote:
<quoted text>It has a wonderful bouquet of fish and shrimp that has been thawed and then disgested by maggots for a week in a plastic kitchen garbage bag. It's aroma has been distilled to a disturbing and yet repulsive mash of liquified bacteria infested flesh. With a hint of sea salt spray.
You should be in perfume sales, with your "bouquet" pitch.
Phew

Hilo, HI

#28 Jul 20, 2008
Mahu wrote:
<quoted text>It has a wonderful bouquet of fish and shrimp that has been thawed and then disgested by maggots for a week in a plastic kitchen garbage bag. It's aroma has been distilled to a disturbing and yet repulsive mash of liquified bacteria infested flesh. With a hint of sea salt spray.
You may also qualify to sales pitch wine, with your "bouquet" concoctions. Someone will buy it.
Kupaa

Honolulu, HI

#29 Jul 21, 2008
dudealohajoe wrote:
<quoted text>
eh brah, did you have to get treated for an oral yeast infection? you could have been the starter for some ono pao doce.
dudealohajoe

United States

#30 Jul 21, 2008
Kupaa wrote:
<quoted text>
eh brah, did you have to get treated for an oral yeast infection? you could have been the starter for some ono pao doce.
Actually, the owner of a bagoong company just happened to pass by me, when he immediately rushed over and paid me to allow with to swab a culture sample as a flavor enhancer to his bagoong
hana okolele

Hauula, HI

#31 Jul 21, 2008
was the driver of the flatbed given a ticket for not tying the load properly? go get um boise generate that free revenue
dudealohajoe

United States

#32 Jul 21, 2008
U sure was one whale? I heard alice was seen on the same road that day, and had to use the bathroom.
A Fish Out of H2O

AOL

#33 Jul 21, 2008
Good job!!!!!!!!!
Poponut

Satellite Provider

#34 Jul 21, 2008
I think those responsible should have been cited for polluting the environment and obstructing traffic....very careless indeed!

moloka'I, hawaii

#35 Jul 21, 2008
kaneohe stinks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawaii Pacific University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honolulu's "Pimple Building" to keep its distin... (Sep '12) Sep '12 District 1 1
Hypnotism Can help You Conquer Problems (Apr '11) May '11 Mephisto Waltz 2
Abercrombie quiet so far on state's budget mess (Jan '11) Jan '11 Proud birther 1
Santa Ana's Greenwood & Hall lands partnership ... (May '10) May '10 Lisa 1
Tyro man to run for 12th District seat (Oct '09) Oct '09 JCM 1
Isle PR practitioners honor their stars (Jul '09) Jul '09 Ashleyscot 1
State tourism in 'crisis mode' (Apr '09) Apr '09 MORE SAD DAYS IN ... 1

Hawaii Pacific University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE