States with strict gun laws found to ...

States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

There are 5075 comments on the Reuters story from Mar 7, 2013, titled States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths. In it, Reuters reports that:

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

FormerParatroope r

United States

#5753 Jul 5, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
What child? A fetus is not a child -- you seem to be a child repeating wingnuz nonsense like a retarded parrot!!
That's a reply to a question?

What is a fetus? Where does it come from? Is it alive? At what point to you believe a fetus becomes human?

Constitutional right to choose?

It is not a religious question to me about abortion, it is a thought out position it has taken years to have. It was solidified when I saw where abortions were carried out, on whom and the techniques. It reminds me of what majorities have done in history to eliminate minorities, now the majority has made it a right. And weak minded, hate filled people fully support the idea of race elimination.

Your response?
FormerParatroope r

United States

#5754 Jul 5, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy is the power of equal votes for unequal minds! Why are you wingnuz incapable accepting the will of the people? The right of a woman to choose is constitutional – so which parts of this don’t you get? The only way to practice democracy -- is to practice democracy ...
The problem is you can find "rights" where they do not exist, yet cannot find rights spelled out directly.

But when does a fetus become a human?
FormerParatroope r

United States

#5755 Jul 5, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers only recite the 2nd, that is positively written in stone.
All of the rights recognized by the Constitution are equal and of equal importance.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5756 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>Big deal.

Is that supposed to mean something?
Interpretation:
If I ignore the truth, I can continue my willful ignorance.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#5757 Jul 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Interpretation:
If I ignore the truth, I can continue my willful ignorance.
Interpretation:

Therefore, not only will republicans violate the bill of rights teabaggers will support and defend the activity.

Continuing THEIR "willful ignorance".

Until a democrat gets elected.

Then they raise hell and cry about their rights.

Poor teabagger
derp

Lockhart, TX

#5758 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>Interpretation:

Therefore, not only will republicans violate the bill of rights teabaggers will support and defend the activity.

Poor teabagger
Derp derp. Lol
spocko

Oakland, CA

#5759 Jul 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The right of the people to keep and bear arms is constitutional. Again, hypocritical.
I have never met a single person who want's deprive anyone of the 2nd amendment it's only you efd-up wingnuz idiots who keep repeating it. Besides, gun-control legislation has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment and you know it!! Society and our Gov't has a duty to provide a safe and healthy environment in every sense of the word!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#5760 Jul 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, when someone murders a pregnant woman, they are charged with two counts of murder. Hypocritical to say the least.
Your argument is completely void of any logic, are you now saying every pregnant woman wants an abortion? You now have lost the little bit of credibility you had left - ye moron!!!!

Location hidden

#5761 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>Big deal.

Is that supposed to mean something?
Nah, they just chose an amendment to add that to for no reason.
Here's your sign!

Location hidden

#5762 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>Interpretation:

Poor teabagger
Pathetic attempt a comedy.

Location hidden

#5763 Jul 5, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>I have never met a single person who want's deprive anyone of the 2nd amendment it's only you efd-up wingnuz idiots who keep repeating it. Besides, gun-control legislation has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment and you know it!! Society and our Gov't has a duty to provide a safe and healthy environment in every sense of the word!
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
The second amendment doesn't say, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be taken away. It says,"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".
Infringed means to limit or undermine. I'm sure you know a hell of a lot of people who wish to limit or undermine gun rights!

Location hidden

#5764 Jul 5, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument is completely void of any logic, are you now saying every pregnant woman wants an abortion? You now have lost the little bit of credibility you had left - ye moron!!!!
Nope. I'm saying when on trial for murder, a fetus is a human life. Yet when considering abortion, that same fetus is not.
FormerParatroope r

United States

#5765 Jul 5, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never met a single person who want's deprive anyone of the 2nd amendment it's only you efd-up wingnuz idiots who keep repeating it. Besides, gun-control legislation has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment and you know it!! Society and our Gov't has a duty to provide a safe and healthy environment in every sense of the word!
Where in the Constitution does it say government and society has a duty to provide a safe and healthy environment?

Is it not your responsibility for your own health and safety?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#5766 Jul 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, they just chose an amendment to add that to for no reason.
Here's your sign!
Republican, created, passed and signed into law un "Patiot" Act.

Here's YOUR sign.

Poor teabagger.

Location hidden

#5767 Jul 5, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>Where in the Constitution does it say government and society has a duty to provide a safe and healthy environment?

Is it not your responsibility for your own health and safety?
You're going to make his head implode.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#5768 Jul 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic attempt a comedy.
Only when referring to teabaggers.

A comedy of errors.

Poor teabagger.

Location hidden

#5769 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>Only when referring to teabaggers.

A comedy of errors.

Poor teabagger.
Don't quit your day job. Comedy isn't working for you.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#5770 Jul 5, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't quit your day job. Comedy isn't working for you.
Un "Patriot" Act.

Teabagger supported and defended.

www.kleenex.com Cached

Poor teabagger.

Location hidden

#5771 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>Republican, created, passed and signed into law un "Patiot" Act.

Here's YOUR sign.

Poor teabagger.
What a surprise. Deflection.

Location hidden

#5772 Jul 5, 2013
<quoted text>Un "Patriot" Act.

Teabagger supported and defended.

www.kleenex.com Cached

Poor teabagger.
Lmao! Obviously your favorite deflection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvard University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dream team of historians proposed to advise US ... Aug 25 LAVON AFFAIR 1
News Colleges Campuses Are Full Of Subtle Racism And... (Jan '15) Aug 14 mutai c emmanuel 24
assignments Aug 14 mutai c emmanuel 1
News Ben Affleck and the debate for Reparation conti... (Apr '15) Jul '16 Mexican Lottery W... 27
News Weird pupils let octopuses see their colorful g... Jul '16 Parden Pard 1
Equity Analyst Internship Jul '16 LukeLuke 1
Stunning Apartment For Rent! Walk to Harvard Jun '16 Jaclyn 1
More from around the web