Why Gun Control Is So Contentious in the US

Jul 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSEE-TV Fresno

"There are people who want to own guns for recreational or self-defense purposes, and on the other side, I don't think anyone wants to see someone walk into a crowded movie theater and kill people," said Art Markman, professor of psychology at the University of Texas.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jul 24, 2012

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

It's a poop argument, the 9/11 hijackers used Boeing aircraft to kill thousands, yet no one is asking Boeing to quit manufacturing assault airplanes, LOL!

“Tino Rangatiratanga”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

Richard_ wrote:
It's a poop argument, the 9/11 hijackers used Boeing aircraft to kill thousands, yet no one is asking Boeing to quit manufacturing assault airplanes, LOL!
Right, but not just anyone can own, operate and fly one. Besides, how often does an event like 9/11 happen? You do the math.
ZZ Apex

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

That Maori Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, but not just anyone can own, operate and fly one. Besides, how often does an event like 9/11 happen? You do the math.
Same holds true wit mass shootings. They are statistically rare.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

That Maori Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, but not just anyone can own, operate and fly one.
Actually, the 9/11 hijackers didn't own, operate or fly those aircraft...they manipulated the controls, but none of them were an owner, airline or licensed pilot. Do the math.

As for guns, people have a right to keep and bear them, the theater stole those people's right to arm themselves by putting up a "gun free zone" sign. The 9/11 hijackers didn't have a right to hijack those planes.

In honor of the survivors of the Cinema 9 massacres, I'm building my next AR15 in honor of them, just awaiting the postal service to deliver the remaining parts. I was thinking about having a bat man logo lazer engraved on the buffer assembly and painted the correct colors, how does that grab your teats?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harvard University Discussions

Search the Harvard University Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Study says Erie is unhappy, but happily cheap Thu Belsons Lament 32
Study: Religion No Go-To for LGBs; Suicide Risk... Thu Marcavage s Emission 91
Hillel, a safe haven for Israel supporters Jul 12 indict judy Genshaft 4
Doing Something is Better Than Doing Nothing fo... Jul 4 humanSpirit 1
Bangladesh: Behemoth Garment Industry Weathers ... Jun '14 Human at Earth 1
The Definitive Stoughton School Committee Debat... (Apr '13) Jun '14 Kundrot dionkie 11
Capital of sleaze: Harrisburg gains rep for cor... Jun '14 lady 1
•••
•••