States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

Mar 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Comments (Page 158)

Showing posts 3,141 - 3,160 of5,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We condemn,
"I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth--that God Governs the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?"

Benjamin Franklin
Not one of the queer founding fathers

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
Speaking for the SCOTUS majority
this century
The second amendment IS unlimited! If the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, by definition, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be limited.

in·fringe
/inˈfrinj/
Verb
Actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.): "infringe a copyright".
Act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on: "infringe on his privacy".
Synonyms
violate - transgress - break - contravene - trespass

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you do, that horrible sales tax you can't get around when you buy your 40 ounce Old English.

Tragic!
You seem to know a lot about what malt beverage is purchased in the hood.
That and your perverse adjectives along with racist adjectives, explain so much about you and your mentality.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee son. You stated there is a declaration of war for iraq, supported by record of Congressional vote.
And yet, nada from you!
Well gee Pappy, you talk funny, is that due to the way you form your words? After all, English is your second language?
Sir Bucking Fastard

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth--that God Governs the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?"
Benjamin Franklin
Not one of the queer founding fathers
"Benjamin Franklin stands tall among a small group of men we call our Founding Fathers. Ben used his diplomacy skills to serve his fellow countrymen. His role in the American Revolution was not played out on the battlefields like George Washington, but rather in the halls and staterooms of governments. His clear vision of the way things should be, and his skill in both writing and negotiating, helped him to shape the future of the United States of America.

"Ben stands alone as the only person to have signed all four of the documents which helped to create the United States: the Declaration of Independence (1776), the Treaty of Alliance, Amity, and Commerce with France (1778), the Treaty of Peace between England, France, and the United States (1782), and the Constitution (1787). He actually helped to write parts of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. No other individual was more involved in the birth of our nation."

http://fi.edu/franklin/statsman/statsman.html

Franklin wasn't a homosexual. But YOU are.

And once again: You're quite ni ggardly with the facts.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee Pappy, you talk funny, is that due to the way you form your words? After all, English is your second language?
lol! At least I tell the truth son.

You otoh.... that's another story!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
The second amendment IS unlimited!
Gee, I wonder whose opinion is worth more: an internet fraud already proved to be a m/f c/s liar, or the nine current Supreme Court justices who agree that there are limits to the second amendment... which, apparently... you don't know all the words too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."
If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

&#8213; Joseph Goebbels

For some, eh, GayDavy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Sir Bucking Fastard wrote:
Franklin wasn't a homosexual.
I didn't say he was- had had 14 children and was quite the gadfly.

But then... comprehension isn't one of your strong suites, and that is before you divide it among your aliases.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
-Mr. Chief Justice TANEY
PS: Had you passed history class, GayDavy, you would have known the Dred Scott decision was that decision that insisted a slave who escaped to the North was still the property of his "owner" no matter were the slave went; that slaves were not- and could never be- citizens of the US; that slaves were property, and their owners could transport them as such throughout the US.

And the Dred Scott decision was one of the causes of the Civil War which would come to take the lives a half million people.

Putting aside, BOZO- the decision was overturned.

“The trolls hate this guy”

Since: Jul 09

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting you would say that after voting for a complete failure like Obama.......twice. What year of his second term is he going to pivot to jobs?
I didn't vote for Obama in either 2008 or 2012. I voted third party. Think before you post next time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I wonder whose opinion is worth more: an internet fraud already proved to be a m/f c/s liar, or the nine current Supreme Court justices who agree that there are limits to the second amendment... which, apparently... you don't know all the words too.
You keep posting that. Back it up! Please post proof that I am or have been proven a liar!
I would say the opinion of the person that realizes limiting is infringing by definition would be more credible. Are you implying Supreme Court Justices are beyond political pressure and manipulation? Are you really that naive? Or just hoping I am?
Why don't you post the words of the second amendment you think I don't know. I have posted it in its entirety several times. However, just for shits and giggles, post the words you think I don't know and your interpretation of them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep posting that. Back it up! Please post proof that I am or have been proven a liar!
Already posted.

Try to keep moving forward. We don't always have time to break it down to the lowest common denominator.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
Are you implying Supreme Court Justices are beyond political pressure and manipulation?
Funny how you keep referring to the Heller decision and then I remind you of the entire Heller decision at which point you want to disregard the part you don't like and keep the part you do.

You know: like the Second Amendment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Already posted.

Try to keep moving forward. We don't always have time to break it down to the lowest common denominator.
Really? What is the post number? Liar!
Oh, you mean try keeping blinders on, so you don't have to explain your lies? Yeah, everyone knows what you really meant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you keep referring to the Heller decision and then I remind you of the entire Heller decision at which point you want to disregard the part you don't like and keep the part you do.

It is you who have been reminded of the entire Heller decision. Funny thing is, I have yet to see you respond to a post with the entire Heller decision included in it. Why would that be, if it makes your point for you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you keep referring to the Heller decision and then I remind you of the entire Heller decision at which point you want to disregard the part you don't like and keep the part you do.

Hey, I invited you to post the part of the second amendment you contend that I ignore or leave out! You keep accusing but refuse to back or prove it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What is the post number? Liar!
Pick one- any of your posts.

Lowest common denominator.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you who have been reminded of the entire Heller decision.
I guess you forgot *I* was the one who posted the ENTIRE Heller decision and you were the one that keeps forgetting this part:

"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Courts opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Millers holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those in common use at the time finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
Speaking for the SCOTUS majority
this century

++

Heller isn't a blank check, Dr-Deflection.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I invited you to post the part of the second amendment you contend that I ignore or leave out! You keep accusing but refuse to back or prove it!
I don't have to post half the Second Amendment, I know the entire thing and am not embarrassed to repeat it in its entirety.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,141 - 3,160 of5,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••