States with strict gun laws found to have fewer shooting deaths

Mar 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

States that have more laws restricting gun ownership have lower rates of death from shootings, both suicides and homicides, a study by researchers at Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard University found.

Comments (Page 157)

Showing posts 3,121 - 3,140 of5,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
2300 posts/ month. Do you get paid by check or cash, or meth?
Probably all three, money orders work best in her community, although checks can be tracked. It's doubtful she had seen the inside of a bank or knows what transpires within those walls

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Probably all three, money orders work best in her community, although checks can be tracked.
You'd be the expert on it, Afterbirth, you haven't missed any meals in the last thirty years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be the expert on it, Afterbirth, you haven't missed any meals in the last thirty years.
Yes, Barefootin' It I do know what goes on inside a bank, since I have stock in one. You probably could go to the same bank to pick up your food stamp coupons, Do you??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Yes, Barefootin' It I do know what goes on inside a bank?
You know what goes on inside a welfare office, Afterbirth, and you certainly know the ropes on kiting checks.

It's not something most people would brag about.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Yes, Barefootin' It I do know what goes on inside a bank, since I have stock in one. You probably could go to the same bank to pick up your food stamp coupons, Do you??
lol! Chica, you really do crack me up!

Why don't you tell us you own t-bills so you know all about how government operates!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Chica, you really do crack me up!
Why don't you tell us you own t-bills so you know all about how government operates!
Now wait, he owns a stock in a bank, without his support, the entire economy would collapse.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Chica, you really do crack me up!
Hey there Lil Boie, you sure as hell don't know how anything works, yourself included. I wouldn't own T-Bills. I pay taxes, to many and too much, why would loan the Giverment more money?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

I pay taxes, to many and too much
Sure you do, that horrible sales tax you can't get around when you buy your 40 ounce Old English.

Tragic!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do, that horrible sales tax you can't get around when you buy your 40 ounce Old English.
Tragic!
What's a 40 ounce Old English? Not familiar with that? Now a little Johnny Walker Red before dinner, and a once or two of amaretto after dinner makes all well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>What's a 40 ounce Old English?
Your first course, Afterbirth.

Followed by the Ripple dessert.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
“...That it
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
Speaking for the SCOTUS majority
this century

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We condemn, and with arms in our hands,--a resource which Freemen will never part with
Freemen.

Not people.

PS: this famous American said:
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
Speaking for the SCOTUS majority
this century

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Your first course, Afterbirth.
Followed by the Ripple dessert.
You really are ignorant aren't you, Barefootin' It? I axed you what it was, and I get gobble-de-gook for an answer, You go Geeel?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Hey there Lil Boie, you sure as hell don't know how anything works, yourself included. I wouldn't own T-Bills. I pay taxes, to many and too much, why would loan the Giverment more money?
lol! And yet, I'm still waiting for that declaration of war you claim exists.

What do you actually know son? I mean, besides what you claim!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>What's a 40 ounce Old English? Not familiar with that? Now a little Johnny Walker Red before dinner, and a once or two of amaretto after dinner makes all well.
lol! Looks like you started early on the sauce son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You really are ignorant aren't you, Barefootin' It? I axed you what it was, and I get gobble-de-gook for an answer, You go Geeel?
Well gee son. You stated there is a declaration of war for iraq, supported by record of Congressional vote.

And yet, nada from you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
The CONSTITUTIONALLY CORRECT
If you don't like the US Second Amendment, you dolt, why don't you try to change it to *YOUR VERSION* or move.

Since you haven't lifted a finger for this country, consider that option, Gay DAvy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."
Nope.

Nice of you to continue to make an idiot of yourself, GayDavy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<"
"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."
Nope.

Nice of you to continue to make an idiot of yourself, GayDavy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

DavidQ762 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We condemn,
"I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth--that God Governs the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?"

Benjamin Franklin
Not one of the queer founding fathers

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,121 - 3,140 of5,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harvard University Discussions

Search the Harvard University Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Study: Religion No Go-To for LGBs; Suicide Risk... 12 hr Jumper The wise 81
Hillel, a safe haven for Israel supporters Jul 12 indict judy Genshaft 4
Doing Something is Better Than Doing Nothing fo... Jul 4 humanSpirit 1
Bangladesh: Behemoth Garment Industry Weathers ... Jun '14 Human at Earth 1
The Definitive Stoughton School Committee Debat... (Apr '13) Jun '14 Kundrot dionkie 11
Capital of sleaze: Harrisburg gains rep for cor... Jun '14 lady 1
China crackdown on 1,000 'naked officials' Jun '14 CCP is CORRUPT and DOOMED 1
•••
•••