Study: Religion No Go-To for LGBs; Su...

Study: Religion No Go-To for LGBs; Suicide Risks Increase

There are 86 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 19, 2014, titled Study: Religion No Go-To for LGBs; Suicide Risks Increase. In it, EDGE reports that:

Put simply, god isn't helping LGB people deal with their issues. At least that's what the results of a new study from the Williams Institute says.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Jumper The wise

Morgantown, KY

#48 Jul 20, 2014
Nuts are hard to crack.
(so say nut crackers)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#49 Jul 20, 2014
Baptistism by Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize the second, short paragraph of my post you are replying to was so confounding.
You didn't answer the question. Why?
Baptistism by Proxy

Philadelphia, PA

#50 Jul 20, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question. Why?
Oh, you really enjoy pretending to be damaged.

Because I answered the non question question about whether similar data for str8 people would be interested.

Your serial problems with the racist pedo don't deserve serious reply.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#52 Jul 21, 2014
From what I can tell of the article, they make a presumption that anyone who considers suicide should consult either a mental health practitioner or a member of the clergy to assist them with their "problem". As bad as suicide is, I believe that it can be, in some instances, a logical solution to an unbearable problem. One such is a terminal illness or debilitating condition that a person may wish not to suffer through or impose on their family. I do not advocate suicide as an easy solution to every "problem", but I do believe that there are times which we should be allowed, and even assisted, in its' application. I, for one, hope that if I am ever faced with that situation, that I would have the courage to apply it as a solution.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#53 Jul 21, 2014
Baptistism by Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you really enjoy pretending to be damaged.
Because I answered the non question question about whether similar data for str8 people would be interested.
Your serial problems with the racist pedo don't deserve serious reply.
Why? You didn't answer the question yet.
Maggie Gallaghers Schmear

Philadelphia, PA

#54 Jul 21, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? You didn't answer the question yet.
Your non question questions have been answered. I guess you just have really severe problems.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55 Jul 21, 2014
Maggie Gallaghers Schmear wrote:
<quoted text>
Your non question questions have been answered. I guess you just have really severe problems.
Why? Do you even remember?
Maggie Gallaghers Schmear

Philadelphia, PA

#56 Jul 21, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Do you even remember?
If you get too cretinous or passive aggressive then I will likely just write you off as another Reverend Allen. Which you are.

By the way, your non question questions were answered. Too bad if you're too impaired. That will be the methadone clinic's, or whomever's, problem.
Homostats

Las Vegas, NV

#57 Jul 21, 2014
See "WasteWater", even your own kind think you are a dumbass.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#58 Jul 21, 2014
I hate to admit it, but I actually agree with [email protected] on the First amendment.

I personally have no use for ANY religion, and agree that it is the cause of many of the worlds problems... But as an "evil liberal" I am 100% AGAINST taking away people's rights to believe in whatever archaic superstitions they choose to believe in.

I am for EXPANDING personal freedoms and liberties, not limiting them. I'm also for expanding and improving education in the hopes that better educated future generations will be far less likely to believe in superstitious nonsense created by primitive middle-eastern goat herders thousands of years ago.

It is tempting to want to ban religion, since it is the source of so much strife... but if we do, we are no better than those who wish to impose their religion on us.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#59 Jul 21, 2014
Maggie Gallaghers Schmear wrote:
<quoted text>
If you get too cretinous or passive aggressive then I will likely just write you off as another Reverend Allen. Which you are.
By the way, your non question questions were answered. Too bad if you're too impaired. That will be the methadone clinic's, or whomever's, problem.
Taking things too seriously?

ROTFLMAO

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#60 Jul 21, 2014
Homostats wrote:
See "WasteWater", even your own kind think you are a dumbass.
Ask me if I care Jackass.
Jumper The wise

Morgantown, KY

#61 Jul 21, 2014
It seems as a society we think of homosexuals as a perverted class of people.

But as I grow older in age and wisdom I see how we prevent them from the freedoms the rest of us normal people enjoy.

I say if they wish to end their lives in guilt and shame,then we should allow them the same right as any disturbed person no matter their sexual preference.

Jumper The Wise

Dictated not read.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#62 Jul 21, 2014
Jumper The wise wrote:
It seems as a society we think of homosexuals as a perverted class of people.
But as I grow older in age and wisdom I see how we prevent them from the freedoms the rest of us normal people enjoy.
I say if they wish to end their lives in guilt and shame,then we should allow them the same right as any disturbed person no matter their sexual preference.
Jumper The Wise
Dictated not read.
WTF?

Are you really such a jackass?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#63 Jul 21, 2014
Jumper The wise wrote:
It seems as a society we think of homosexuals as a perverted class of people.
But as I grow older in age and wisdom I see how we prevent them from the freedoms the rest of us normal people enjoy.
I say if they wish to end their lives in guilt and shame,then we should allow them the same right as any disturbed person no matter their sexual preference.
Jumper The Wise
Dictated not read.
You never answered me when I asked you where you got the idea that you are "wise."

You most certainly are NOT.

Sorry to break it to you, but you don't get to pass off your personal ignorance and prejudice as what "society" thinks. And you most certainly are not "wiser" by believing that homophobia makes you a "normal" person.

A truly "wise" person is not so childish and callous about an issue such as suicide.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#64 Jul 21, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
Are you really such a jackass?
Yes... they really are.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#65 Jul 21, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... they really are.
So it seems.
Jumper The wise

Morgantown, KY

#66 Jul 21, 2014
Come on guys! Darnit! I'm trying to meet you half way on this.

If a man was in a burning building trapped with no way out and you had a gun,would you allow him to suffer a long painful death? Or would you do the kind thing and toss him the gun?
Jumper The wise

Morgantown, KY

#67 Jul 21, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered me when I asked you where you got the idea that you are "wise."
You most certainly are NOT!
Hey! Everyone says an Owl is the wisest creature on earth,but if you questioned it,it would screech at you and poop itself from fear.

Eh...? Take that Mr.Foot ball!
Maggie Gallaghers Schmear

Philadelphia, PA

#68 Jul 21, 2014
Tre H wrote:
I hate to admit it, but I actually agree with [email protected] on the First amendment.
I personally have no use for ANY religion, and agree that it is the cause of many of the worlds problems... But as an "evil liberal" I am 100% AGAINST taking away people's rights to believe in whatever archaic superstitions they choose to believe in.
I am for EXPANDING personal freedoms and liberties, not limiting them. I'm also for expanding and improving education in the hopes that better educated future generations will be far less likely to believe in superstitious nonsense created by primitive middle-eastern goat herders thousands of years ago.
It is tempting to want to ban religion, since it is the source of so much strife... but if we do, we are no better than those who wish to impose their religion on us.
No reason to frame any of that as having anything to do with the pedo's drivel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvard University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Waianae HS student Harvard-bound; 1st since 1980 (May '14) Nov 7 Dr Guru 4
News Schools seek to help immigrants amid mixed sign... Oct 24 Senator Hammond 13
News CIA director bails on Harvard speech after Chel... Oct '17 C Kersey 2
News Oprah Winfrey lists Elmwood Park house, her las... (Nov '16) Sep '17 Fiery Fox 3
News Harvard withdraws fellowship invitation to Chel... Sep '17 youll shoot your ... 29
News In Selma, Ala., Obama Proved that he is 'Black ... (Mar '15) Sep '17 Bill C 10
News Harvard Revokes Acceptance of 10 Incoming Fresh... Sep '17 Bill C 3
More from around the web