States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

Mar 7, 2013 Full story: Reuters 5,069

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5252 Jun 12, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>You ignorant pigheaded fools can place your disagree icons on my natural law posts all you wish. You better get cracking on educating those in the legal profession however.
It IS the law. That IS the way it is in the law.
Look it up.
Please, by all means do NOT take my word for it. LOOK IT UP.

I provided links for you to educate yourself on the matter. If you do not like my links, find your own, but for God sake man LOOK IT UP.
Your life may one day well depend upon it.
Lol. Fat chance of a liberal actually looking something up! They only regurgitate what is provided to them by their propaganda spreading puppet masters, or what they have heard from their liberal friends.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#5253 Jun 12, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the apology was not sufficient to stem the tide of their retail items going up in flames.
If you have a problem with that ... TS.
You would be wrong, they have no regrets, each have their own career doing better than ever!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5254 Jun 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
You post idiotically under numerous names and misspell even a simple word like 'boy,' and expect to be taken seriously?
Nice post about nothing, simpleton. Go crawl back under the sheets.
You poor misguided little boie, a grade school dropout, and one who doesn't know when he's in over his head? Go ask your Mommy to explain the posts to you I can't put it in simpler English.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5255 Jun 13, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you drivel lacks logic, attacking the Dixie Chicks is not opposing the fact that right-wingers were ready for blood. Foaming over the a remark made by an entertainer, they picketed radio stations, burned Dixie Chicks’ music; boycotted stores that dared sell their wares. They marched with signs that read, "If you can't call him President, leave!" and "The U.S.A. doesn't need fools who belittle our leader!" The Dixie chick later apologized - as it should be in a polite society, something you friggen wingnuz troglodytes know nothing about!
She apologized only to recant it later. Natalie Maines is free to say whatever the hell she wants. And the rest of us are free to use our freedom of choice to no longer buy her wares, and to protest what she says using OUR freedom of speech. If she wasn't ready for the fallout, she should have kept her big yap shut. Just because you have the freedom of speech doesn't mean you don't have to suffer the consequenses for using it.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5256 Jun 13, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic. ALL rights humans have are enumerated and identified by HUMANS. They don't come down out of the sky, nor are they written and handed to you by some mythical sky-deity.
There is no HUMAN right save that created by humans, and no inherent "right" to own a gun or weapon of any kind.
WOW talk about dodging a point. Where in that post did I even mention GOD? You ranted on something I said nothing about. Create your own little world there? The right is self defense, the tool is irrelevant. The tools are ever changing and which tool is best suited for the job is the one I will use regardless if people like you like it or not. The main point is YOU don't have the RIGHT to tell me I can't. My birth or existence on this planet is not dependent on your permission. You keep ranting I don't have a right to a gun but I point out you don't have the right to tell me I can't.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5257 Jun 13, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wrong, they have no regrets, each have their own career doing better than ever!
Oh that's nice.
Tis another poster that said something about regrets.
I just said they paid for what they did/said. That's how it works.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5258 Jun 13, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> WOW talk about dodging a point. Where in that post did I even mention GOD? You ranted on something I said nothing about. Create your own little world there? The right is self defense, the tool is irrelevant. The tools are ever changing and which tool is best suited for the job is the one I will use regardless if people like you like it or not. The main point is YOU don't have the RIGHT to tell me I can't. My birth or existence on this planet is not dependent on your permission. You keep ranting I don't have a right to a gun but I point out you don't have the right to tell me I can't.
"My birth or existence on this planet is not dependent on your permission."

Thanks ... another tee shirt.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#5259 Jun 16, 2013
Anti-Fascism wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I am a troll, you're therefore admitting, in your mind and to those watching, that you cannot logically counter what a troll says on a forum?
If you wish, kid.
I wonder - if you were a president (or dictator in another fascist country) and I called you a FASCIST to your face in public, in my protesting of what you're doing to the nation, would you physically assault me then, for using my right to freedom of speech. in telling the public the truth of what and who you are in reality?
I'm betting, if you could get away with it, that you'd have me arrested and tortured, then feared into shutting me up (or killed, if you could get away with it).
That's my hypothesis based upon your temper here, for wanting to seriously assault me merely for calling you a fascist-sympathizer on an anonymous forum, not even one which reveals who you are in real life. That says a lot about you.
Do you hate reading this truth concerning your violence-prone personality, merely triggered by words you read on a computer monitor?
I suggest you seek counseling.
LOL...a psychoanalysis worth every penny I paid for it, like all your hilariously pretentious, out-of-sync posts.

Play the martyr if you like, I'm sure it warms your evil little black heart...:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#5260 Jun 16, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> WOW talk about dodging a point. Where in that post did I even mention GOD? You ranted on something I said nothing about. Create your own little world there? The right is self defense, the tool is irrelevant. The tools are ever changing and which tool is best suited for the job is the one I will use regardless if people like you like it or not. The main point is YOU don't have the RIGHT to tell me I can't. My birth or existence on this planet is not dependent on your permission. You keep ranting I don't have a right to a gun but I point out you don't have the right to tell me I can't.
Didn't dodge a thing, but your hysterical overreaction was amusing. No one's arguing AGAINST a right to self-defense, fool.

