Why Gun Control Is So Contentious in the US

There are 4 comments on the KSEE-TV Fresno story from Jul 22, 2012, titled Why Gun Control Is So Contentious in the US. In it, KSEE-TV Fresno reports that:

"There are people who want to own guns for recreational or self-defense purposes, and on the other side, I don't think anyone wants to see someone walk into a crowded movie theater and kill people," said Art Markman, professor of psychology at the University of Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSEE-TV Fresno.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1 Jul 22, 2012
It's a poop argument, the 9/11 hijackers used Boeing aircraft to kill thousands, yet no one is asking Boeing to quit manufacturing assault airplanes, LOL!

“Tino Rangatiratanga”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 23, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
It's a poop argument, the 9/11 hijackers used Boeing aircraft to kill thousands, yet no one is asking Boeing to quit manufacturing assault airplanes, LOL!
Right, but not just anyone can own, operate and fly one. Besides, how often does an event like 9/11 happen? You do the math.
ZZ Apex

Denver, CO

#3 Jul 23, 2012
That Maori Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, but not just anyone can own, operate and fly one. Besides, how often does an event like 9/11 happen? You do the math.
Same holds true wit mass shootings. They are statistically rare.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#4 Jul 24, 2012
That Maori Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, but not just anyone can own, operate and fly one.
Actually, the 9/11 hijackers didn't own, operate or fly those aircraft...they manipulated the controls, but none of them were an owner, airline or licensed pilot. Do the math.

As for guns, people have a right to keep and bear them, the theater stole those people's right to arm themselves by putting up a "gun free zone" sign. The 9/11 hijackers didn't have a right to hijack those planes.

In honor of the survivors of the Cinema 9 massacres, I'm building my next AR15 in honor of them, just awaiting the postal service to deliver the remaining parts. I was thinking about having a bat man logo lazer engraved on the buffer assembly and painted the correct colors, how does that grab your teats?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harvard University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suing the Ivies over discrimination against Asi... 19 hr Ainu 1
News Harvard in hot water over race allegations May 22 Ainu 6
News Anti-Asian discrimination claims at Harvard rev... May 22 Ainu 1
News Asian-American Groups Accuse Harvard of Racial ... May 18 Ainu 1
News Asian-American groups accuse Harvard of discrim... May 18 Ainu 1
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know Apr 30 Thinking 34
News Ben Affleck and the debate for Reparation conti... Apr '15 Oh No You Di-nt 26
More from around the web