You're confused....again.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5261 Jun 16, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't dodge a thing, but your hysterical overreaction was amusing. No one's arguing AGAINST a right to self-defense, fool.

You're confused....again.
Wow! Who is your puppet master? All you liberals must have had a recent meeting with him. Suddenly, on numerous threads, conservatives are being accused of overreacting, by numerous liberals.
Is that the new buzz word? Overreacting?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#5262 Jun 16, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Who is your puppet master? All you liberals must have had a recent meeting with him. Suddenly, on numerous threads, conservatives are being accused of overreacting, by numerous liberals.
Is that the new buzz word? Overreacting?
LOL ... conservatives overreacting?! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!:)

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5263 Jun 16, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Who is your puppet master? All you liberals must have had a recent meeting with him. Suddenly, on numerous threads, conservatives are being accused of overreacting, by numerous liberals.
Is that the new buzz word? Overreacting?
Well Doc, they ARE, after all, melodrama queens. The whole lot of em.
They are into overacting, and reading from scripts.

Oh, and some of them have really hit the big time now, they are cast in several roles at once I hear.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5264 Jun 16, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>Well Doc, they ARE, after all, melodrama queens. The whole lot of em.
They are into overacting, and reading from scripts.

Oh, and some of them have really hit the big time now, they are cast in several roles at once I hear.
I'm afraid you confused me. Are you talking about they as liberals or conservatives?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5265 Jun 16, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>LOL ... conservatives overreacting?! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!:)
Getting a little sucker punch in? Enjoy it! Most people reading it realize it means you have nothing to refute with.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#5266 Jun 17, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't dodge a thing, but your hysterical overreaction was amusing. No one's arguing AGAINST a right to self-defense, fool.
You're confused....again.
Dodging again? You rant on God when I said nothing about God. The owner ship of the best tool available for self defense is very relevant to the subject of self defense. You insist "certain" tools should be removed from the public hands simply because the tool is the most efficient tool available. That's like saying you can't use a hammer to drive a nail because it is too efficient so you can only use a feather. At this point in time a gun is the most efficient tool to stop an attack by one or many attackers. It levels the field between the weaker and stronger. That's why police carry them. That's why the Secret Service carries them. That's why the military carries them. So why are you against citizens (which is the reason for all these other groups existing in the first place) having them for the same reason? I'm not confused and your dodging or trying to mask your intentions does not work with me or most Americans. Try to stay on subject and address the issue not simply go ranting off into left field.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5269 Jun 17, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid you confused me. Are you talking about they as liberals or conservatives?
Reread your own post to which I responded. There is a real big clue in your post. I think it is in the second sentence I believe.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5270 Jun 17, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Dodging again? You rant on God when I said nothing about God. The owner ship of the best tool available for self defense is very relevant to the subject of self defense. You insist "certain" tools should be removed from the public hands simply because the tool is the most efficient tool available. That's like saying you can't use a hammer to drive a nail because it is too efficient so you can only use a feather. At this point in time a gun is the most efficient tool to stop an attack by one or many attackers. It levels the field between the weaker and stronger. That's why police carry them. That's why the Secret Service carries them. That's why the military carries them. So why are you against citizens (which is the reason for all these other groups existing in the first place) having them for the same reason? I'm not confused and your dodging or trying to mask your intentions does not work with me or most Americans. Try to stay on subject and address the issue not simply go ranting off into left field.
Exactly.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#5271 Jun 17, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a little sucker punch in? Enjoy it! Most people reading it realize it means you have nothing to refute with.
Refute it? Say what ... refute garbage? I don't think so!! You really think you can be posting stupid as friggen dogshit and someone should discuss it? Your an embarrassment to chimps!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5272 Jun 17, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>Reread your own post to which I responded. There is a real big clue in your post. I think it is in the second sentence I believe.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#5273 Jun 17, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Who is your puppet master? All you liberals must have had a recent meeting with him. Suddenly, on numerous threads, conservatives are being accused of overreacting, by numerous liberals.
Is that the new buzz word? Overreacting?
No, it's the same ol' s--t from the Right. No talking points needed to notice the obvious...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvard University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colleges Campuses Are Full Of Subtle Racism And... Jan 24 Masud_S_Hoghughi__ 21
Russia appeals for calm as crisis forces it to ... Jan 16 RUSSIAN COLLAPSE 3
Amy Poehler named Harvard's Hasty Pudding woman... Jan 7 fastest finger 1
'Excuse Me' Biden headlines top political gaffe... Dec '14 SirPrize 25
Foreign-born ministers in Ukraine's new cabinet Dec '14 Lukashenko is Dr ... 19
Hundreds block traffic in Cambridge to protest ... Dec '14 EverettCitizen 3
Ashton Carter: Defense job would raise his profile Dec '14 goldstone report 1
More from around the web